Is there a calibration ore spawn limit?

Leniver

Hello,

I was on TheTordan's stream yesterday and they talked about a potential limit on ore spawning when calibrating.
As I never heard about that before, maybe I missed a NQ's announcement about that.

Does anyone has an official information about that?
If so could we get a link?

I am not complaining about that, I just want to know the rule so I can organize better my harvesting :)

Kind regards

They may have been talking about the MU changes in the most recent patch. Since then, you may not calibrate another MU on an ore type that has zero remaining potential hourly output. You also may not remove MU for 24 hours after you calibrate them (you have to Start them collecting before you can calibrate, and can't Stop them for a day, and you can't pick them up if they're running) so yo can't "let go" of some of the capacity in order to calibrate another MU.

This limits the number of calibrations per ore type on a given territory in a 24 hour period. If you have more calibration potential than territory, you might get more mileage nowadays out of small MUs, since each "eats" less of the potential hourly output when you put it down, so you can get more calibrations per day done. Or maybe that doesn't work; haven't systematically tested it.

Hey Leniver, there is indeed a limit to the amount of surface ore that can be present on a given territory. When this limit is reached, new calibration spawns will begin overriding old ones. This was officially mentioned in Ask Aphelia Episode Eleven - Question Nine.  Unfortunately I do not know what the limit is but perhaps others can comment on their experiences and offer a rough estimate.

Recently i've noticed a bug where i will have pairs of calibration rocks spawned in the exact same spot.  And when i harvest one of them, they both disappear, and i only get the ore from the one i clicked on first.

It has happened on two different territories, but now that i think about it, both times, it was a territory that i have four MUs on.  And i calibrated all four at once, before harvesting any ore.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

12 hours ago, Msoul said:

Hey Leniver, there is indeed a limit to the amount of surface ore that can be present on a given territory. When this limit is reached, new calibration spawns will begin overriding old ones. This was officially mentioned in Ask Aphelia Episode Eleven - Question Nine.  Unfortunately I do not know what the limit is but perhaps others can comment on their experiences and offer a rough estimate.

Thanks mate, so we don't know the limit but there is a limit.

If any NQ read this, could we have more precision about it?
Again, it's just that we can organize better our gameplay.

11 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Recently i've noticed a bug where i will have pairs of calibration rocks spawned in the exact same spot.  And when i harvest one of them, they both disappear, and i only get the ore from the one i clicked on first.

It has happened on two different territories, but now that i think about it, both times, it was a territory that i have four MUs on.  And i calibrated all four at once, before harvesting any ore.

I have 3 computers, I know that I can only use one for harvesting.
On the 2 others the rocks blink or are not present or disappear before I harvest them. I had a lot of bugs with harvesting, I might had yours.
At this point, I just take what I can get and if it's fixed by NQ that's good if not I will live with it :)

23 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I get this all the time. The game is too stupid to recognize two rocks in the same place. Or it’s too stupid to place rocks in empty spots.

basically the game is stupid and is programmed stupidly.

So I calibrate. Pick up. Calibrate. pick up. In that order, rather than calibrating multiple times with different machines. 

also many times I find the calibration ore doesn’t even spawn at all…. because the game is stupid and is programmed stupidly. 

im beyond biting my tongue with regards to this complete fustercluck of a game.