24 hour mining unit cooldowns. terrible. please remove

choxie

As others have expressed, waiting 24 hours to calibrate a mining unit is a completely unnecessary and game-breaking change. What's the point of "trace" tiles now? Why even put tiles in the game with 2L/h?
Please do the right thing and reverse this change. There's no need for this

Edit: Alternatively, how about just giving all the T2/3 tiles equal amounts. The competition is over, just let us have some resources

Edited by choxie

+1 please remove. It is an incredibly bad change. No point in 2L/h tiles. There are not enough T2/T3 tiles for everyone. The "sharing" of tiles between players was just killed.

The amount of calibration is already limited by charges/player and day.

Make more T2/T3 tiles

Make more asteroids.

There are SO MANY things you NQ can do to actually improve game quality and this thing you're trying to kill. It's called "fun".

24 hour mining unit cooldowns. NICE . please KEEP

This change is really a good thing.
Someone who really owns a flower of 7 tiles will finally be able to be rewarded for their investment.
On a flower of 7 if you only have one T2 / T3 or T4, you can do a calibration on each tile every 24 hours. This allows you to use 49 calibrations. Which makes a good bundle of ore.

And of course you actively participate in the game:
- You have to pay taxes like everyone else (which helps keep the price high for higher tier minerals)
- You must buy and install mining pods, so invest in several mining units and not just one.
- You are encouraged to go to outer rim planets to get tiles, and therefore either use cell warps or take the risk of crossing the PvP zone. This leads to interactions between players.

In short, only advantages for the balancing of the game with these changes.

@Knight-Sevy Just LoL

NQ just turned the already overjoy grind into a killer grind because to many people play DU.

Having all these players around is bad for server load and some are now forced to wieber the server.

The points you mention are solid and true but what you miss is that NQ already had countermeasures in place like overly abundant tax and time sinks.

When a ship gets soo loaded with water, it does not help to scrap the use of buckets to empty it, Then it will sink.

We will see cashback request soon, specially since patron sponsor and contributor packages are under european digital market law.

8 hours ago, Honvik said:

When people were making BILLIONS on it, its no wonder they want it back in the game.  It was and is gamebreaking to keep it in.  Its a good change and one that has been requested to be fixed for sometime.

We made billions without it, doing sanctioned things. Poor scrubs just want a level playing field.

Pro-tip nerds, you'll never be on a level playing field. Because I have more time, people and knowhow. 

NQ can't stop us from smacking their game around, they're not smart enough. These decisions prove it.

4 hours ago, FatRillos said:

We made billions without it, doing sanctioned things. Poor scrubs just want a level playing field.

Pro-tip nerds, you'll never be on a level playing field. Because I have more time, people and knowhow. 

NQ can't stop us from smacking their game around, they're not smart enough. These decisions prove it.

Best troll so far.  +1.  But NQ is trolling them harder right  now so it's going to be hard to get a rise ...

16 hours ago, FatRillos said:

Well... They are smart enough to make you give them money to play their game they allow you to smack around. You're not smart enough not to have given them money in the first place.

Even if you have billions and have people sell you their DAC, at some point you gave them money. And looking at you're 'Alpha' state, you were stupid enough to give them money during beta... 😜

@Zeddrick Can you score us? 😉

Anyone with any sense who gave money pre-launch did the sums and decided whether they'd get their money's worth in the "free" time and DACs period. I certainly did. I've had some fun, largely down to who I'm playing alongside, and don't feel cheated. Not going to spend any more though. The current experience is emphatically not worth the prices they're charging. One more DAC after this one, and I'm in two minds as to whether to save that for a "revisit" when someone tells me the game's better, or whether to use it for what fun I can currently.

Backing an EA game is a bet you make. It doesn't take much brains to run a long con. It takes a lot more, evidently to make a game with any longevity.

I utilized this, but I agree it needed to go.  They won't, but I actually wish they'd bring back ground mining (I know they won't for obvious reasons...).  Some kind of mechanic that would let us DIG ON TILES (not over saturated safe zone asteroid mining) for T1 & T2 ore.  Mining units for T3 thru T5 ore.

What if you're just starting out a year from now? All of the tiles are claimed and you have zero shot to get any tiles of substance.  Forced to asteroid mine where there is heavy pressure. That's not good game design. People will be trying this out at different times and need to feel they have a fair shot.

As a org of 4-6 people who own several flowers of t1 to t5 tiles, I hate the change and everything around it. Communication was bad.

We worked hard to obtain our tiles and trained talents to be able to make full use of them, now they barely produce enough to keep the factory running. We have 5 or so characters  with no where to dump our extra charges unless we wanna do it once every 24hours. In a game where travel can take hours, putting a 24 hour cooldown on stuff like this is just a big FU to everyone, honestly. Sure i can see how it was probably exploitable for people with multiple accounts, but that's not how EVERY other person plays. And those people can still spam missions for massive quanta. PVP still dominated by like what.. 3 or 4 major orgs? Gonna make plasma a gated resource as well. There's just so many other things that need fixing than worrying so much about the markets. One major fix that would level out a whole heck of a lot, is connecting the markets.

To me, i'm finding it harder and harder to stay ingame, because i don't want to have to spend 6 hours to do ANYTHING. I'm likely cancelling my sub unless the 29th shows some good will towards players of all kinds.

On 11/18/2022 at 4:43 AM, Rimezx said:

They should not have said that and should have changed it immediately. The figured it out now at least.

This has been in the game since the introduction of Mining Units during beta, they knew this, if they did not, they are not aware of how their game works and how people play it.

I think it is a good change, and that is from a player maxing out four accounts on mining units... It is more logical after the change, start, calibrate, you calibrate for a specific ore and it needs to run for 24 hrs before it can be changed. This forces players to specialize and trade more. Does this mean that certain people have to change their gameplay loop, sure, but haven't we all been there multiple times?