Bring the fun back

Zireaa

This is just my opinion you do not need two agreeI feal like the game has not changed for the better it feels like the new start is nothing but login Micromanage stuff and log out  come back in a day or so and repeat I know not everyone likes the old mining, but it was so much more fun than what we have now at least make it more accessible for new players to go out an astroid mine and increase the amount of astroids. There’s no need to explore other planets I need to just roll everything back in my opinion. I know there’s a argument that there was too much material on the market at the core of this game is a building game why restrict us from building it also allows for people to want to go out in the world and do PVP why would I want to go out and lose a ship that takes me months to get? I remember back in alpha the feeling I got seeing all the things I could do an explorer underground. I thought it was amazing now I just click on my mining unit calibrated log out and come in tomorrow pick up my material craft a few things logout not fun I still haven’t been able to build my holler or get to space to mine astroids. I don’t have millions to pay for a scanner.  Of course, this is just my opinion I know not everyone agrees, but that’s OK. I still like the universe even for what it’s become. I just don’t know how you are going two hook a new player two love a game that everything Is a chore And micromanage until you get some thing Do you want people to feel like this is amazing. What’s coming next? You need two get them from the beginning before they loose interest and just find a different game and DU population starts two drop after the hippie is over  tell me youer opinion of how two fix this game or being the fun factor back for everyone 

You are very correct.

I dont think new people even know of the massive cave systems there are/were in the planets. Not sure if they still exist to be honest.

Good points!

Well going to explore the existance of the cave systems this week, ill drill to the core again, will be fun!

7 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Well going to explore the existance of the cave systems this week, ill drill to the core again, will be fun!

You cannot drill to the core, just max 5km deep. I know, I tested it (out of boredom).

And to OP, to bring the fun back is rather easy, it is just like you say, DU is a build game, Build up civilization.

And all else comes from that so anything added should be in that line.

NQ is only limiting features and adding placeholders while scrapping old features, like the commun ity page that was very actively followed by many.

If you want to bring fun back you only need one thing, a mentality adjustment within NQ.  In stead of making stuff and server tech better the solution within NQ is to limit and scrap features.

When they take the buildup direction instead of the limit direction, we are there.

15 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

hmmm thats new, found any of the previous cave systems?

No, that was changed in the Beta. That was the whole story of like they "have to" do that (elíminate mining) because the planets were crisscrossed with huge tunnels everywhere and the server could not handle it - so all was closed up.

Since I was bored though, because nothing has a purpose or a function in this game, I did drill a lot of NEW tunnels, and also destroyed whole MOUNTAIN RANGES.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, Jinxed said:

@Aaaron I think the rule is 100m up, 5000m down. 

and build is limited to 1000m so several of our megastructure blueprints are no longer buildable. 

basically NQ lied to us when they said they would respect our efforts. 

still, I’m used to their lies by now. 

Wow, reading that suddenly made it feel like an abusive relationship.  

It is a paradox that in the construction space sandbox we are limited in construction and production.
First, they introduce hundreds of details that make up the craft and then complain about the server load. What prevented us from putting ingots into the assembler right away and getting finished products after tens of minutes and hours.
Talk about a fully modifiable world and complain about server performance when terraforming. (What prevented a week or two from simply filling up these ditches?)
And what prevents you from increasing the number of asteroids by 5 times and removing this moronic tracker? Give a radar for asteroids with a radius of 10 su. I found an asteroid - saved the coordinates and dig quietly, including in the pvp zone. Oh yes. PVP will be difficult for those who wish to look for their victims)). And who is easy now?

1 hour ago, ColonkinYT said:

It is a paradox that in the construction space sandbox we are limited in construction and production.
First, they introduce hundreds of details that make up the craft and then complain about the server load. What prevented us from putting ingots into the assembler right away and getting finished products after tens of minutes and hours.
Talk about a fully modifiable world and complain about server performance when terraforming. (What prevented a week or two from simply filling up these ditches?)
And what prevents you from increasing the number of asteroids by 5 times and removing this moronic tracker? Give a radar for asteroids with a radius of 10 su. I found an asteroid - saved the coordinates and dig quietly, including in the pvp zone. Oh yes. PVP will be difficult for those who wish to look for their victims)). And who is easy now?

Ahhh... Alas, NQ forums; where sensible ideas come to die.