Surface ore respawn? poll

Aaron Cain

Surface ore renewal? Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the surface ore respawn?

• Yes
    • No

My thoughts on this topic have been posted a few times so I'll keep it brief this time.  1)  Meteor strikes are a real phenomenon and could be implemented into the lore of why we get surface respawns.  2)  The current grind is too steep for solo players who want to experience anything other than flying other people's ships for NPC missions.

My thoughts are it’s a building gamy why make it so hard two get material expeshaly low tier it would also  help people be more wiling two go in two pvp and lose their ship  not every thing needs two be a grind  you want a new player two be able two get in build stuff easier get two space and explore not get bored trying two build a good ship and leave 

10 hours ago, Zireaa said:

My thoughts are it’s a building gamy why make it so hard two get material expeshaly low tier it would also  help people be more wiling two go in two pvp and lose their ship  not every thing needs two be a grind  you want a new player two be able two get in build stuff easier get two space and explore not get bored trying two build a good ship and leave 

server load.  In a game with no loss mechanics, buildings and thus server load increase monotonically. At some point the cost per player will exceed income per player and another wipe will have to take place. 

Hampering construction with time gates will delay the inevitable.  

So in short, If DU gets the market share NQ hopes, we get a wipe.

If we build long enough: we get a wipe.

If the server tech is getting more crappy: we get a wipe.

If the company providing the servers has a bad day or a raise in pricing: we get a wipe.

Feels more like SE evere week, but then again, SE has less limitations, and no monthly subs. i build a 3 km large dynamic city there fully armed and fully industrialized. Did the server owner like it? God no, but i was able to atleast build it :D.

Is du ever wants to compete and get more peops in we should see a stop to limitations and bigger builds, just for the mere reason the server tech gets upgraded. And That should be the first Priority

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

So in short, If DU gets the market share NQ hopes, we get a wipe.

If we build long enough: we get a wipe.

If the server tech is getting more crappy: we get a wipe.

If the company providing the servers has a bad day or a raise in pricing: we get a wipe.

Feels more like SE evere week, but then again, SE has less limitations, and no monthly subs. i build a 3 km large dynamic city there fully armed and fully industrialized. Did the server owner like it? God no, but i was able to atleast build it :D.

Is du ever wants to compete and get more peops in we should see a stop to limitations and bigger builds, just for the mere reason the server tech gets upgraded. And That should be the first Priority

The company providing the servers is Amazon...I wouldn't be shocked if an increase is imminent with them doing layoffs and adjusting for inflation, but I'd expect it to be small. 

Keep in mind that auto-scaling servers are vastly more expensive than reserved instances...so the more that people actually engage in random events like battles or races that mandate auto-scaling, the more expensive it is...and this is rather unpredictable.

Regardless of the cost issues specific to DU, the only way any sub-based MMO can survive is through subscription scale.

Subs have crap revenue no matter how you slice the server costs unless you have a critical mass of players...which NQ doesn't yet have. Nor are they close. 

I am unsure how NQ intends to get this market share they hope for....they haven't bothered cultivating a social presence after this many years, nor do they care to do so today. No one on their team can be bothered to post to insta or Twitter -- they just don't seem to care. 

For how much they insist that they are "indie", they don't care to engage on any channel that indies typically utilize. There are countless small indie studios that spend hundreds of times more effort in promoting their game organically than NQ does. With far fewer resources and staff. 

They have little hope of a positive-ROI paid campaign with churn rates being high and having to compete with AAA games that have far more budget (and often have an initial purchase price, so they can afford an extra $10-20 per conversion hat NQ never can). 

It's like they expected Steam to do all the work and bring them scale in buckets, but that is obviously fantasy. 

All I can imagine is that NQ literally doesn't care how well DU does for some reason, because otherwise I don't understand the general lack of effort in trying to promote the product even in free channels like social media.