Replace Tier 1 "bot" buy orders with buy orders for NPC only goods

Spungwa

Hi All

So my idea is not to get rid of the "bot" buy orders.  I think they are needed as the consumption in the economy is too low compared to supply.  So without "bots" price will drop to next to 0.

But to help the economy to be moving and make production better and more worthwhile, compared to just selling ore, I suggest having new NPC goods packages that can created from intermediaries and other items that only ultimately use tier ore.  These good should not need schematics.

This way more player "work" is required to sell to the bots beyond just hauling ore.  Would hopefully make secondary markets in the making of the intermediaries.  But at least it give producers a income facet, currently only mining and hauling can have a faucet.  Industry bares the burden of the main sink with schematics with no faucet to offset it.

The principle should for NPC buying should be :-

That it at its basic level, make as much player "work" needed as possible, for as many different playstyles as possible, before the the system will buy it.

If you wanted this could be extended this in the future to work like trade packs did in Archage.  So it could be you have  multiple buy orders at different prices starting high and going to the whatever floor you want.  They refresh every X (+ some random amount) days., this could be adjusted with player base size etc as required.  So taking them to where less are sold would mean they are worth more.  Industrial players may make player hauling missions to spread their packs to different markets to sell at the best time.  Players may put buy orders in for them above the floor but below the high and wait and try to sell them.

So creates content for the hauling and trader playstyle as well as the industry playstyle.

Much more could be added later, and i'm sure people could think of ways to make this better and fun to expand on this.

Regards

Spungwa