Feature Request

Tordan

Dear Devs.

It would be REALLY handy if we could search the auction house/market for all open buy orders. not just for a particular item, but rather all of them in a list, and the ability to sort that list and filter it.  I am certain there are many items with open buy orders that someone would gladly provide if we only knew they wanted it.

Thanks,

Tordan

I was chatting about this type of thing on discord yesterday.  

Imagine going to a real shop just to browse through what they have on sale and they stop you at the door and say:

“welcome, customer. what do you want to buy?”

”I want to buy some clothes.”

”Excellent. We have clothes. what specifically are you after?”

”.. I don’t know, nothing specific…. I was thinking maybe… a jacket or a blouse … “

”great, so which one do you want, a jacket or a blouse?”

“??? What? Ok a mainly a jacket. But that depends on the style. What styles have you got??”

”well, what style do you want?”

“Huh? What actual styles do you have?”

“Depends… why don’t you ask me and I’ll tell you if we have any stock right now.”

”Windbreakers?”

”nope”

”Varsity?”

”nope”

”semi formal?”

”what colour?”

”errr… pink?”

”nope”

”lilac?”

”nope”

”peach?”

“Hmm. Let’s see… Peach. Ok. What size?”

”extra small?”

”nope”

”small?”

”nope”

“ahh fkkit!!!”

/storms out/

“Thanks for visiting our store. Please come again soon.”

This game’s shopping experience is like a Monty Python episode. 

why are the market tools so 1990s? This is 2022. 

If Jinxed turns up to a marketplace to fulfill an order, she wants to browse what other orders are being placed there so she might be able to fulfill multiple orders at the same place. 

likewise she might want to see what’s on sale there before going back home. Maybe there’s a cheap T3 engine or something… maybe someone has dumped some cheap ore… she just wants to see if ANYTHING cool is for sale.  You know, on impulse. 

but no, there is no way just to list player made items on sale… imagine that. No way. 

A shop without a browse function. 

instead she has to click through a hierarchical menu or type until she gets an *exact match* on a particular item only to see that it’s not for sale at this market place but 160SUs away. 

absolutely unbelievable after eight years of “development”. 

oooh this is soooo recognizable.

On thades i wanted to see what people actually sold......i gave up and just build everything myself, ditched it on a hex and flew home.

Best shopping is just poof at all districts and scavenge whats out there, that atleast gives a feeling of ackomplishment even though its all t1 stuff you can make in seconds to minutes. the most expensive I see is the luminated voxels on the starter stuff.

So indeed good idea!