My thoughts on stasis weapons

W1zard

Change my mind:
Stasis effect should depend on yours ship mass, or the ratio between your ship mass and target mass, Not only on the target mass

Currently the stasis weapons are basically useless, because their optimal range depends on target mass.
It's useless against very light S-cores (current meta), because optimal range is only ~25km and it's basically impossible for heavier ship to maintain such close distance
It's useless against a heavy ship, because it's max speed already very low, and you don't need stasis to catch it.
So I can't find any real purpose for using stasis weapons with this mechanics.

On the other hand, if stasis weapons worked based on your ship mass, that would allow for heavier ship to remove the ability of a smaller ship to run away.
But as stasis weapons have zero effect on max angular speed, this would still allow for a smaller ship to orbit a big one and try outperform big ship's tracking and turning capabilities.

Why always NQ goes to the extremes? Once only XS core pvp ship was meta relevant then L ships and now S cores and nothing else works. It would be nice they unnerf a bit M and L PvP ships and give xs ships a gunner seat. So all sizes have something to add not just S cores