Forest Resources

Hirnsausen

There are winterish forests in snow areas, there are regular forests, and there are the lush tropical forests. Up to now, they are just unused potential in DU. Areas of land that are not being useful, interesting in any way.

I want to be able to find varieties of berries in regular forests, as well as mushrooms. In tropical forests, I want to be able to find more fruits than berries. In winter forests, I want to be able to find more nuts than berries. In all kind of forests, as well as in grass lands, I want to be able to find varieties of seeds. And in forests, logs can be harvested as well.

Consumption or processing of berries, fruits and nuts should also unlock seeds and spores as side product.

Own mushrooms can be grown when combining soil or logs with spores. And own trees, bushes, palms, grass, herbs, flowers can be grown as well when combining seeds with soil.

The nuts, berries, herbs, vegetables, fruits and mushrooms can partially be used as they are, or processed into drinks and dishes that temporarily boosts certain talents maybe. This would enable players to build restaurant ships or restaurant bases, another interesting income stream and boost to the community.

And who knows, maybe the berries and fruits can also be used to extract color pigments from them, which (if not sold on the markets) then can be further processed to paint. Paint can be used to colorize bases(ships and elements in new ways (there are also many threads about that), like player-made textures (example: camouflage patterns, etc.).  Further additives to paint make it glossy, matte, metallic, transparent or translucent, or iridescent.

With other words, the forests and other types of foliage as well as basic soil made into shapeable honeycombs are the stuff to unlock a wide variety of new possibilities inside DU, a game known to set new industrial standards for player-designed structures. It is time to unite this good feature with many other things  that good games offer. The competition does never sleep...