Dear NQ....

Anderson Williams

2 hours ago, FryingDoom said:

And all you will get is what EvE did, a CSM controlled by the largest alliances in the game who threaten to quit if they do not get their way.

Sounds great.

I mean at this point any representation or casual acknowledgement would be helpful. Its not like if the largest groups of DU leave the game will die..

1 hour ago, Anderson Williams said:

I mean at this point any representation or casual acknowledgement would be helpful. Its not like if the largest groups of DU leave the game will die..

Which is why we are better off pushing for real customer service. We are paying customers and NQ hardly has the money to offend customers.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:02 PM, Anderson Williams said:

You guys have given up on this game, thats fine, I appreciate your perspective.. but being thats the case just let us who remain work on it kthanks.

This post right here is a perfect example of why this is a bad idea.  You basically just said that anyone who disagrees with YOU doesn't have the game's best interest in mind.  That's just dishonest and manipulative.

If you couldn't even pretend to be impartial for 5mins why would anyone want to trust you with insider info, or a more direct line to NQ?

This is an awful idea for a million reasons.

44 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

This post right here is a perfect example of why this is a bad idea.  You basically just said that anyone who disagrees with YOU doesn't have the game's best interest in mind.  That's just dishonest and manipulative.

If you couldn't even pretend to be impartial for 5mins why would anyone want to trust you with insider info, or a more direct line to NQ?

This is an awful idea for a million reasons.

No im dismissing what I believe to be the pessimistic bitter vets. The naysayers with no solution that merely shoot all ideas down because, and I will paraphrase 'NQ is bad', 'DU is doomed'..... ' let me log in about it.' 

19 minutes ago, Anderson Williams said:

No im dismissing what I believe to be the pessimistic bitter vets. The naysayers with no solution that merely shoot all ideas down because, and I will paraphrase 'NQ is bad', 'DU is doomed'..... ' let me log in about it.' 

Nah dude.  They said your idea was bad.

3 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

If someone needs to be in the position to receive this sort of information (and I think they don't this point) who would you prefer to choose them?  The players or the people who picked the ATV (at least some of whom definitely misused the 0.23 insider info)?

That is a very good question. People can be unpredictable and neither group offers any real guarantees so it is just a question of who is able to evaluate candidates more thoroughly. NQ has an upper hand since they have access to private information like gameplay statistics and chat logs whereas the playerbase benefits from having more eyes to look for suspicious behavior. If something like this were to become necessary then perhaps both should have a say in the selection process. It makes things more complicated but also ensures that neither group is held solely responsible in the event of problems and helps to eliminate selection bias.

The way I see it, there is nothing preventing the game design team from publicly asking for input. In fact that is the whole reason why we have discussion posts after every major announcement. Later on if the devs need more directed feedback then they can request it like Entropy did with the honeycomb changes. A council/ATV system is only needed for the secret projects/changes and for making the playerbase feel more relaxed and better represented. Judging from the responses so far, it seems most believe we are not at the point where it is worth the added risks. I tend to agree but NQ may feel differently so I think it was worth raising the topic again.

7 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Nah dude.  They said your idea was bad.

Yeah dude in videogames having representation makes absolutely no sense, you are right. In every other facet of life we go so far as fight wars for representation. 

But i mean maybe those duders are right. I'll just keep reading them talk sh*t about the game and down NQ while offering no other solutions. But you right. 

6 hours ago, Msoul said:

That is a very good question. People can be unpredictable and neither group offers any real guarantees so it is just a question of who is able to evaluate candidates more thoroughly. NQ has an upper hand since they have access to private information like gameplay statistics and chat logs whereas the playerbase benefits from having more eyes to look for suspicious behavior. If something like this were to become necessary then perhaps both should have a say in the selection process. It makes things more complicated but also ensures that neither group is held solely responsible in the event of problems and helps to eliminate selection bias.

The way I see it, there is nothing preventing the game design team from publicly asking for input. In fact that is the whole reason why we have discussion posts after every major announcement. Later on if the devs need more directed feedback then they can request it like Entropy did with the honeycomb changes. A council/ATV system is only needed for the secret projects/changes and for making the playerbase feel more relaxed and better represented. Judging from the responses so far, it seems most believe we are not at the point where it is worth the added risks. I tend to agree but NQ may feel differently so I think it was worth raising the topic again.

It doesnt need to be for secret things...

Literally NQ can talk to a group of people and see how many issues we find with the game, and then give reasons back and forth over why somethings are clearly borked or help us better understand their methodology. Frequently that sort of communication absolutely can resolve an issue, and puts things in better perspective. 

Like the calibrations are obliterating the market... they think its a benefit at some cost in the long run. This is such evidence of how out of touch they are with the actual current status of things. OR they can show us some sort of math that makes it more clear, and then we could accept that. 

On 10/29/2022 at 9:23 PM, Anderson Williams said:

It doesnt need to be for secret things...

Literally NQ can talk to a group of people and see how many issues we find with the game, and then give reasons back and forth over why somethings are clearly borked or help us better understand their methodology. Frequently that sort of communication absolutely can resolve an issue, and puts things in better perspective. 

Like the calibrations are obliterating the market... they think its a benefit at some cost in the long run. This is such evidence of how out of touch they are with the actual current status of things. OR they can show us some sort of math that makes it more clear, and then we could accept that. 

Or they could just read the forums and respond to major complaints.

27 minutes ago, Anderson Williams said:

Well they dont seem to be. So this is a way to make sure they hear us.

Hold on, wait a minute. So you are taking to the forums, that you yourself doubt are being read by nq, to suggest something to nq? 🤔

53 minutes ago, ZeeckZero said:

Hold on, wait a minute. So you are taking to the forums, that you yourself doubt are being read by nq, to suggest something to nq? 🤔

I have no other means of communicating to them, and the more fanfare this gets the more likely they are to read. 

1 hour ago, Anderson Williams said:

I have no other means of communicating to them, and the more fanfare this gets the more likely they are to read. 

Yes, but when NQ provides a platform for communication,  and seemingly don't use it, I fail to see the logic in asking for another platform for communication.

Seems that starting of by using what's already there would be the best option.

The truth is that even the existing mechanisms and channels of communication are sufficient. Provided they are used.

There are enough ideas on how to diversify the gameplay on the forum for 2 games like DU. We have very talented people in the community in all aspects of the game. Just look at DU - Creators and various codes on github.

There is such an ingenious tool as a survey. With the help of which developers could find out the opinion of people about certain ideas.
If you want, you can always find a way!

Concerning advice of players. There will always be insiders. And the changes that we see seem to have been lobbied by just some players (I mean limiting the maximum speed from the mass of the ship, etc.). This is stupid and ignores all current physics and life experience. for a certain group of people.
The same goes for advice. People will promote their "brilliant" ideas, ignoring the interests of all players and common sense. Not because people are bad. It's just a property of a person who is confident in his own rightness. In this case, such advice will further aggravate the situation.

I think the guys from NQ should just get closer to the players. For example, select an individual person to communicate on the forum and simply choose interesting gameplay items. And finally, start communicating with the community not only in Discord.

It would be pretty funny to see issues with communications will always derail into this sort of discussions, but it is not.

Bottom line, the longer we fight in-house about how to tackle communication it will never be fixed as it is in the end not the players issue to fix.

It just comes down to a simple thing, apparently there is no reason for the company to actually engage in communication over what they already do and apparently creepy houses are of more importance and what has been build last month then talking about stuff like missing STU, the problems peoplehave with schematics, grievers, ore distributions etc.

The only time i actually saw NQ come here chat was when discussion here tended to negatively impact social media.

@Anderson Williams Just go with the prime directive of old. just DU it, just make a discord call it council, add the people here who actually want to be there and create the council. Then when all is in place sent an invite to A NQ spokesman/community manager and see what happens. Sent out all the notes on discussed matters on a forum post and call in council announcement and also throw it on the social media pages. In the end atleast the voice can be heared/read.  Since all news broadcasts/youtubes are down nothing remains for the voice of the people.

Frankly all discussions here on how communication should go are pointless, Its the same as a boss sending all his personal to a communications training since 100% of his/her staff cannot communicate but its not due to the boss communications skills.......I guess we all been there atleast once.

6 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

It would be pretty funny to see issues with communications will always derail into this sort of discussions, but it is not.

Bottom line, the longer we fight in-house about how to tackle communication it will never be fixed as it is in the end not the players issue to fix.

It just comes down to a simple thing, apparently there is no reason for the company to actually engage in communication over what they already do and apparently creepy houses are of more importance and what has been build last month then talking about stuff like missing STU, the problems peoplehave with schematics, grievers, ore distributions etc.

The only time i actually saw NQ come here chat was when discussion here tended to negatively impact social media.

@Anderson Williams Just go with the prime directive of old. just DU it, just make a discord call it council, add the people here who actually want to be there and create the council. Then when all is in place sent an invite to A NQ spokesman/community manager and see what happens. Sent out all the notes on discussed matters on a forum post and call in council announcement and also throw it on the social media pages. In the end atleast the voice can be heared/read.  Since all news broadcasts/youtubes are down nothing remains for the voice of the people.

Frankly all discussions here on how communication should go are pointless, Its the same as a boss sending all his personal to a communications training since 100% of his/her staff cannot communicate but its not due to the boss communications skills.......I guess we all been there atleast once.

I actually like that IDEA, I worry though that by trying to convo a member of NQ they would just be more inclined to ignore me XD! 

I would honestly only like to invite people that broadly represent the Community, not just my friends and buddies that can just echo chamber our same and like minds. That doesnt benefit anyone but us. But I really like the idea of being alittle in your face. I just would have for it to backfire XD

4 hours ago, Anderson Williams said:

I actually like that IDEA, I worry though that by trying to convo a member of NQ they would just be more inclined to ignore me XD! 

I would honestly only like to invite people that broadly represent the Community, not just my friends and buddies that can just echo chamber our same and like minds. That doesnt benefit anyone but us. But I really like the idea of being alittle in your face. I just would have for it to backfire XD

Personally I think a body of player representatives should represent the players as a whole and when you do this sort of thing it inevitably ends up just representing the people who chose the council.  Perhaps that's why the ATV was not successful in steering NQ towards a better place (not criticising the ATV here, I have no idea who they are or what they did/did not do but that's part of the point I'm making!).  If there's going to be a small group of people doing the talking here I'd like them to represent *me* too, which means I'd like to vote for them after reading their pitch, their vision for the game and how they would go about helping NQ.

We could actually hold some elections on that discord, have AMA channels for the candidates, etc and promote the whole thing in-game.  If enough players vote then that would give the whole thing a certain legitimacy when they group introduces itself to NQ as the representatives of the player base.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:15 PM, Zeddrick said:

If enough players vote then that would give the whole thing a certain legitimacy when they group introduces itself to NQ as the representatives of the player base.

It can be assumed that those with the most fans will get the votes, regardless of whether they contribute anything constructive or not. I am not a big fan of this "Gleichschaltung" or echo chamber.

There always needs to be critics, an opposition. Somewhere in the forum, and on the DU announcement site/forum at the time, it was possible to see who was part of this organisation. (NQ had published the list of who was invited) Judging from what you read of these people in the public forum, what they wrote, who also have an ATV title, I conclude that over 95% are not critics.

OP thinks everyone is just shouting "NQ bad", but you can see from my old public posts, for example, that I have always voiced criticism and suggestions for improvement. However, none of these seem to have had any effect. And I can't talk about things concerning ATV or Mission Control, because NDA.

14 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

It can be assumed that those with the most fans will get the votes, regardless of whether they contribute anything constructive or not. I am not a big fan of this "Gleichschaltung" or echo chamber.

There always needs to be critics, an opposition. Somewhere in the forum, and on the DU announcement site/forum at the time, it was possible to see who was part of this organisation. (NQ had published the list of who was invited) Judging from what you read of these people in the public forum, what they wrote, who also have an ATV title, I conclude that over 95% are not critics.

OP thinks everyone is just shouting "NQ bad", but you can see from my old public posts, for example, that I have always voiced criticism and suggestions for improvement. However, none of these seem to have had any effect. And I can't talk about things concerning ATV or Mission Control, because NDA.

Well, it depends on what you want to achieve.  If you want something ATV like then you already have that (or had it at least, like I said IDK anything about what it actually does/did).

It's true that voting can sometimes turn into a bit of a popularity contest but popular people tend to be saying things a lot of people agree with.  If you want a sounding board to help the devs do things which the player base would like then IMO popular people are a good start.  There are a lot of very well known people who would not get many votes I think because nobody agreed with them.

As for an echo chamber, that's exactly what I think is being suggested here.  We want something to represent the prevailing opinions of players.  Not come up with some clever alternative, the devs can do that.