THE FUTURE OF DUAL UNIVERSE - Discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

31 minutes ago, fusion94 said:

there will be talents for schematics, probably something else to break horrible or upset the scales of balance...

See it going one of two ways:

1) We are all at talent level 0 now, and schematics will simply be makeable 5% faster per level of talent.

2) We are at level 5 now, and everyone will be set at level 0.  Schematics will take longer to make than they do now.

Variation:  Cost to make may be affected as well.

3 hours ago, BiGEdge said:

Awesome work NQ...
Would have been even more awesome if those backer rewards would have been ready at the games release...
But hey it takes longer than expected, like allways and you are not a real Novean without some pacience right ^^

Also, how much longer do you think it will be on the missing Sanctuary Territory Units issue?

I expected there to be a stand-der-things about how far along the planets are and that with the 1.1 or 1.2 update at least the first of them would make it into the game.

The content presented in the stream is basically all for the backers, but it's not an update in that sense, it's just honouring a debt to those players. This could have been done with a sincere apology for the enormous delay.

The real content of the players is once again without many words and very open to a lot of speculation.

- Tactical Map: a visual display providing a tactical view of surrounding constructs detected by your active radar.
What exactly does this look like or is it just the red-blue colour changes shown instead of the neutral blue target indications? (Friend-enemy recognition/group recognition?)

- New tools for finding wrecks and a minor revamp of the radar system.
How does it look here? Will the changes make it easier for players to find wrecks? Has there not been much interest from players to look for them?

- Changes to the Deep Space Asteroid Tracker and the asteroid system.
Changes again? What will it be this time, why don't they go into detail?

- Adding the ability for repair units to use scrap.

A long awaited content, thank you. 

- New Orbital Delivery Challenge.
Will certainly inspire one or the other, let's hope they work better than the existing ones.

2 hours ago, Zarcata said:

The real content of the players is once again without many words and very open to a lot of speculation.

And is all (of the things you've listed) coming not in the "next" update (1.1, a couple of months away) but in the one after that (1.2 - who knows how long that'll be delayed from it's currently-notional March next year, and how many of the "promised" features will actually make it in).

1.1 is only planned to include (and will inevitably miss some of):

• Kickstarter backer rewards
  • Grid snapping for bloops
  • Steam Achievements
  • Element recycling
  • Schematic Talents

And that's it. Zero alterations to any game loops or additions to them. Largely lipstick on pigs.

Looks like I'm three DACs and out until they make an actual game to play. At least now I have enough info to save the ones I have left til actual features are released so I can check them out in the real 'Verse without further outlay. I'm okay with that never happening; beta was fun until they shot it in the face and I've had my money's worth.

I am currently disappointed. I had slightly different expectations for the game. I will not list other two similar games here, I think many know which I mean.
My expectation is this:
 A realistic universe (a physical model of a galaxy, or at least many planetary systems - billions of systems I think) - I can see now that something has been created - but this something is inconsistent with current astronomical knowledge, there are only a few microscopic planets with a bulb orbiting around them. I just don't understand the mechanics of the game. With these sizes of planets, they should probably be made of uranium or platinum, and I only find sand and stone :)) See the discoveries of TRAPPIST-1 planetary system, for example

Although its mostly pets glams and emotes, those are indeed good things to add, makes the community more viable as community. Please also fix the community page fast.

It would also have helped if current issues or main discussion points were addressed.

I'm disappointed because I expected the CEO or a senior staff member of NQ to talk to the community about the launch and the short term and long-term plans for this game. The Vision and roadmap for 2023. There was no info at all about what You have in mind with the game for the next 6-12 months. Or how You want to improve the game beyond 1.2.

By the way, the way the announcement was brought "Future of Dual Universe" I expected abit more then only a reference to an Old letter, gifts we knew were coming anyway and some repairs and features we knew were coming.

So any News on the future of DU but then without stuff already known or shared previously?

59 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

By the way, the way the announcement was brought "Future of Dual Universe" I expected abit more then only a reference to an Old letter, gifts we knew were coming anyway and some repairs and features we knew were coming.

So any News on the future of DU but then without stuff already known or shared previously?

Same. I was really disappointed in the the "announcement". And I felt sorry for Shamsie for being thrown under the buss by NQ like this. He did his best with what he was given, but as that was next to nothing, it was all just "meh".

NQ really has to step up their game and show that they are committed and willing to improve DU or players will just give up. I play this game every day, but I have to be honest and say that it is disheartening to see how bad NQ is at managing player expectations and generally how little they interact with the community. We all get it, they can't share detailed roadmaps with dates, but they can share the general direction and they *need to*, otherwise the only conclusion that can be drawn is that they have no direction or goals.

Edited by Yoarii

18 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Yep, pets and glam, schematics? ores? STU?

Schematics are fine, they are even adding talents to the system...

Ores are fine.

STU, if you are talking about the Sanctuary Territory Units, they have been fixing that manually for the last month (from what I understood from Deckard during the stream). I do not expect a systematic 'fix' for that as those only are given out once (unless they intend to change that), so manually fixing those would probably be the most efficient use of resources. They are still fixing it, with a release date for 1.1 of December at the earliest, I expect that the STU issues will be resolved way before 1.1 releases...

You might not like Schematics and Ore distribution, but it looks like these are not changing, no matter how hard people cry. The markets say way more then crying player could ever say. Prices are good all over!

3 hours ago, Cergorach said:

The markets say way more then crying player could ever say. Prices are good all over!

Most of the markets are empty, maybe market 6 has stuff but in beta stuff was everywhere.

But please prove me wrong and show me teritorial scanners or TU on all 1 to 10 markets sanc,haven,alioth or something else that a bot does not sell, and needs schematics to craft.

For me its rather simple, using a headline like the future of DU implies something of a roadmap or atleast a longer timeline then what was shown.

The title line draws me to this thread,

Had a moment yesterday, the scenery overall could be improved more trees and foliage maybe even wildlife, but that will come with future patches.

But, walking over a hilltop and viewing a valley with a major market on the opposite hill. a few personalized structures were dotting the landscape.  What will this look like in a few years as we continue to build and populate?

The potential!

3 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Most of the markets are empty, maybe market 6 has stuff but in beta stuff was everywhere.

But please prove me wrong and show me teritorial scanners or TU on all 1 to 10 markets sanc,haven,alioth or something else that a bot does not sell, and needs schematics to craft.

For me its rather simple, using a headline like the future of DU implies something of a roadmap or atleast a longer timeline then what was shown.

So after the first month of beta there were Territory Scanners at 10 different markets? I wouldn't dare put my hand into a fire, but I'm calling BS! They are now available at 8 different markets...

I am afraid you misread my intent. but well to be honest there were no schematics at the start of beta and the people i worked with had al kinds of high level stuff build within no time, team work and sacrifice made it happen.

schematics these days did more to the game as the only time and cash sink and its fine by me if lovers want to just embrace them, doesnt make a difference to what the outcome is from the installment of schematics.

DU has alot of potential so does communication. Also has a lot of potential, you just need to Us that potential and let it flow freely, dont put blockades in it, add limitations, just flow, works perfect for communication and potential in general, to get the most out of any potential you need to give it room to grow, nourish it, feed it, love it. and not hold it back, dont limit it, dont without what it needs to grow.

Feel fee to call BS, that was not the intent prio 0.23 the sky was not even the limit as there were non except maybe the pending pending pending ;)

Sorry if I in anyway offended you

On 10/27/2022 at 11:46 PM, Pleione said:

See it going one of two ways:

1) We are all at talent level 0 now, and schematics will simply be makeable 5% faster per level of talent.

2) We are at level 5 now, and everyone will be set at level 0.  Schematics will take longer to make than they do now.

Variation:  Cost to make may be affected as well.

Yeah, this has the ring of reality to it.  Based on past experience:

- schematics will be a lot harder to make than they are now

- schematics will be a lot more expensive to make than now

- with max skills (which take a long time) schematics will end up being a bit harder and a bit more expensive than they are now

with them hoping that this will stimulate demand for people selling schematics on the market but with the actual end result being that only alts are viable for schematic research (because mains can't afford the time to train the skills) and people doing industry continue to use alt farms for this.

7 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

When are we getting a 3rd person view though?

C'mon NQ this is a role-playing game.  Lemme see how cool i look.

Oh god!  Becareful what you ask for here.  It's bad enough that the highly important dev time during early months of the game is wasted on the sort of innane useless trash it has been.  We don't want to get another 'roadmap' in march where 'third person view' is the new titanic-deckchair-rearrangement feature and the important things are yet again untouched.

8 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

we got purple voxels didnt we?

Yes, but it's just shy of all out war for the resources just to craft the purple and/or glowing voxels and those are on the lowest tier of materials for ships going out into the depths of space.  If you want a T3 or higher element then you're either fighting someone or paying the forwarded cost of PvP in the market.

What the future of Dual Universe hold for me?

well lets see....

1st im gonna save some money on alt accounts.

2nd im gonna have to try out different game loops to see if there is some hidden gem in the game i have missed.

3rd if 2nd does not come out positive before main account runs out of time, then save some more money on main account 🤪

and a distant 4th must be to see if i can get greeted by shams on stream, i feel left out, probably the only du player no personaly greeted in the streem 🤣