Check how many schematics left in industry

Pragna

9 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

This is true, too. But then the megafactories would kill the servers. If they aren't already.

is this our problem? Feels like bad game/server design and should have been adressed years and years ago as they very well knew what they promoted during kickstarter. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

is this our problem? Feels like bad game/server design and should have been adressed years and years ago as they very well knew what they promoted during kickstarter. 

Promises bind only thoses who believe on them.

Since the kickstarter the game has evolved. NQ has encounter many pb which are not compatible with promises and a viable game technically and financially.

Stop crying about they irrealistic promises. I know it's hard but this is how works kickstarter. Some things works. Others don't works. 
If you are angry, make a call to JC and ask him why he did these promises without to know if it possible or not (technically and financially).

Schematics are good to limit megafactories. If you don't like them don't make an industry. and go buy to others players what you need. Many industrialists don't have any problems with the new schematics mecanic.

3 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Only inasmuch as it affects what the devs do and how the game runs... I agree with your assessment that there have been some... suboptimal design choices. I'm not privy to their full tech specs and inside thinking, but the "tick time" on Industry seems to be just way too fast. Reducing the frequency they assess the progress of (unobserved) Indy would go a long way to reducing the load the servers have to sustain, for example, but no, they decided that busywork for the player was the way to go.

5 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Nope, Schematics should be deleted from the gameconcept, the update is not working and drives players away from the game.

Schematics, as they are now, are tedious, but there needs to be something consumable. The current schematic system is better than what it was.

13 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:
15 hours ago, Doombad said:

The current schematic system is better than what it was

Maybe it could be better in theory. But the way it is implemented makes it much worse.

A matter of taste, I guess. 0.23 definitely drove a lot of players out of the game instantly, with its instant, up front demands for large quantities of cash to even start processing in a factory. Current implementation is, to my mind, vastly "better", but still "very bad". I'm grudgingly willing, and, importantly able to engage with the schematics system as it stands; that wasn't the case when schematics first appeared. So I agree more with Doombad than with your assessment.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:43 AM, Pragna said:

HI

Ist it possible to monitoring with lua script how many schematics left in a machine (industry)?

No, because of that.

• [Lua] The industry getInfo function field, schematicsRemaining, does not return a value until you request an acquisition from the schematic bank.

https://www.dualuniverse.game/launcher/patch/release-1010

Once this bug will be fixed, we will be able to know the remaining schematics of each unit via Lua.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:16 AM, Kezzle said:

A matter of taste, I guess. 0.23 definitely drove a lot of players out of the game instantly, with its instant, up front demands for large quantities of cash to even start processing in a factory.

The demand for large quatities of cash resulted from the existence of large factories. I can't see how that could be a problem after the wipe. At release there was no industry at all and getting the schematics would just have been part of building up the industry.

The major problem with the current system is the handling that has not been changed since 0.23. Manually checking for missing schematics and placing them into individual industries is no problem if we need to do that only once. But with schematics that get consumed like resources this is simply not acceptable. By changing the schematics system without changing industries accordingly, NQ made it much worse than before. In the early game you might think this is not a problem but if you go for industry gameplay you will see how it turns into a never ending nightmare.

Unfortunately this will not change becasue NQ is not willing or able to change it - maybe because they do not have the manpower or because the codebase is a hot steamy mess or just because they like to punish players. In the best case they will do some minor adjustments. But even that is very unlikely.

well, best thing is that stuff you can make in your backpack needs schematics in indystry, this results in monstrous lists in the backpack crafting overnight and that still is more efficient then this madeup system, this weekend i crafted 170 large windows and 100 sliding doors in the nanopack as its far simpler then the alternative...and reduces the cost by alot