Mission Running - Quanta Explosion again

Honvik

Firstly I know it works both ways between factions but did NQ learn from the vast Quanta they can bring in?  There are people literally making 50-60m per day.  Yes they have alts and a system is in place so they can work out XYZ on optimising the route/packages.  Whilst it is rarer to get the same 'special mission' it still happens and of course you can work out so similar packages from AtoB.  Throw in 2 SU radar range the risk/reward comparable to physically mining is none existant.  Thus we are pushing again so early on to billionaires once again.  I kinda had hope NQ worked this out but seems sadly not!

So now better to go missions as less risk than heading to an asteroid as an asteroid your on a fixed point for while mining so constantly in a risk.  Alternative is more ways to track things in wider space is much needed!

Honvik

(note i've not yet started missions except on alioth)

16 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

I suspect that NQ is not greatly upset about players paying 50 subs to have enough alts to stack lucrative missions. That might even be key their business plan.

Perhaps but even in my org people can join one mission hauler and earn a lot of quanta.  Yep my toon will be out of action for a bit but still easy quanta overall for little risk.

7 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

I suspect that NQ is not greatly upset about players paying 50 subs to have enough alts to stack lucrative missions. That might even be key their business plan.

They might be more upset when those accounts are able to self-fund using DAC and permanently play for free at the expense of non-mission-runners not being able to afford to buy DAC for quanta.

Luckily this time we also have calibration-only mining generating huge piles of ore.  People are making a similar value per day doing that.  If we're lucky the two might cancel out and prevent both the crazy broken inflation we saw last time mission runners were making too much money and the ore price crash which came late in beta when automining generated too much ore.

Mission runners generating too much money and buying the too much ore generated by calibrations.

15 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

They might be more upset when those accounts are able to self-fund using DAC and permanently play for free at the expense of non-mission-runners not being able to afford to buy DAC for quanta.

Well, the number of DAC is finite atm. Presumably in the future it will be possible to buy DAC from NQ for cash. Then buying DAC for quanta is still not a problem because the DAC itself represents cash input.

38 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Well, the number of DAC is finite atm. Presumably in the future it will be possible to buy DAC from NQ for cash. Then buying DAC for quanta is still not a problem because the DAC itself represents cash input.

When people start to quit the game because they don't want to pay subs, were planning on grinding quanta for DAC but can't keep up with the mission runners it might seem like more of a problem.

Is it probably too much? Yeah. Can you fix it now? No. If you fix it now you just close the door behind everyone who already benefitted from it, and you no longer have the option to wipe to remove the divide. The reality is the game now needs to be balanced around this income, and underperforming missions need to be brought up to be similar to the most popular.

23 hours ago, Honvik said:

Perhaps but even in my org people can join one mission hauler and earn a lot of quanta.  Yep my toon will be out of action for a bit but still easy quanta overall for little risk.

What’s wrong with this?

This takes time, planning, investment, and working together. It checks a lot of boxes.

sandbox game with artificial cash through NPC bogus missions.......

If This is the adventure in DU, we have a problem......And if this is the way to get cash and what makes the economy work we have an even bigger problem

I had a look at these over the last few days and I think the removal of planets and resulting mission changes have undermined the mission nerf which was done to stop large scale mission 'abuse'.  In the beta the 10 mission routes didn't really line up and your character would usually get 1 of these long missions so if you had 10 characters you wouldn't get many duplicate routes.

In the release game, though, there are essentially 3 'areas' for long-haul missions -- Jago, Teoma and 'the safe zone'.   The long 'Teoma to Jago' route doesn't seem to be used much in missions (I'm told it is used but have never seen one on the live server) .  So you effectively have 2 loops from safe->Jago/Teoma->safe.  From experiments over the last few days it seems that most of the time a character will have one long mission on one of the two loops.  They won't all be on the same out/return and they won't all be to/from the same safezone planet but none of that really matters because they share the same long trip through the PvP zone and that's the challenge of the mission, right?

So if I have 10 alts, I can plan to run a loop from safe->jago->safe and the chances are I will get 5 of the largest packages to haul.  Some out and some return.  With a typical payout being 6-7 mil I can get 30 mil just for running these packages.  No complex organisation, no co-ordination with other players, just me and my alts flying a loop to Jago and back once a day.  That will, at current prices, buy me 3 DACs. 

Then I can do this for a week.  Now I have about 20 DAC.  Not only did I just pay for my 10 alts for a whole month, I made enough for another 10 alts.  Now I can run 10 packages over that loop and make 60 mil per day (as the OP suggests..  But there's no reason to stop there!  I can just keep on adding alts and buying DAC until it becomes really expensive and hard to get hold of.  With each toon making an average of 3 mil per day I could pay well over 50 mil for each DAC and still be making silly money like this.

Time to stop the calibrations and build me a big fat mission ship!

59 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

I can get 30 mil just for running these packages.  No complex organisation, no co-ordination with other players, just me and my alts flying a loop to Jago and back once a day.  That will, at current prices, buy me 3 DACs. 

Is DAC trading already possible? 

Where I can find that "current pricing" you are referring to?

And how I can sell my DACs?

26 minutes ago, kulkija said:

Is DAC trading already possible? 

Where I can find that "current pricing" you are referring to?

And how I can sell my DACs?

Try the 'commodities' channel in the official discord.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:52 PM, Doombad said:

What’s wrong with this?

This takes time, planning, investment, and working together. It checks a lot of boxes.

Little to no risk.  Thus easy quanta as Radar limited to 2 SU range

12 hours ago, Cergorach said:

We now have something we didn't have during beta: One use Schematics. I spend about 2 million quanta per day per account on Schematics. And not even talking about taxes on tiles...

It seems that in December they will add skill branches for schemes. Perhaps it will be easier. But without any date banks for distribution schemes, it's still a pain....

Easy fix: Increase radar range by an element that only goes into L core ships and works only in PvP space so you can see 200 su distance the pvp players will take care that its not too easy to fly missions anymore by then.