NQ far too quiet.

Honvik

Is it me or is NQ so unusually quiet both in discord and announcements?  This week a month of release will hit and to be fair the majority of MMO's I've played always showcase a 'whats coming' to entice people to re-sub and get excited about.  We've seen nothing from NQ and its ashame to be honest.  Add in that nothing major in updates has happened in sometime its a little concerning overall.

So NQ whats going down ? :) let us know something to get the hook in!

Honvik

Leader of the Dominion

they are doing an announcement this week and the first of the 2nd season of Ask Aphelia Podcasts is also due this week

maybe they just to busy making those 2 new planet re-do's.

but yes they have been quiet. ;/

2 hours ago, cerveau said:

they are doing an announcement this week and the first of the 2nd season of Ask Aphelia Podcasts is also due this week

maybe they just to busy making those 2 new planet re-do's.

but yes they have been quiet. ;/

usually it’s not the developers themselves facing the customers. But I guess NQ has only a skeleton staff. Purely conjecture, but it seems that way. 

I would have expected more communications around the launch and everything, usually you see alot of glorious communications when a game launches and then on day 1,5,10, blabla.

I just think the work on finding the missing STU takes up all the time, almost a month now so someone hid them very well!

Usually, when they are silent with a direct question, this means some kind of deception. I don't blame. But there is no roadmap, there is no feedback on where or what the game is moving towards in the long run of six months or a year. This brings to mind the fear of publishing such things and the non-renewal of the subscription by many who still play. Too expensive to pay 14 euros per month for waiting. Just my morning nonsense.

Good point, well its true though, im not going to spend additional DAC or cash before either we get intell or the STU issue is resolved. Basic base is placed, talents lined up for a year or so, there is time to just fly off into space and hope that at return they placed a solarsystem right where  i went too ;)

But i rather just spent the cash or DAC for another month so hoping for some decent intell

Guess they avoid interactions with us and can't take criticism/feedback. Why I am saying this?:

Every few weeks  a NQ-employee is sticking out his head and interacting with the players (discord), receives backslashes and starts to ghost the players again.

And I guess they learned we would use their words after month or years against them..

I had a look at how many players were actually playing on Steam 792 which was all time peak 555 within last 24hrs and as of right now 198. When I used to log on at this time that number was in the 500s. They are not making it easy for people I know that much.

For a subscription game I would expect better from a dev team, it has potential but it has been going for 6yrs or so and would have expected more from the game to be honest. As many already know the schematic system killed it for me, I'm certainly not running to each machine putting them all in there.

I got my email today "it is time to renew your subscription" erm I don't think so, at least not at this moment in time. I hope they fix it, I still drop by here to see if anything changes but for now my time is spent in other games.

"we appreciate your patience"

If there is something that can make me really explode its just that.

Where in Godsname did i predefined i have patience with anything?  The same as with road construction signs, thanks for your patience.....Like i have a choice.

better would be: "We hope you still have patience else we are sorry we have messed with you too much and please minimize the repercussions"

or a poll with the message, a yes i have patience, b I lost my patience, c Just F.O. Already, d I would like to cancel my subscription now and based on this response please sent me all my cash back as due by european Law citizen rights and the digital market.

or something like that

3 hours ago, Koffye said:

Guess they avoid interactions with us and can't take criticism/feedback. Why I am saying this?:

Every few weeks  a NQ-employee is sticking out his head and interacting with the players (discord), receives backslashes and starts to ghost the players again.

And I guess they learned we would use their words after month or years against them..

I'm not going to teach the NQ guys how to make money and what to do with my product.
But so that people do not poke developers into their promises, roadmaps and planning are needed.
Then the answers of the developers will lie within the framework of the map and plans. Nothing will lead them astray. Even if for some reason there is a delay, the community will still wait. Because it will be albeit with a delay.
The lack of plans and roadmaps gives rise to uncertainty and thoughts that the entire project is a scam. After all, in addition to money (not very small for projects of this level), we spend a lot of our time. Hoping not to see in 2 months (like in Starbase) that we finish the updates and return to the project someday because we ran out of money...

1 hour ago, ColonkinYT said:

There are so many alpha testers here because we know how it used to be. And what we lost on the release. )))

Yup. Finally a great game without the added value of Players involved in development of DU

1 hour ago, ColonkinYT said:

And what we lost on the release

I lost nothing because I expected a wipe for launch before they told us no wipes during Beta and cemented once they did the first wipe during.  

3 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

TBH, I don't mind the quiet. Better than saying things they that can't/won't do... and nebulous platitudes like "we appreciate your patience", "this is one of our top priorities", and "soon™"

If they had more manpower I would expect at least a little more communication.  For the size of team they have I'd say they've pulled off a miracle to get this far.  I don't want to throw any stumbling blocks in their path but that would require we see a roadmap to know what their path is.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, Wyndle said:

I lost nothing because I expected a wipe for launch before they told us no wipes during Beta and cemented once they did the first wipe during.  

And where does wipe? We lost in gameplay.
You can try to prove the opposite to me, but the numbers online in Steam clearly show the trend. For many, today - tomorrow - in a week, a monthly subscription will end. This will be a significant and exciting period for NQ and for us...
I'm more and more inclined to believe that NQ was forced to release an unfinished game. It happens sometimes.

It happens sometimes but i think this will be a painfull monthend, well the 6 days free play might mask it so typical we will see it at the 3rth or so of the month. And indeed we lost so many features last year that the game does not even look like what we started beta (what was actuslly an alpha in everything but words).

Since the money once invested is long gone lets hope it sticks, but the next dac will only see daylight after some positive news, new features or STU deployment for All

I have two DACs remaining. If they haven't done something "Good" by the time they run out, I'll not be throwing any more good money after the initial "stake" I put down on my "bet" that NQ could produce something more than the overpolished tech demonstrator they currently have. I'm fairly happy that I've had my money's worth out of my backer package, but as it stands there really isn't anything that's going to persuade me to pay more.