Revamp of tile ores necessary?

PuPpEt

The apparent amount of T2+ ores on planets/moons seems seriously and extremely low and literally kill unit miners.

Basically all T2-T3 on Madis and Thades seems claimed, moons too; zero way for new players to grab a tile.

What do you think?

Edited by PuPpEt

2 hours ago, PuPpEt said:

Basically all T2-T3 on Madis and Thades seems claimed, moons too; zero way for new players to grab a tile.

If this is true then NQ has essentially killed the game for everyone. One of the intents of the server wipe was to ensure everyone started equally, this only ensures that those few orgs/individuals that were able to claim these tiles have an inordinate amount of power that didn't exist pre-wipe.

2 hours ago, Jinxed said:

NQ have made it clear by their behavior that they are averse to new players increasing the server load, so this comes as no surprise and should suit their business “strategy”

It is quite a strange business strategy to keep old players with DACs or even flatrates (Ruby and above) and scare the new paying players away.

4 hours ago, PuPpEt said:

Have you actually scanned Madis and Thades completely?

What about Jago and Teoma?

What about the other outer planets we're expecting over the next couple of months?

Why would a (new) player even need a T2-T3 tile? You can far more easily mine T1, sell that and buy your T2/T3 ore, especially for a new player that is the way to go imho.

There are almost 260k tiles on Alioth, no way that someone has scanned them all! Less then 15k tiles have been claimed, that's less then 6% of Alioth! Less then 4% has been claimed on Thades... Do some math and think how many man hours would have been spent scanning Alioth to scan it all, how many Territory scanners you would need, when in the last four weeks someone would have had access to one scanner, then two, three, etc.

260k tiles. 65k man hours for a complete scan. 1/3 scan pattern because hotspots and not random. 22,000 manhours. 

1000 players. Means 22 hours per player. 

not sure what point you were trying to make. Certainly within the realms of possibility. 

“less than 6% claimed.” What does this have to do with T2 or T3? If anything it’s already higher than the 0.3~0.5% ratio of T2 ores we’re hearing about. 

On 10/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, fusion94 said:

If this is true then NQ has essentially killed the game for everyone. One of the intents of the server wipe was to ensure everyone started equally, this only ensures that those few orgs/individuals that were able to claim these tiles have an inordinate amount of power that didn't exist pre-wipe.

and then only half the players got their STU, so yep you have a point

The gating of the community at T2 is insanely stupid. You're limiting virtually  everything players can do beyond the very basic. Unless, of course, you want to go crawling to the large orgs that have already staked out the very few T2 tiles available and purchase the ores from them at whatever price they feel like charging. The asteroids are fine, but as been mentioned several times before, the odds of acquiring one if you're a lone player  or a small org is akin to hitting the lottery. Over 100 scans on Madis' Moon, and not a single hit on a T2 resource. Almost 60 scans on Madis and there's been 1 hit (5L ph) on a T3 resource, and nothing on T2's. This is untenable. NQ has already gated players behind the time sink of talents and the money sink of schematics, none of which, by the way, in of of themselves are a bad thing. Annoying and frustrating at times maybe, but not game breaking. But to promise players can build and create anything they want, but to forget to put in the disclaimer *as long as you can afford to buy the material from the large orgs, buy and maintain the tiles, and continue to buy elements broken in pvp, or crashes, or etc....All while trying to farm enough T1's to sell the to the bots on the market in this 'player driven economy'** is a bit misleading. Again, as mentioned in other threads by other players, for NQ to constantly tell the community they will do something, or players will be able to do something, keep something, or create something, only to come back later and say...'gee,  sorry...we know we said "-----" but instead we're going to do "xxxx" is frustrating the first couple of times. But it's happened so much it's  more of a mantra now. It's no wonder there are a great many in the community that feels like NQ is just saying FU to the community. And to top everything off, now, unless you have  no further ambition than building a basic small ship or building with sodium or other T1 honeycomb, your life will suck because you won't be able to get T2 materials.

23 hours ago, Jinxed said:

260k tiles. 65k man hours for a complete scan. 1/3 scan pattern because hotspots and not random. 22,000 manhours. 

1000 players. Means 22 hours per player. 

not sure what point you were trying to make. Certainly within the realms of possibility. 

“less than 6% claimed.” What does this have to do with T2 or T3? If anything it’s already higher than the 0.3~0.5% ratio of T2 ores we’re hearing about. 

Optimistic! It might be right if all players share what they scanned so far each with other. otherwise it always 260K tiles for each of us less already taken tiles included Aphelia tiles.

23 hours ago, Memoti said:

unless you have  no further ambition than building a basic small ship or building with sodium or other T1 honeycomb, your life will suck because you won't be able to get T2 materials.

Why sodium, specifically?

On 10/25/2022 at 6:57 AM, Cergorach said:

Have you actually scanned Madis and Thades completely?

What about Jago and Teoma?

What about the other outer planets we're expecting over the next couple of months?

Why would a (new) player even need a T2-T3 tile? You can far more easily mine T1, sell that and buy your T2/T3 ore, especially for a new player that is the way to go imho.

There are almost 260k tiles on Alioth, no way that someone has scanned them all! Less then 15k tiles have been claimed, that's less then 6% of Alioth! Less then 4% has been claimed on Thades... Do some math and think how many man hours would have been spent scanning Alioth to scan it all, how many Territory scanners you would need, when in the last four weeks someone would have had access to one scanner, then two, three, etc.

Dude, your maths is way off. Because of the crazy system where T2+ spawns in clusters, you only need to scan every 3rd or 4th tile. Plus they nerfed the spawns and removed Malachite. Plus several orgs shared results to minimise rework. All the T2 on Alioth was found weeks ago. I did most of the northern ice cap on my own in 3 days (granted, without sleep.) 

On 10/25/2022 at 4:08 AM, fusion94 said:

TBF, ‘wipe’ crowd were fairly warned during beta, all they’d get if their wish came true was a minor shake-up in the orgs at the top of the pile, in exchange for losing everything. 

No I think it needs to stay as it is. It means that those who started early and spent days scanning for minerals are rewarded. These people have paid real world money to play the game for a longer period and so should receive the bonus of the ability to gain more. 

NQ should be very cafeful introducing more ores in new planets and should NOT alter what has already been done. I have had enough of wipes and altering the minerals is a form of mini-wipe.  

1 hour ago, FryingDoom said:

No I think it needs to stay as it is. It means that those who started early and spent days scanning for minerals are rewarded. These people have paid real world money to play the game for a longer period and so should receive the bonus of the ability to gain more. 

NQ should be very cafeful introducing more ores in new planets and should NOT alter what has already been done. I have had enough of wipes and altering the minerals is a form of mini-wipe.  

The only good reason for nerfing ore spawns so badly at launch compared to beta - minimal T2+ on Alioth, barely any surface T2+ off Sanctuary - is if they're already planning to add more new planets with better ore soon.

On 10/25/2022 at 10:10 PM, Memoti said:

The asteroids are fine, but as been mentioned several times before, the odds of acquiring one if you're a lone player  or a small org is akin to hitting the lottery.

The concept of the asteroids is fine, but the practical outcome is far from fine.  The safe spawns are drained of value before they move out of middle column and you have to be lucky to be heading in the direction of the spawn before it shows up on the list to beat the big orgs to it.   From a distance it looks like a colony of ants ripping apart a picnic.

4 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

The only good reason for nerfing ore spawns so badly at launch compared to beta - minimal T2+ on Alioth, barely any surface T2+ off Sanctuary - is if they're already planning to add more new planets with better ore soon.

Even adding back in the planets we had in Beta will not be nearly enough to support a vibrant economy with the way the heat maps are dispersed.  The resources are now easy for a single player to lock down in minutes once found.  And if NQ puts the other planets in with a significant amount more ore it will further skew the problem into the red zone.  IMO, the only viable solution from our current situation is multiple solar systems with various sizes of safe zones (including none).

5 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

That might be it, I have a feeling that for some stupid reason they are going to try and push PvP despite PvP being liked less than PvE as shown by WoW, Elite Dangerous, etc.. 

Personaly i like to play solo and have almost got my tri scanning ship built. Now i realise its a waste of time as the large orgs have already gobbled up everything. seems like my goal of finding a small t-2 or t-3 tile is gone. and i also read that asteroids are gone with 30 people on them within minutes. if this doesent change i will also be gone in a short time. plenty of other games that cater to soloers. 

i already tried the game before and quit when things went south. seems like i wont last even as long as last time. make a change or see us leave

We need another wipe and terrain reset. Some of those cretins that made ships and wrote Lua are still around. And they are sucking up all the ore. If there isn’t going to be any ore left for newbs to mine we need to keep releveling the playing field until there isn’t any advantage left.