--- Game Crashes Each Few Seconds To Minutes ---

Hirnsausen

PLEASE SHARE

While DU worked fine before, since the Mercury update, way back in July 2022, the game crashes constantly, often with only a few seconds or minutes of "gameplay" between the crashes. I know, that this is a serious problem that does not affect most of the DU players.

Already in July, the Novaquark team responded to my support ticket, that they have identified the cause of the many crashes, but that fixing it will be "hard".

Since that time, now even with paying money for a subscription so i don't lose all my talent points, I have a very limited and disturbed "gameplay" if this can still be called so. Even inside my own org, I am handled as an outsider since i cannot really participate in any of the things we do. I am losing ships in the air as i am falling down after restart and the fetch command can be used only 1x within 21 hours or so, I am losing cargo at an incredible rate, I am losing elements in an insane amount due all these crash-caused ship collisions with the ground or elsewhere, and of course I am losing huge amounts of time which other players can use to progress.

After waiting since July for their fix of the problem, I am feeling incredibly helpless and frustrated and unsupported and so I decided to become more public and also release a series of videos on various platforms that shows my DU gameplay. I also will start, since I am reviewing games for various platforms, to use my function and possibilities as curator to publish my game critics widely. I don't do that with the intent to limit the success of DU, but to (hopefully) apply some pressure on Novaquark to fix that terrible problem. After all, DU is the game I was hoping and waiting 30 years for. They just need to fix this bug.

On a side note: my computer system is quite a good one, the fault is not on my system: 32 GB RAM, Intel i7-6700 @ 2x 3.4Gh, 5 TB SSD, Nvidia Geforce 1650 4GB DDR5 RAM.

And all my other big, graphic and memory intensive games (like Green hell, Ark Survival Evolved, etc.) have absolutely no problems.

Here is my idea/suggestion:
Please fix this game bug.
As John F. Kennedy once said: "We don't do it because it's easy. We do it, because it's hard".

PLEASE SHAREimage.thumb.png.230f0639bb704bc39156d850428714fd.png

Edited by Hirnsausen

• Hirnsausen changed the title to --- Game Crashes Each Few Seconds To Minutes ---

I am standing in the middle of a high desert looking tile on Haven. I recovered from a 'network error' and found myself free falling from 1,000 meters altitude who knows where the ship I was flying went.  I survive the landing, now what? Let's use the FETCH command.  

Oh wait, I had just used that command to retrieve my vehicle because it had taken off after landing and was at an altitude the maneuver tool could not reach.  Another feature of DU?

In help chat. there were a number of players talking about these two issues This limitation, -- once every 24 hours -- on FETCH might need to be reviewed since I basically can do nothing for 24 hours.