Increase Core Speeds

This game is such a huge time sink, and I feel long term it's debilitating for the game base.  If I want to pvp zone asteroid mine, I have to set aside 5 to 8 hours depending on the distance. I know because the game is so new after release, warp supply chains aren't there, which is fine.  I'd like to see the scale of all core types max speed double (at least). Bump up the engines and brakes to scale as well. It just takes too dang long to get where you need to go, especially longer the distance.

I agree. In one hand the new balance system of max. speed and mass is interesting and have created new opportunities.

On the other hand i am not interested in a 7 hours mission trip. I dont see this as an amazing gameplay mechanic and in the meanwhile i have to play other games or watch videos.

1 hour ago, Koffye said:

meanwhile i have to play other games or watch videos.

The fact that this is even a thing show just how bad a design it is; you play games to have fun, not to do other things. Yes, space is big etc., etc., but this is a game. It is supposed to be entertaining and relaxing/exhilarating, not something you sit around and just wait for....or as is the case, do other things than playing the game.

AFK Flying for hours from planet A to planet B, where actual flying part is is condensed into few minutes for take off and to landing,

I can certainly use warp cells ( disregaring the fact i cannot use them flying npc missions, which are slowly becomming the only source of new quanta), the materials for which i need to afk fly hours to gather in bite sized servings, esentially meaning wasting hours doing nothing again, the only difference being me able to choose either when to release that accumulated wasted time  or sell my wasted time others.

But but there's so many other things you can do ...

Sure, i can build ships that are a nice sleeve to look at while flying afk, which matters little as i will probably spend most of the time tabbed to a different screen binge watching yet another tv show.  Yes i can play screen unit games while flying, but than i might just a well launch a random other game in much better quality outside of DU with much better controls.

But it's going to be so awesome when you reach a new planet ..

Yup, the planet B might have different terrain map, and a different texture pack but is just as empty as planet A where other than market terminals there nothing to interact with, nothing to explore besides endless scanning ( more binge watching, or calibrating MU's while binge watching even more)

But you can measure you skills against other players in PVP..

Yup i can finish half a season of Bosch Legacy till i get there, for an off chance there is someone out there shoot at, and finish the other half of season while flying around for materials to restock ammo after. Wonderful design, might as well skip the flying part, load up SC or EVE and do the pew pew in minutes while DU heats up my room in the background flying yet another NPC mission.

Well if you hate flying so much you can do industries,

Yup i sure can do a bit of waiting simulator there in between rewatching couple of seasons for TNG while afk  flying for schematics quanta.

DU has the most detailed voxel engine out there by fairly wide margin, but once the voxels placed and core bluprints are done, there's nothing 15buck one time purchase survival game from steam sale cannot do, and do it better. When you're "playing" DU you've gotta realize you're playing just more advanced version of Landmark and everything around that single loop is just a static noise in the background.

• 2 months later...

I agree in many ways but  I think landmark was better in many ways and if it came back I would be their and drop DU  building is similar   But  landmark building was better but I think they shred the same problems with thinking for ever tunnels was a good idea and diid not write a code two heal planets ending in nerfing mining  but at least landmark wanted you two get material and build and DU wants two make ore two build with hard two get  two make pvp a risk maybe one day they will find a way two please both builders and pvp but for now we all suffer why not only reduce flight speed when entering pvp battle why not just add big astroid belts if you don’t want planet  mining why not make planets regenerate from digging in a unclaimed area I think removing mining was a big mistake it encourages planet exploring why would I even go their now  but if that’s  no then why not have  big Asteroid belts that Circle planets with different ore types you then can use scanners two find mega asteroid  this whole idea of scanning constant two even find a asteroid is not fun