Do we really need the old planets back or is the game more buzzing?

Honvik

8 hours ago, Jinxed said:

The only buzzing I hear is that noise crickets make. Thades is all but deserted. 

Mone single planet might have been better given the current numbers. 

there are no longer enough players remaining in this game after the attrition that was the final release to support a vibrant economy outside of Alioth. 

Thades may not have much action but I'm seeing more AGG scanners around where my AGG scanner is running than I'd like.  The number of Alpha and Beta players compared to total population at 15 months will give a better feel for just how well the game is doing than current numbers.  Right now we're losing tons of people who saw near end Beta game footage and thought they'd walk into more than what was left after the wipe.  The real test is when all these 13+ month pre-paid players have to decide if they're willing to continue paying from that point forward.

14 hours ago, Wyndle said:

Thades may not have much action but I'm seeing more AGG scanners around where my AGG scanner is running than I'd like.  The number of Alpha and Beta players compared to total population at 15 months will give a better feel for just how well the game is doing than current numbers.  Right now we're losing tons of people who saw near end Beta game footage and thought they'd walk into more than what was left after the wipe.  The real test is when all these 13+ month pre-paid players have to decide if they're willing to continue paying from that point forward.

anti gravity generator scanners? You mean territory scanners, I think. 

well our former org had 50 players. Only five of us actually still play and three just want to build a little sanctuary base and be done with it while their DACs last and come back in a year or so. 

On 10/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, DannyUK said:

If the game was free to play I don't think many would criticise so much as you're not paying for it along the way - but to pay subscription at £10.49

ohh, I think they would complain as well, because you also have to bring in time not just the money

I have that kind of "free to play" you're looking for, but it hasn't such a big meaning to me considering all the time to invest for a bit more then a... fart in the void

I do read from some, you possibly need to scan 50 tiles to get a T2 node ! Now that's insane and definitely would make me terribly mad. Really mad. Really really mad. 

"free to play" - can not be the solution for NQ *IMO

I much more believe in a "reward/time=motivation" ratio failure to reanimate the game

.. at least for me

On 10/26/2022 at 9:59 PM, Jinxed said:

anti gravity generator scanners? You mean territory scanners, I think. 

well our former org had 50 players. Only five of us actually still play and three just want to build a little sanctuary base and be done with it while their DACs last and come back in a year or so. 

I condensed both terms into one as the ships have both AGG and three Territory Scanners.

I suspect the increase in grind has deterred many from continuing to play, some who pre-paid for longer periods even.  The ones who are on the fence currently will be dipping out after a couple of ship losses, more so if the ship is destroyed a few times while parked on a planet.

yep people came to build and grow. then went full speed into the grind, tried it for a few weeks, complained abit, were sloughtered by Fanmasters for their complaints, tried a few days again and left.

Best remark i have seen was that market 6 was so full of people you could not even park there and the market was booming. But thats just it, Market 6 always was booming so probably most peoples left flocked there and the other markets are deserted, scavanging was fun after the first week but this week it dried up and there is (almost) nothing left except some actives.

Giving advice on what will help is not even meaningfull anymore since its all ignored and the designated fanmasters will try to crush the discussions. All before November starts, must be another achievement! (gained 120 talents).

People tend to forget that complaining people actually care about something else they would just go and not complain. They actually hope it helps, but well Hope is nothing more than delayed disappointment a wise man once said.

After two years of beta... Have you not learned that no amount of complaining, cursing, helping, etc. will change anything to the way NQ runs the game or their business? Over those two years I've moved through all stages of grief and am now thoroughly stuck in 'Acceptance'... 😉

At this point the complaining and 'improvement' attempts by community members just isn't particularly useful to anyone really... Let's try to get everyone quickly through their grieving stages to acceptance. Those who cannot are doomed forever to roam the forum and... REDDIT! Oh the horror! 😉

That said, I'm still wondering if I'll still be around 'playing' (or should I say 'working') DU, come the new year? With this 'launch' I'm already playing less then during beta. I'm also seeing 'makers' in DU (of ships and LUA) just prioritizing DU a lot less then during beta, some have left already (again?)... The 'big' updates seem to be released slow and 'light' on new content. I'm doing the resource/quanta grind, but you'll eventually get burned out on that. Better hope you'll have some reserves ready before that happens...

On 10/21/2022 at 5:50 AM, huschhusch said:

English (Translator used)

I hope the planets will reappear in new star systems. In addition, you can then add planets that cannot be entered (gas giants, very hot metal planets).

This would make new game mechanics possible, such as gas and energy extraction in space (etc.).

Die Waldfee

This is a good idea. The original Helios system really had too many planets TBH. Moving some of them elsewhere would be a simple way to build the next system.

If this is done, either Teoma or Jago should go to the new system so there's a habitable planet there. (i.e., water, oxygenated air, reasonable temperature).

Without more planets the scanning game is done. New players that come along  will not be able to find anything but T1. Holding some of them back -while I doubt they intended this- allows newer players to get their bearings and learn about scanning before the vets have all the higher ore locked down.

1 hour ago, Hecticus said:

Without more planets the scanning game is done. New players that come along  will not be able to find anything but T1. Holding some of them back -while I doubt they intended this- allows newer players to get their bearings and learn about scanning before the vets have all the higher ore locked down.

As far as I can tell, T2 on planets is so rare that scanning is a waste of time anyway. Almost all of the high tier ore is coming from surface mining and asteroids, I think.

38 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

As far as I can tell, T2 on planets is so rare that scanning is a waste of time anyway. Almost all of the high tier ore is coming from surface mining and asteroids, I think.

Erm. Yes. Precious little ore on the outer planets, that’s correct. hear that people? Not even worth scanning for. Thanks for pointing that out.

11 hours ago, Hecticus said:

Erm. Yes. Precious little ore on the outer planets, that’s correct. hear that people? Not even worth scanning for. Thanks for pointing that out.

Very funny.  But it depends on worth.  If you’re willing to sink 15 hours (40 scans) into a “game” for zero actual reward, like we have done, then full power to you. 

I honestly don’t know why they didn’t just have more tiles with 5-50 liters of T2 on them and remove the calibration ore. 

Free calibration ore is a re… I mean… broken… game mechanic.

Oh, I’ve sunk a lot more than 15 hours into it. There are a bunch of people doing serious scanning out there and my point was that as limited as that ore is, once it’s all scanned that’s not an option anymore. Until more planets come out…

In the same amount of time I’ve spent scanning one planet this go round, (and I still don’t have everything I want there) I had locked down everything to build warp cells in beta. Daphne has a good point. -  except: asteroids were a also a shit show last I checked, and there is no T3/4 surface ore

We’ve spent a month in this game trying to get started up and at this point in time even lights are a luxury to be used sparingly… 

forget elevators, we just “build-mode” everywhere this time round. 

warp is literally a year away and we couldn’t afford the cells anyway. 

Now, if I thought the situation was going to get better as time passed and that higher tier resources would at least become partially accessible then I’d not worry. 

but the fact is the high tier stuff is pretty much locked down after only five weeks and the status quo is already set. 

What is left to do in this game?

Thades is all but deserted. Seeing another player not from our post 0.23/release, now-single-digits-remaining-dregs of our original org is a treasured experience. 

very poor showing for a game that has literally “just been released” (lol). 

So as for regarding the OP, Feli would make no difference to me/us because dividing zero players by even 100 planets still remains zero And the chance of finding any or before anyone else would be vanishingly small.

50k per elevator is nothing to sneeze at... Yikes...
Our whole 30 square kilometer Madis base, pre wipe was crisscrossed by a connected network of hundreds of elevators.

I doubt we will ever be back to that stage again.

The fact that we will be forever limited to a lesser experience than in the beta makes me sad.

As I mentioned earlier, even with just 5 planets, this game is surprisingly devoid of people. eight, thirteen, one hundred planets will make very little difference to the overall experience.

Still, one exciting thing happened to me recently; I just started my third playthough of Cyberpunk 2077. The 1.6 update has been very welcome.