Industry Status HUD AR [Update v1.3!!!]

CodeInfused

1953603188_Screenshot(791).thumb.png.a7dba283ebc847943d4abf15a515ca84.png

Added a new augmented reality HUD for tracking the output and states of your factory's industry machines. This display is free forever, and simple to set up (you just need a programming board element).

The display can filter the view by status type, and you can filter with search keywords.. industry unit types or output product names (partial searches work). For more info, demo video here:

5 hours ago, Jinxed said:

how is this even possible? I can't even....

wow! I'm gonna have to download this and check it out.

The magic of Lua :) You should also check out the AR Damage Report by Koruzarius, similar concept to this (and the inspiration for this project), but shows all the damaged elements on your ship in AR.

5 hours ago, Thunderblaze said:

This is really awesome, great job man. Got one request that would save a lot of resources....any way to highlight infinite run machines that may not be intentional? :)

Oh, this is an awesome idea.

https://tinyurl.com/indyhud

IndyHUD v1.2 Major Update
## Changelog
## v1.2

- FIXED: initialization load bug for larger factories
- Improved position of status box
- Improved render performance when maxDist is lower and filters are applied
- Reduced hover hitbox of distant units
- Increased overall opacity
- Added visual distance scaling of mini-boxes
- Added recipe data to status detail view (optional)
- Added containers to machine list (optional)
- Added font size option (in Parameters)
- Added opacity distance option (in Parameters)
- Added hotkey to reload machines and location data

well done!

some credit would have been apreciated aswell

one thing i would add, is constant display of container names
when expanding industry and adding machines and containers, its just necessary for easy linking from far, specially for ppl doing 1 item per container

8 minutes ago, Jeronimo said:

well done!

some credit would have been apreciated aswell

one thing i would add, is constant display of container names
when expanding industry and adding machines and containers, its just necessary for easy linking from far, specially for ppl doing 1 item per container

Hi! I've heard you had one, but I haven't found it. I saw on a stream the one at Hadron (is that yours?) and thought this looked like a fun project for me to tackle in my own style. For names, you can hover over the box and it'll expand to the name (perhaps not as convenient as always showing). I'll play around with a setting for "always showing" in the next update.

2 hours ago, CodeInfused said:

Hi! I've heard you had one, but I haven't found it. I saw on a stream the one at Hadron (is that yours?) and thought this looked like a fun project for me to tackle in my own style. For names, you can hover over the box and it'll expand to the name (perhaps not as convenient as always showing). I'll play around with a setting for "always showing" in the next update.

To prepare for the LUA fix -- would you be able to reserve/implement a shortcut for schematic < X number entered too please as a find function against the schematic count returned? :)  

4 hours ago, CodeInfused said:

i had posted 2 weeks ago multiple versions on the official lua channel and construct gallery, hoping someone like you, would make it better.

AR is defenitly the way to go for industry, just sucks that NQ cant give us properly working functions even after release

talking about containers, beside having names, i did add a magnifier for far away ones, which will increase the font size when hover mouse over the containers
also have an other display option, by floors height, where only markers at same floor you are at will appear

I really like your AR version.

I am using a "NQ" like Gui with arrow that lead to the unit when selected.
In beta the script was handling 7000+ unit without any overload. It's design to control all units but it's a pain to link all of them to a PB, so for now I am using it only as a information display.

Screenshot_26.png

In theory this script can handle 7000+ units in the construct. There are some scaling caveats of course. Data fetching is slower with more units to read. And depending on how tightly packed the area is, and what you set your config MaxDest option to; the AR render might be laggy. But the largest test I've run on so far was around 2k elements.

14 hours ago, Pragna said:

is it possible to check the schematics left in machines?

This is already included in the HUD... however, that API function doesn't truly work at the moment. It's listed in NQ's "known bugs" updates, so hopefully that means they can resolve it soon. Then this HUD will already be pulling that data.

IndyHUD 1.3, now has DE and FR translations (Lua Parameters) thanks to @Ikara2184 and @EliasVilld 

### v1.3
- Added DE and FR language translations for menus and machine states
- Added a 3rd mode for Containers, "full" shows all names within range (screenshot 1)
- Added a corner highlight on machines that are set to "run forever" (screenshot 2)
- Improved the foreground highlight of boxes being hovered on
- Improved maintain levels when pending
- Improved max machine load (no limit found yet)
- Minor performance improvements

https://github.com/codeinfused/Indy-Hud

3rd mode of SHIFT+G

Screenshot (835).png

Indicator for machines set to "always run"

Screenshot (836).png

• CodeInfused changed the title to Industry Status HUD AR [Update v1.3!!!]