When do we get BP snapping?

Megabosslord

• Megabosslord changed the title to When do we get BP snapping?

Same video Deckard had said "Not ready for launch." when referencing other features. And IMHO those 4 words shouldn't be next together in any fashion during your games launch announcement. 

We know the game wasn't ready for launch, the devs know it wasn't ready despite the cognitive dissonance brought on by management forcing a launch and stating it was ready. 

And announcing a feature during your launch announcement for launch... and then quietly stating in a post it won't be ready for launch before... launch, while also stating its ready for launch. Sorta set the tone for me going into launch. 

Assuming NQ won't talk about any new features till they're ready for release at this point to avoid the creation of expectations that they could potentially fail to meet.

With more funding and a larger team with a more diverse skill set and this game can still be amazing. I just hope NQ and management can dig deep to give it the resources needed to be what it can be with the right TLC. 

They are already snapping together. Tried that yesterday. I put down two mining outposts next to each other. And when you align the borders , then suddenly they snap perfectly together. The mechanism works differently than expected. Its not like you can place one construct on top of the other and then move with cursor keys. No. Instead you have to carefully align the borders manually, and when they are close, they snap.

Edited by Ninator

On 10/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, Ninator said:

They are already snapping together. Tried that yesterday. I put down two mining outposts next to each other. And when you align the borders , then suddenly they snap perfectly together. The mechanism works differently than expected. Its not like you can place one construct on top of the other and then move with cursor keys. No. Instead you have to carefully align the borders manually, and when they are close, they snap.

Nope. Look closer. It's possible to get so close on a XS core it looks okay at first, but it's not. On a larger core the alignment is harder, and the misalignment multiplied by the projection angle leaving cracks in walls, floors and ceilings: 

[EDIT: Don't make me show you a L core. We never got 'quick destruct' either, meaning they're a pain in the neck to tear down.]

On 10/17/2022 at 4:58 AM, Zeddrick said:

Upvote.  I have some things I want to deploy which need this.

I know rite. My whole store I spent 3 mths building ready for launch is basically bricked. I'm sitting on my hands now waiting for them to keep this promise. 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:03 PM, Koffye said:

delivery "very soon"

Sadly, for all my beta customers asking when my store will be back up, I can't just say "very soon".

(PSA: Anyone looking to buy my stuff again, the store will go up when NQ fix BP snapping - so you'd have to ask them.)

19 hours ago, Mortlath said:

You could copy & paste the voxels into position. 

Have you tried that with a L core? Cos of max select area you have to do ~50 copypastas to copy a single L core. I already did that to build the base in the first place. That’s what took 3 mths. 7x7 cores x 50 cut-and-pastes with travel time between = 2,450 copypasta. For my space station I had to copy-paste from a static core template which meant a VR jump and reload screen between every copypasta so that took even longer. TBH, if NQ hadn’t finally agreed to fix BP snapping (after 3 yrs of asking) I’d prolly have quit the game for wiping all that work when they said at beta launch they wouldn’t.