NQ Hates Safe zone asteroid miners!

Eviltek2099

On 10/14/2022 at 6:59 PM, eviltek2099 said:

ok, Just tried and after mining a hour We got found and lost the ship! It was a mugging! NOT PVP just a drive by taking of my ship! 

So you have the wrong settings on your ship and you were mining for an hour without watching your surroundings and didn't stop to think "Huh maybe I should head back every 20-30 minutes to be sure I have a chance of keeping what I mined". Yet you're going to blame the game for not allowing you to solo end game ores all day that was setup to be group game play? Talk about needing your hand held... Whiny carebears destroy games far more then improve them, look at New World xD Was once a decent PvP game in beta but became a dumpster fire after the carebear army cried the game didn't hold their hand to get all the end game goodies with zero risk in a PVP game.

Make some friends, don't go out alone, 1 hauler ship rest fighters, split profit, don't get greedy staying to long, repeat. This is a pvp MMO for crying out loud, I am sure once the player base grows to support a larger safe zone it will happen but I'm sure the ores will move as well. This isn't Eve online where you have 100 or more 0.5+sec systems to float around in, if one player could amass the amount of ore a player could in eve here the market would tank and t5 ore would be worth 10h at best.... Think of the life of the game, instead of your short term wallet gains.

1 hour ago, Underhand Aerial said:

Aren't you the bad guys who shoot miners and get their ore? ^^ Boo = Pirates / Griefers = Bad Guys ? :D 

BOO? Pirates? We would never. How dare you say such things about us?

2 hours ago, Underhand Aerial said:

... = Pirates / Griefers = ...

Equating Piracy with Griefing is a common mistake. Not saying it's you making it, UA, but it's probably worth reminding the thread that they're distinctly different things, since you brought it up.

So far all replies assume I want to PVP 🤮 All I want to do is build ships/Bases and program in Lua but to do these things I need ore. This first come first serve safe zone asteroid mining is what I'm mad about! Too many people and not enough asteroids! AND many of the people I've seen are known PVP'ers! What the hell! Just saying it was much more relaxing to get off work and do some astromining to get mats to build. 

There needs to be separation between PVP mats and general building mats. Give the PVP'ers more reasons to be mining their roids and leave us "Carebears" alone to play in our sandbox!

1 hour ago, eviltek2099 said:

So far all replies assume I want to PVP 🤮 All I want to do is build ships/Bases and program in Lua but to do these things I need ore. This first come first serve safe zone asteroid mining is what I'm mad about! Too many people and not enough asteroids! AND many of the people I've seen are known PVP'ers! What the hell! Just saying it was much more relaxing to get off work and do some astromining to get mats to build. 

There needs to be separation between PVP mats and general building mats. Give the PVP'ers more reasons to be mining their roids and leave us "Carebears" alone to play in our sandbox!

No reward without risk. Join an Org with a strong hand and sadistic killers. 

It takes 6 to 8 hours to fly there and back, but I mine pvp asteroids.  I won't explain my tactics here, but there are tactics to avoid being killed.  They're never sure proof, but risk can be mitigated.  You do NOT want to disenfranchise the PvP'ers. They are the ONLY real sink of elements in the game, with crashing ships coming in next.  If industrialists can just create and create and create with no element sink, it's a lost cause and play style.  Second, it's ok to buy ore.  You don't have to mine everything.  I know it's expensive.  Put that cost back into your parts if you have to.

21 hours ago, eviltek2099 said:

So far all replies assume I want to PVP 🤮

No they don't.

What you assume is that in an MMO you can do all content without player interaction, there's a huge flaw in that! Yes, there's an issue with Alien Goo at Alien stations, but that's not what you're talking about. You want ore? Buy it, pick it up (harvesting), auto mine it, asteroid mine it. Each has it's own 'gameplay' loop, you're only focusing on one loop you can't get to do on your own terms...

There are issues in DU, many, many issues! This is not one of them...

20 hours ago, Anderson Williams said:

No reward without risk. Join an Org with a strong hand and sadistic killers. 

You are probably talking about the risk when using a warp drive you fly to another planet in a pvp zone and clog yourself with tiles with T4 T5 ore and with the help of a mining unit you discharge yourself as much as you need? Where is the risk here? The reward is very visible))

On 10/14/2022 at 1:04 PM, eviltek2099 said:

I haven't posted a lot here but I feel the need to vent!
 It is nearly impossible to get valuable ores off of safe zone asteroids now due to the 20 or more players on each roid competing for the resources.

Only way to get them is to wait for one to NEWLY pop up in RUMOURED and be quick about getting there. NQ turned this into a waiting game followed by a race to the rock! Popping out one roid every hour is NOT a good way to limit ore. Please reconsider this change. It would be much better if 5 to 10 were released at a time so that it would thin the heard!
This is not fun and I have lost the will to even play. 

This is factually incorrect on several fronts. You could scan down an asteroid yourself. 

1 hour ago, Osyraa said:

This is factually incorrect on several fronts. You could scan down an asteroid yourself. 

I do and by time I get there even If I am hounding the scanner refreshing often I get there and there are at least 10 ships already there. I scan and have a script that aligns my ship and the ship has max speed of 37000 and going to roids close to where I am I still don't arrive first. Before we could scan and arrive to a roid and have some time alone to mine. now with so few its a bonanza on every one! I'll take what I get but its not relaxing mining anymore and I have to watch the scanner for hours just to get a chance of getting there before everything good is gone!

I always find it amusing when 'pirates' in this game talk about the need for others to face challenges while taking part in maybe the least challenging 'pvp' activity in all of gaming.  I don't put the blame on any particular group. It is all down to sht game design. 

If it wasn't for asteroids outside the safe zone, pvp game play would be almost pointless so giving the OP his wish would result in the destruction of the gameplay loop others enjoy.  Which hardly seems fair.  So once again, the fault is with NQ which is unable to implement pvp in any way that doesn't resemble big game hunting at a zoo. 

17 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

You are probably talking about the risk when using a warp drive you fly to another planet in a pvp zone and clog yourself with tiles with T4 T5 ore and with the help of a mining unit you discharge yourself as much as you need? Where is the risk here? The reward is very visible))

Where do you think that Material goes next? You think it materializes in the safezone?

And what happens when and if we get.. interdiction. :)

1 hour ago, Anderson Williams said:

Where do you think that Material goes next? You think it materializes in the safezone?

And what happens when and if we get.. interdiction.
:)

Oh yeah.
Let's get interdiction!
As well as getting a new star system, pvp atmosphere... And much more that should have been in 2021. ))Yes! I also forgot the energy))).
If there are interdictors, then let the Cloaking device be introduced! ))
And many many other fantasies... 😉

I understand that there is a lot of sarcasm. But I hope you understand that many things are promised to us for so long that they have already become a kind of gaming meme. And the game just before this "introduce" may not survive. Or plans change. Or they will change the owner or the road map again ...)))

6 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

Oh yeah.
Let's get interdiction!
As well as getting a new star system, pvp atmosphere... And much more that should have been in 2021. ))Yes! I also forgot the energy))).
If there are interdictors, then let the Cloaking device be introduced! ))
And many many other fantasies... 😉

I understand that there is a lot of sarcasm. But I hope you understand that many things are promised to us for so long that they have already become a kind of gaming meme. And the game just before this "introduce" may not survive. Or plans change. Or they will change the owner or the road map again ...)))

v0v NQ is doing the best they can, I elected not to be a whiney Karen complaining about what I don't have and be happy with what I have for as long as I have it. Is it perfect? No. Could it be better? Maybe. 

12 hours ago, Kruzer said:

I always find it amusing when 'pirates' in this game talk about the need for others to face challenges while taking part in maybe the least challenging 'pvp' activity in all of gaming.  I don't put the blame on any particular group. It is all down to sht game design. 

If it wasn't for asteroids outside the safe zone, pvp game play would be almost pointless so giving the OP his wish would result in the destruction of the gameplay loop others enjoy.  Which hardly seems fair.  So once again, the fault is with NQ which is unable to implement pvp in any way that doesn't resemble big game hunting at a zoo. 

A lot of people go out into the PvP zone and provide pirates with an easy kill.  Then they assume that PvP must be easy because it was easy for someone to kill *them*.

But just because you are bad at PvP doesn't mean that everyone else is too.  Not all pirates are friends, a lot of the time when you go out looking for a fight you find other PvP groups who will try to kill you. 

Often that's what people are hoping for.  Nobody will turn down an easy kill if you provide it but it doesn't mean all PvPers are gankers or doing something easy just because you did it badly.

18 hours ago, Anderson Williams said:

v0v NQ is doing the best they can, I elected not to be a whiney Karen complaining about what I don't have and be happy with what I have for as long as I have it. Is it perfect? No. Could it be better? Maybe. 

Use what is at hand and do not look for something else.
My sarcastic tone is simply due to the fact that there were too many promises.
And now I'm counting only on those mechanics that are.
I, too, would like a lot and differently. Unfortunately now even there is no road map. For example, I don’t understand what is being prepared for and what to expect at least for the next six months.
Unfortunately, guys with guns have nothing to do in this game. Although of course there are funny and interesting fights. )))

After the introduction of unit mining and the weird top speed, players and rivals are the only things I like about DU. Maybe that's why I'm still here. ))