Waiting for over 14 days on a STU.

Quillon

As a larger org, it is extremely detrimental to us that a large number of our members did not get the STU's. The extra territories we now have to claim and pay for T1 ore on Alioth could have been saved. Millions of quanta are being lost here because of NQ's incompetence. The many free ores would have given us a significant advantage at the beginning. If we get those things now, then sorry but we don't need them anymore. The places at the districts are gone, with it also the use of the Tiles. I request from NQ to put new districts on Sanctuary with the new STUs and compensation. Or do a rollback and wipe everything - wipe is the solution for all problems! At least until you realize that you do not eliminate all the bugs. (Duping, Linked Container Bug, Instant Scan etc.)

Still waiting on my STU too. It would have been a lot more useful at launch, but still useful now for some easy natron and rent-free mining units. More to the point though, NQs constant habit of promising things, not delivering, then just quietly hoping we’ll forget really has to stop. They did it with Demeter and the wipe. They’re doing it now with blueprint snapping and STUs. It’s gotten to the point we can’t believe anything they say - and no indication they intend to change.

Continuing to wait, not really sure why.

I know it sounds silly, but the inability to give any real response, particularly closing in on a month after promise date has killed whatever motivation I had to put time into DU after launch.

Once it does come, I'll drop it somewhere, probably let sub die and check back in a year or something.

I really don't get  why the delay.

They know who is who regarding pledges, backers, etc... since the rewards were delivered at launch.

They have the log of all inventory transactions from all players, hence how to know who got the STU or not.

It doesn't take that long to cross both.

On 10/13/2022 at 6:10 AM, Zeddrick said:

But your Haven tile is the same is it not?  And Haven is much more populated so you can actually buy things on the markets, whereas the limited availability of the STU means Sanctuary has very little activity so after that break you're miles away from a market.

Just jump on the shuttle two alioth I do it all the time  if you in district 6 it’s a easy and fast  depending if you need cargo ship  I was farther from a good market on haven then I am on Sanctuary

12 hours ago, Zireaa said:

Just jump on the shuttle two alioth I do it all the time  if you in district 6 it’s a easy and fast  depending if you need cargo ship  I was farther from a good market on haven then I am on Sanctuary

But is that because you got a good Sanctuary tile early on?  My haven tile is a 'front row' one directly next to a market.  If I had been given my STU at launch I could have had a good Sanctuary tile too, but now not so much.  It's true that you can get closer to the markets on Sanctuary now than on Haven but that assumes the player didn't claim any Haven tile early on.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, Jinxed said:

After skilling up in surface harvesting, I flew back to sanctuary and It took me 90 minutes to strip mine my hex. 
sold the ores to Aphelia (who else, ffs) for 2,000,000 ℏ and took the T2 back to Thades. 

there was about 3 or 4K of each T2 ore. I don’t even remember since it was such an inconsequential amount. 

The sky is still shitstain brown and the tile is now lifeless and dead. 

God forbid there be an atmosphere. 

Perhaps you should build on the tile like the game intends. Did NQ promise you a life-filled tile?

16 hours ago, Osyraa said:

God forbid there be an atmosphere. 

Perhaps you should build on the tile like the game intends. Did NQ promise you a life-filled tile?

No they promised nothing like that as such, really, apart from the best MMO building game and a society entirely designed, built and run by players allowing us to make our mark in the galaxy by playing whatever role we want, defined not by character class but by the choices we make...

LOL.

But I made a mistake in an earlier post... We had to strip mine 2 tiles to get 3~4k of T2 ore.  There is only 1.5k of T2 ore per tile. Only about enough to make 100m3 of luminescent glass...

Currently the only way we can even make Medium cores right now is by purchasing exorbitantly priced T2 at circa. 100 ℏ per litre because we were completely unable to discover any T2 tile by scanning...  So basically the mega orgs who scanned thousands of tiles and cornered the entire T2 market are set for life while the rest are basically stuffed.

But yeah, NQ's motto:  "Play whatever role you want... just don't expect it to be fun."

That unobtanium woulda been super handy in the first week. Its just sitting there. On the other side of a thin red line. Grrr:

FyvcJNQ.png

NQ should just put a bunch of STUs on the market for 5m ea already - with a buy limit of 1 per player. Then give all the Contributors who didn't get one on launch, the 5m. Cos inflation. That way those who missed out can choose to just keep the cash now, and other players who want to try Sanctuary can get in on the action. Problem solved.

9 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

That unobtanium woulda been super handy in the first week. Its just sitting there. On the other side of a thin red line. Grrr:

FyvcJNQ.png

NQ should just put a bunch of STUs on the market for 5m ea already - with a buy limit of 1 per player. Then give all the Contributors who didn't get one on launch, the 5m. Cos inflation. That way those who missed out can choose to just keep the cash now, and other players who want to try Sanctuary can get in on the action. Problem solved.

Nope this would open STU to all players and thats not the intend of the gift backers invested for in DU, even when its on the market for a billion it would not be in the spirit of the gift.

in 5 days it will be a month these people are waiting. Kinda disappointing

On 10/17/2022 at 5:34 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

They have the log of all inventory transactions from all players

Do they? I don't think so. They already admitted that they can't track where an STU comes from:

"However, we can't start giving STU individually as it would create another problem: the fix will not be able to detect if the already existing STUs on each account targeted are coming from packs which worked properly or if it has been added manually from the Customer Support."

It suggests that they tried to investigate the problem by checking if an STU is present on an account or not. In that case it would be no surprise that they didn't fix the problem. They couldn't distinguish whether an STU is missing because it has not been delivered or because the player transferred it to another account.

1 hour ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Do they? I don't think so. They already admitted that they can't track where an STU comes from:

"However, we can't start giving STU individually as it would create another problem: the fix will not be able to detect if the already existing STUs on each account targeted are coming from packs which worked properly or if it has been added manually from the Customer Support."

It suggests that they tried to investigate the problem by checking if an STU is present on an account or not. In that case it would be no surprise that they didn't fix the problem. They couldn't distinguish whether an STU is missing because it has not been delivered or because the player transferred it to another account.

Which shows their approach into making this game in general. We call this the "quick and dirty" way of doing things, as in: someone writes to them "Hey, I am a XY backer but I didn't get the STU!" -- and then one of the developers, whichever is "free" at that time, goes into the DB, searches for that Player and in the column "STU" puts a "1" or whatever - then writes to him "Hey, your STU is now in your inventory!". GRAND!
Except, there is no PLANNING beforehand for cases like this, like their post shows - because no one had a rule which determines that when you change something for a Player there should be some trace saved somewhere as to what, how and by whom that change was done -- I mean, FFS, it is just a bloody field in the DB - let's call it "STU source" - and then there they can put "support" -- this way they could now check all the players who haven't gotten an STU, cross-reference that with their Backer Status, and if STU_source = EMPTY, then put a "1" in field "STU" and also put "backer" in "STU_source" or something.

That is what even the freshest programmers in my company can do - and before they do it they are trained anyway to NOT do things in the "quick and dirty" way ....

I hope they realized, that they now can't just give us the STUs and it's done. They need a better way. Giving us 4 weeks later the STU is pretty useless, they need something for that.. (New Districts with Teleporters as idea)

But it's NQ, the chance that i hope wrong is high, pretty sure they don't have a guy who understand the db - nobody can check it.. Nobody has time.. Who cares about players.. (ok they do, but they are bad at it (showing it))

12 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

there is no PLANNING beforehand for cases like this, like their post shows - because no one had a rule which determines that when you change something for a Player there should be some trace saved somewhere as to what, how and by whom that change was done

It's not just changes for but also by players. Remember the schematic price disaster? With a log of all player transactions it would have been easy to fix it. But NQ did nothing. Back than I already assumed that they do not have such logs (most probably as a symptom of the chronic server power deficiency). The STU problem reinforces my suspicion. That would mean it's just a matter of time until they face a game braking problem that can't be handled because they have no corresponding processes or tools established. It's like the tip of the iceberg already is in sight when the Titanic just leaves the port.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, Maxim Kammerer said:

It's like the tip of the iceberg already is in sight when the Titanic just leaves the port.

It's like the tip of the iceberg already is in sight when the Titanic just leaves the port and still you manage to hit it with groundbreaking speed and sink with 100% casualties.

Fixed it for you.

A friend told me the DB issue long time ago but she may not log into the fora since so its plausible. Still since the issue was seen on day one, the proper moment to deal with it was; Prior to day one, i would expect test run to also test if all gifts sent ingame are actually sent.

But now i just hope it is fixed asap

I know after a month it has basically no value, but at this point, its principle for me.  Won't give this game my time again until what was promised is delivered.  Will continue to read forums etc to keep up on any changes, but yea.

See you next year maybe?

2 hours ago, CaptainKork said:

Just got my STU and the Kickstarter rewards with the last update. Check ingame u guys should have it too

That's just bonkers. Not that you have them; that's just "wot orter've 'appened anyways", but that NQ didn't trumpet this from the actual rooftops.

33 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

That's just bonkers. Not that you have them; that's just "wot orter've 'appened anyways", but that NQ didn't trumpet this from the actual rooftops.

Yeah i also expected some kind of announcement ahead of time, there isn't even a mention in the patch notes.

I've heard they sent out an email but not everyone (myself included) checks them on a regular basis.