Waiting for over 14 days on a STU.

Quillon

Just this.

I waited for atleast 14 days to place this post but seriously....

best lines are always: thank you for your patience.

But excuse me, where did i cross a box that i am waiting with patience? And is it too much effort to react to replies, you even tell me to ask more or not to hesitate.

But thats easy said if no reactions follow.

Please do not react with links or stuff like that, ETA or official update is however appreciated

2 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Would you even use it now?  Surely almost everyone will have moved off there by now and the whole moon is a graveyard?

Why not? It's tax free and the only place with Natron surface rocks so I hear

Anyways, yeah it sucks but whether we get interactions from devs or not doesn't change how long it's going to take so why bother

17 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Agreed.  It's an example of a problem which would have been best fixed at the time when it actually mattered.

If NQ is actually reading this, I'd take a DAC instead of mine ...

Me too!

If I should even have one. I just assumed I wasn't due one, though I got one at Beta-start due to having rushed to sub before the end of Alpha. Should I have been feeling hard-done-by this last couple of weeks? :)

8 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Me too!

If I should even have one. I just assumed I wasn't due one, though I got one at Beta-start due to having rushed to sub before the end of Alpha. Should I have been feeling hard-done-by this last couple of weeks? :)

This post has info on which founder/supporter packs were supposed to receive STU. 

To know how many STUs you should have, here's a quick recap:

Number of STUs per Founder Pack:
- Iron Founder Pack: 0
- Bronze Founder Pack: 0
- Silver Founder Pack: 1 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)
- Gold Founder Pack: 1 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)
- Sapphire Founder Pack: 2 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)
- Ruby Founder Pack: 2 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)
- Emerald Founder Pack: 2 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)
- Diamond Founder Pack: 2 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)
- Kyrium Founder Pack: 2 (gift granted at Supporter Packs launch)

Number of STUs per Supporter Pack:
- Contributor Pack: 1
- Sponsor Pack: 1
- Patron Pack: 2

5 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Would you even use it now?  Surely almost everyone will have moved off there by now and the whole moon is a graveyard?

Tax free 4 x 100+ ore pool? That's better than Haven. Also closer to Alioth and has a low-grav, airless moon nearby to base space-only vehicles. Yes. I would take it now even though it would have been more valuable earlier.

3 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Tax free 4 x 100+ ore pool? That's better than Haven. Also closer to Alioth and has a low-grav, airless moon nearby to base space-only vehicles. Yes. I would take it now even though it would have been more valuable earlier.

I still want mine also, for the same reasons. I was standing on a free tile within container range of a shuttle, at server start, then I realized my STU was missing. Now all of the premium tiles are claimed.

9 hours ago, Haunty said:

Why not? It's tax free and the only place with Natron surface rocks so I hear

Anyways, yeah it sucks but whether we get interactions from devs or not doesn't change how long it's going to take so why bother

After skilling up in surface harvesting, I flew back to sanctuary and It took me 90 minutes to strip mine my hex. 
sold the ores to Aphelia (who else, ffs) for 2,000,000 ℏ and took the T2 back to Thades. 

there was about 3 or 4K of each T2 ore. I don’t even remember since it was such an inconsequential amount. 

The sky is still shitstain brown and the tile is now lifeless and dead. 

The main advantage of STU in my eyes is that it doesn't erase the property in the tile when the subscription is inactive.

If I decide to leave or take a break, then it just won't disappear... (at least it was stated)

With all the other advantages, this opportunity is the main one for me!

3 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

The main advantage of STU in my eyes is that it doesn't erase the property in the tile when the subscription is inactive.

If I decide to leave or take a break, then it just won't disappear... (at least it was stated)

With all the other advantages, this opportunity is the main one for me!

But your Haven tile is the same is it not?  And Haven is much more populated so you can actually buy things on the markets, whereas the limited availability of the STU means Sanctuary has very little activity so after that break you're miles away from a market.

39 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

But your Haven tile is the same is it not?  And Haven is much more populated so you can actually buy things on the markets, whereas the limited availability of the STU means Sanctuary has very little activity so after that break you're miles away from a market.

I'm not sure if Heaven is the same. If they are similar, then what is the meaning of Sanctuary? After all, everyone is forcibly sent to start on Haven ...

7 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

I'm not sure if Heaven is the same. If they are similar, then what is the meaning of Sanctuary? After all, everyone is forcibly sent to start on Haven ...

Haven follows the same rules as Sanctuary. 

21 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

Are you sure about that? I know they said it wouldn’t be subject to pvp or taxes. A mate of mine said he saw gray boxes all over sanc during IAR.

1 hour ago, Hecticus said:

Are you sure about that? I know they said it wouldn’t be subject to pvp or taxes. A mate of mine said he saw gray boxes all over sanc during IAR.

Given how many times NQ's statements have changed, I'm not sure of anything. But at least what was stated in the beta was true.

21 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

I think STUs were conceived before Haven and the current "starting character package" of an S-core base plus a speeder was implemented. If I can take your mind back when Beta launched, your first destination after you'd retrieved the makings of your speeder from the stop-motion Hell of the Alioth District was the Sanctuary Moon, where you pitched your STU and started entirely from scratch, strip-mining your hex, picking up regenerating skittles while whittling screws in your pocket. Backer packages with multiple STUs would be able to claim multiple hexes on Day 1, For Great Mining and a flying start on everyone else (or sumfink).

Once Haven and the current starter package was implemented, and starter-planet resources chopped to "one lot of skittles" the "priviliege" of being allowed one or more Sanctuary tiles became somewhat diluted. Now it's just another place to put poor yield MUs, but at least you've a chance of being close to a Market for when you Surrogate in to manage the miners.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, ColonkinYT said:

I have been wondering the same actually.  There's no reason why haven couldn't have been renamed to sanctuary and the backers just given an extra STU or two.  It's not like they weren't already deleting whole planets.

I can't see any difference between the Haven tile I have now and the Sanctuary tile I had before.  Since fewer people can have a Sanctuary tile it will be less populated, markets will be less used, etc.  But does haven have the same guarantees of permanent asset safety when unsubscribed that sanctuary does?  Or might it be that in a year they might start reclaiming inactive haven tiles?