Hi all, 

I am a returning player since the game is officially out and wanted to know if there are outside tools out there to help me/others in designing/building a ship. I am not talking about the aesthetic design but the ratio of parts to other parts. For example: how many M Wings or L Wings should I use per 1 M Engine, etc. I have been looking and only found a few tools that mostly deal with crafting/industry. 

Here is an example of what I am wanting to do. Due to starting out and not having much of industry set up I am looking to build a ship that will allow me to carry a filled L Container. This ship has to be able to leave all planets and re-enter them filled with cargo. Basically I am looking for a tool that will allow me to ratio the proper amount of part on the ship to make sure the ship capable of the described above tasks. I cannot afford L Engines yet and will be using M Engines.

If there is anyone out there that has anything similar to what I am asking for please let me know. 

Hey RipPaw and welcome back to Dual Universe. There are not a lot of public resources for ship design right now but @Tueradoor created a wonderful Thrust Calculator Spreadsheet back in beta and recently updated it again for release. It allows you to specify the quantity of each type of flight element and even takes into account your talents. Give it a try and see if you like it.

12 minutes ago, Msoul said:

Hey RipPaw and welcome back to Dual Universe. There are not a lot of public resources for ship design right now but @Tueradoor created a wonderful Thrust Calculator Spreadsheet back in beta and recently updated it again for release. It allows you to specify the quantity of each type of flight element and even takes into account your talents. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Perfect, I did find the old post and even messaged Tueradoor to see if there was an updated version but have not seen a response yet. Thank you for sharing this with me, it will most def help me.

First, find a way to afford a couple of L atmo engines. Depending on what you're filling that container with, M engines are not a good choice, although you might get away with M space engines if you have enough of them and good piloting skill (not talents).