Still a joke.

Jinxed

The whole premise of “entirely player driven and built” is a laughing stock.  This was actually a reply deep in a thread somewhere so I just thought I’d dig it out and post it here. Sorry if you’ve read this already. 

bots control our hex-rent. Bots control our schematics. Bots control our sales taxes. Bots hand out and receive missions. Bots sell pretty much everything anyone needs. Bots buy stupid almost unlimited amounts of ore and bots hand out a daily stipend. And bots control whether or not we can fire weapons. 

what is there actually left to play and strive for other than building?

why is there no energy required to run anything? Why is there no oxygen requirements for our habitats?

why is there no food or farming? 

why are there no threatening box life forms that raid our camps?

why are there no mysteries beyond a few lowest possible effort alien cores?

what an absolute joke. 

21 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

The whole premise of “entirely player driven and built” is a laughing stock.  This was actually a reply deep in a thread somewhere so I just thought I’d dig it out and post it here. Sorry if you’ve read this already. 

bots control our hex-rent. Bots control our schematics. Bots control our sales taxes. Bots hand out and receive missions. Bots sell pretty much everything anyone needs. Bots buy stupid almost unlimited amounts of ore and bots hand out a daily stipend. And bots control whether or not we can fire weapons. 

why is there no energy required to run anything? Why is there no oxygen requirements for our habitats?

what an absolute joke. 

Because the concept has changed several times since the alpha. It looks like there will be no promised pets, other systems, and in general much of what we initially liked about past ideas and roadmaps. In fact, I have no understanding of what the game is going to...

3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

Bots buy stupid almost unlimited amounts of ore

Not really... And it looks like it's only temporary.

#1 NPC buy orders are not refreshed.

#2 NPC buy orders are limited to T1 ore and 9.999.999 per market.

#3 NPC sell orders are so high that these will quickly become irrelevant as more people get into manufacturing.

At Alioth 9 of the 20 markets have been bought out of NPC order Quartz. And that is only after two weeks directly after launch. I suspect that the other 11 markets at Alioth won't survive for long, and certainly not another two weeks (as mining yield ramps up drastically). Then people will spread out to the already depleting Alioth Moon markets (including Haven/Sanctuary). The rest of the planets there are just not that many people (yet). Stuff like Hematite, Bauxite and Coal just have more demand and many buy orders are already over NPC prices. I suspect that none will survive till the new year (unless NQ refreshes them).

The NPC sell orders for Nitron (atmo fuel) are 50q/L, while the lowest PC sell order is only 10.1q/L, with max skills, that is still very profitable! The basic NPC sell orders are there imho to keep the game playable, especially for new players at launch and at a later time in the games life. As you can no longer mine on planets, the pickup rocks are no longer respawning and are getting scare near any of the markets (especially in a few weeks/months), so this gives players an option to get the basics with their daily allotment of quanta, even if they are not near a major market hub.

The quanta faucets and sinks are there to keep things playable and give the game a chance at life. While you could make a game without any of those systems and even let players make/control currency systems, the average DU player would run away screaming at that prospect, not to mention that the game would be an complete and total mess until players have made such systems that work and people trust (enough, good luck with that!)...

3 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Not really... And it looks like it's only temporary.

#2 NPC buy orders are limited to T1 ore and 9.999.999 per market.

This must have been reduced recently I have already sold at least 100,000 units of ore to a market on sanctuary for 25h per unit. I know because I got about 4,000,000h for it all.

edit; I realised you are using the decimal point twice... so no idea what you mean, 9.999,   9,999.999 or 9,999,999

9 hours ago, Jinxed said:

what an absolute joke. 

A lot of this is temporary. Do you have solutions to offer or are you just blindly complaining?

1 hour ago, Osyraa said:

A lot of this is temporary. Do you have solutions to offer or are you just blindly complaining?

Temporary. LOL.

Oh you sweet summer child. 

Five years has seen very little positive change and much revert to little more than it was in the Alpha. 

Why should the consumers who are paying to use a product be the ones responsible for designing the product?

Henry Ford once said ask a person what they want and all they would have said was a faster horse. 

in any case even though I’m not a game designer, I have already given my idea and opinions a hundred times. But just like everyone else who has, they have been ignored.  There is zero meaning giving ideas at this point in time. 

zero.  The game will get made in whatever way NQ choose, since they are building their own game, not our game. 

3 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

Temporary. LOL.

Oh you sweet summer child. 

Five years has seen very little positive change and much revert to little more than it was in the Alpha. 

Why should the consumers who are paying to use a product be the ones responsible for designing the product?

Henry Ford once said ask a person what they want and all they would have said was a faster horse. 

in any case even though I’m not a game designer, I have already given my idea and opinions a hundred times. But just like everyone else who has, they have been ignored.  There is zero meaning giving ideas at this point in time. 

zero.  The game will get made in whatever way NQ choose, since they are building their own game, not our game. 

You are factually incorrect. For instance, when people did not like the schem system, it was changed. That is a direct example of NQ listening. A claim that there is "zero" meaning is not true, as I have provided an example meaning it cannot be zero. Other examples exist, but that is not necessary as you claim there is zero reason. 

I agree, i've only been playing since launch so I don't know what it was like before but I was surprised there was no water and food bars and you can't die from heights. The planets are also bare, where is the NPC roaming planets? Or other life forms, it is a shame all that space and nothing but rocks and trees.

There is so much potential there but I think after what is it 6yrs? I don't hold out much hope for it. Don't get me wrong though I am enjoying it so far but if I was playing years ago I probably wouldn't be playing it now as it would be pretty boring.

I wish the factory machines were more like Satisfactory, going along a conveyor. I was also surprised at the fighting elements in the game, you are static when shooting which doesn't seem right. I'm not a PvP person but fighting in your space ship should mean manoeuvres and turns just like other space games.

I guess we live in hope more things will be added sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, Osyraa said:

If they do not listen at all, what is the point of your post?

If they do listen, why are you blindly complaining without providing solutions?

Weird. You write that as if I am posting for NQ. It’s been a while since I have written something expected NQ to read. 

I’m curious, what in my post gave you the impression I was aiming it at NQ?

did you interpret it as one of those ridiculous “open letters to..” type rants?

16 hours ago, Osyraa said:

If they do listen, why are you blindly complaining without providing solutions?

Solutions offered, probably few hundred by now, listened to them: nope

Ever asked to explain a solution or something: Nope

Best thing ever: added a solution and an honest opinion and NQ stated : your a conspiracy theorist......Good way to end discussions someone must have thought, o wait thats a conspiracy theory aswell.

There is one thing NQ does with our suggestions and that is add purple voxels!!!!!!

And any limitation ANYONE ever suggests.

Did you know the large core is not the largest core ever seen in DU? 

Once industry and organizations flourished?

There was an actual Cold war on the community pages, wel even 3?

There were 3 news organizations making vids?

There was an organization about a dyson sphere and actually the possibility of making it were not limited yet?

Ships would be able to be 2km?

there are actual underground caves in the planets, or there were?

a handfull of people drilled to the cores of the planet, I am one of them so i know the secret :D

Nobody hears you cream in space?

Tranquility was based on the possibilities of pre-alpha and at that point a dynamic city in space with a good mass to equall Battle star galactica or babylon 5 was a possibility?

And we have not given up on that idea just need to get more creative!

But just do one thing for me and yourself:

Dont trust on NQ making stuff better, never sent in proposals for limitations And be a good member of the community and any ides you have, just sent them in these forums adressed to fellow community members, we stopped adressing NQ as they dont seem to listen unless there is an opertunity to generate more cash, then its sayd like: We listened to the community and canceled planetary mining........

17 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Dont trust on NQ making stuff better, never sent in proposals for limitations And be a good member of the community and any ides you have, just sent them in these forums adressed to fellow community members, we stopped adressing NQ as they dont seem to listen unless there is an opertunity to generate more cash, then its sayd like: We listened to the community and canceled planetary mining........

I must disappoint you and all of us. In earning money, NQ also failed. There has been a context menu for skins for several years now. Skins for so many games are the main source of monetization (hello Fortnite).
But even here or they are not. Or they are incorrectly applied (I could not see the difference after trying to apply on the resurrection node).
The lack of a coherent roadmap is increasingly suggesting that the game will soon become a scam (correct me if I'm wrong and give a fresh roadmap).

On 10/11/2022 at 5:22 PM, Jinxed said:

We don't even have building to strive for. Our structures were wiped. Our BPs can't be placed again because they reneged on core snapping and stealth nerfed building height. NQ have repeatedly griefed us on even this. 

I would disagree but you are not wrong. My only concern here is the time gating. I can always come up with what to do with what we already have within the game but what I do not appreciate is a constant time limitations. I would compare this to Eve but even in Eve there is PVE combat for new players that did not invest countless hours to train their skills. The ship building part of the game is not intuitive at all. There are a few tools that help you with understanding but most are outdated already and no one cares to update them. In what universe do you need 30 wings to lift of in the atmosphere? I mean, I have been complaining about this since early beta possible end of alpha and nothing was changed. We currently have 4 or 5 different rarities to engines and the jumps (in production/prices) from one to another is so dramatic that I don't even bother and just stack more basic ones lol. And now with introduction/changes to blue prints...we used to travel to different planets to buy them and it felt good but now you just Q them up and go play a different game while they are producing. Why is everything time gated? Where is the freedom of doing what ever the heck you want? Miners, lol what a joke of a system (even with talents). You get so many charges that refresh at a rate of one per 6 hours. Some grids are so bad that you end up with multiple claimed just for a little of passive ore. Yes it was a grind fest before and we spent days mining out mega nodes but now what, spend 30min to an hours locating an asteroid then start mining only to make enough to possible Q up something else. Risk and reward is out the window. An average ship that has cargo and can fly in space and atmo is worth 3-5 million to make but the amount you make mining is a fraction and it isn't worth losing your ship over $800k. 

I am sorry for rambling :)