Jump to content

In game help


Gillwin
 Share

Recommended Posts

How do you launch a game yet provide NO in game help.   I have been sitting here for 2 days unable to progress in game waiting for someone to help.  I created a ticket over 2 days ago and still waiting.  No NQ staff is currently watching the help channel in game anymore.   They seem to ignore any pleas for help in the discord channel.  I just dont get it,  you know after launch there will be tons of problems that appear yet you provide no way to get help in any reliable and timely way?  NQ has made many questionable decisions but to not provide basic in game help is just crazy and leads to player FRUSTRATION.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In general, if you specifically need GM help then tickets are by far the best solution. For minor issues (ie: a bugged out element or being trapped inside another players construct) I do recommend starting off by requesting assistance in the in-game help channel. A GM could see your message and quickly fix it for you. However, when it comes to more intricate problems a ticket is always best. Response times vary based on the severity of the issue, with priority being given to players who are unable to play at all. With the recent launch things are fairly busy so please try to be patient. Keep in mind that you are often not the only one suffering from a particular issue and thus it is not always efficient to go around manually fixing each individual instance but to instead investigate the cause, identify all affected, and then deploy a fix to address all cases simultaneously.

 

With that said, it appears that your original request was in regards to orienting constructs during deployment. Note it is currently only possible to rotate blueprints along their Z-axis and this can be done by holding R and scrolling up and down on your mouse. Also the deployment tool automatically locks the Z-axis of your construct parallel to that of your avatar, which in most cases is also locked to the local planet/moon/spacestation. Thus if your deployment preview is showing an unexpected orientation, it is likely because you originally deployed your core with a modified orientation and did not account for that when populating it with elements/voxels.

 

To put it simply, the blue line being broadcasted from the core unit when using the deploy ground element tool is the reference line that indicates the downwards direction for the construct you are about to create. As seen below you can use the tool to manipulate this line by referencing it off of other surfaces.

image.thumb.png.e6f75347a504786ff714ed57168f3a4f.png

When you go to deploy a blueprint of a construct, you do not have this flexibility and whatever was defined as down for your construct (ie: the blue line) is made to face downwards. Thus if you had built a vertical tower on each of the above examples and went to deploy a blueprint of them, A) would be standing up straight, b) would be on its side and C) would be upside-down.

 

Hopefully this clarify things but don't hesitate to reply here or poke me on the discord if you have more questions about this. Maybe NQ can look into the possibility of allowing for more rotation options in future updates but for the time being just try to remember that the blue reference line is down.

Edited by Msoul
Fixed the B) label defaulting into an emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i am an alpha player and have placed many cores.  the problem is not with me not knowing how to place a core, the problem is with the poor in game help.  The NQ staff no longer pays attention to the in game help channel (they used to but have now stopped).  The only way to get help from a NQ employee now is to make a ticket and that takes days to respond.  This is NOT good service.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Msoul you should get the Title, designated NQ defender ingame, and here.

 

To Poster, you are Right! even simple Space engeneer player driven servers have better game masters that actually help. Is that an isseu as the developers have a lot to do apparently?

Yes it is, it shows lack of planning and people management Or missing insight on what can go wrong in a sandbox game and what is needed to help players.

 

 

STU is a nice example. apparently no-one in nq actually has an idea of the value After the reset

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gillwin said:

The problem is not with me not knowing how to place a core, the problem is with the poor in game help. 

 

Sorry if I misunderstood. Your questions on the discord were about rotating blueprints so I figured this was most likely your issue. Whatever the problem I do hope you get a response to your ticket soon.

 

13 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

@Msoul you should get the Title, designated NQ defender ingame, and here.

No. Also rather strange that you would perceive my statements here as defending NQ. As far as I can tell no one is attacking NQ. There will always be players with questions, concerns, and/or complaints. Gillwin is understandably frustrated so I just figured I would try to help guide him. Looks like this was really more of a feedback post thou, my bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

update, going on 5 days and still not response from my ticket.  

i have found out by other player is that static core blueprints cant be rotated on the x axis, which explains why the R button is not working to fix my problem.  I dont really understand how the core got rotated in the blueprint but this problem can only be solved by NQ and they are so poorly understaffed that a ticket is taking close to a week to fix which i find totally excessive.  I have been paying to play the game for the last 5 days and not been able to really do much of anything since my whole gameplay revolves around my industry which is the building i am trying to place.  I am just very frustrated with the poor customer service.  1-2 days on a ticket is acceptable,  any longer and it becomes unacceptable and they should be somehow compensating players for their wasted game time which they are paying for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gillwin said:

update, going on 5 days and still not response from my ticket.  

i have found out by other player is that static core blueprints cant be rotated on the x axis, which explains why the R button is not working to fix my problem.  I dont really understand how the core got rotated in the blueprint but this problem can only be solved by NQ and they are so poorly understaffed that a ticket is taking close to a week to fix which i find totally excessive.  I have been paying to play the game for the last 5 days and not been able to really do much of anything since my whole gameplay revolves around my industry which is the building i am trying to place.  I am just very frustrated with the poor customer service.  1-2 days on a ticket is acceptable,  any longer and it becomes unacceptable and they should be somehow compensating players for their wasted game time which they are paying for.

If your core is rotated so the BP won't deploy in the correct orientation, First, deploy it as is. Then fix the orientation of the core, make a new BP, pick it up, and deploy from the new BP.

 

I would guess that the GMs don't have any tool that would allow them to reorient a static construct. (Based on what I've seen be able and not be able to do.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 Days and still no response from a ticket.  This has to be the worst customer service of any game i have ever played before.  I have held off making a post on steam as i really want the game to be successful, but at this point i think it is important for people to realize what they are paying for.  If they have a problem in the game it could be weeks before NQ will help you. So if you pay for the game you must understand that you may not be able to play or enjoy the game for extended periods. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2022 at 11:26 PM, Daphne Jones said:

If your core is rotated so the BP won't deploy in the correct orientation, First, deploy it as is. Then fix the orientation of the core, make a new BP, pick it up, and deploy from the new BP.

This will unfortunately not work. The orientation of a construct is not determined by the orientation of the core within the build area but instead defined by the build area itself which is initialized upon core deployment. Currently the only way to correct a blueprint built along the wrong axis would be to manually reposition each individual element/voxel within the build area to reference the correct forward/upwards direction of said build area. This is why I stressed the importance of orienting your core during the deployment phase or at least remembering which way was defined as downwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again this is not really about problems that the game itself may have.  The problem is with customer support.  This is a subscription based game and now a quarter of my game time i have paid for is gone without resolution of the problem.  That is like buying a candy bar only to find out that someone has already eaten 1/4 of it, would you be happy?   Or buying a car magazine subscription but when the magazine comes all the articles on cars are missing and all you have is a magazine filled with baby diaper adds, would you be happy?  NQ either needs to hire enough staff to resolve these types of issues in a REASONABLE amount of time, or compensate the individuals with either extended game play time, or free skins, so the players to not feel cheated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Msoul said:

This will unfortunately not work. The orientation of a construct is not determined by the orientation of the core within the build area but instead defined by the build area itself which is initialized upon core deployment. Currently the only way to correct a blueprint built along the wrong axis would be to manually reposition each individual element/voxel within the build area to reference the correct forward/upwards direction of said build area. This is why I stressed the importance of orienting your core during the deployment phase or at least remembering which way was defined as downwards.

Oh. Good point. That's not too much of a problem for voxel-heavy builds... just copy/paste onto a new core... but it's a mess if you have a lot of elements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To get back to the real question, Did our fellow player get any help after over a week waiting? 

STU's are already in week 4 waiting and seriously i have not seen a single @NQ or @GM chat ingame to help people. But that might be due to the fact they maybe whisper players.

 

Well, Good luck to the OP!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...