Get rid of schematics already.

DealerSix

7 hours ago, DarthMord said:

Honestly, schematics are not as bad as they initially were. I would love to see them changed such that if you are using an industry element to create something that is a lower tier than itself, it doesn't require a schematic.

Ex: Use a T1 smelter to make a T1 product = need a T1 product schematic.

Ex: Use a T2 smelter to make a T1 product = no need for a T1 schematic.

Indeed not as bad, they are a hundred time worse, in beta a small container schematic was 14k and you used it forever, now i pay 9k and i can use it, what was it 5 times? so in the end the new system is more expensive, also the old system i placed a schematic once, now i have to check every single apparatus every other day.

Great way to kick industrialists who survived 0.23 further in the dirt. At the moment i have about 50 machines i need to check everyday. costs are massive and the only way to compensate would be to run bogus npc missions to make up......no-never.

I am using my nanocrafter full time at the moment to produce stuff that should be produced in industrial units but its cheaper and less complex in the nanocrafter. That alone shows a mismatch.

Fear for mega factories has turned DU into a desolated wasteland, but the end goal is reached, server load is minimal, sadly at the cost of player numbers as most industrialist already went home or are about to take the last flight.

8 hours ago, DarthMord said:

Honestly, schematics are not as bad as they initially were. I would love to see them changed such that if you are using an industry element to create something that is a lower tier than itself, it doesn't require a schematic.

Ex: Use a T1 smelter to make a T1 product = need a T1 product schematic.

Ex: Use a T2 smelter to make a T1 product = no need for a T1 schematic.

The idea of schemes was not that machines could avoid them. It's about getting money out of you.

The issue of using high-level machines could be solved by accelerating time in the production of products of lower levels. For example, the basic - uncommon -10% of the production time. basic - advanced -20% of production time.

42 minutes ago, ColonkinYT said:

The idea of schemes was not that machines could avoid them. It's about getting money out of you.

Correction, reading back and remembering streams the money was not the reason, mega factories and industry as a whole strained the servers so schematics are introduced to help people forget the fun of industies so the servers can run cheaper.

5 hours ago, ColonkinYT said:

The issue of using high-level machines could be solved by accelerating time in the production of products of lower levels. For example, the basic - uncommon -10% of the production time. basic - advanced -20% of production time.

I can somewhat agree with some of this.

This though: It's about getting money out of you.  Yes this is not a secret, it is about getting money out of you/us, but the money have to come from somewhere could of course run NPCs missions all day, you could make it back that way (Waait do we have NPCs??) what are they called?. All of it feels like a massive grind or a fulltime job, a fulltime job we are paying to do.

End of rant :D 

50 minutes ago, Clatten said:

Yes this is not a secret, it is about getting money out of you/us, but the money have to come from somewhere...

Aye, fantastic game design, that: turn the money faucet up so high that you need to have a ball-aching money sink to take the Quanta that should never have been in the game back out of it. Brilliant. It's not like they couldn't just reduce the amount of money coming into the game in some way, after all, is it? Sheer genius.

6 hours ago, Hecticus said:

Threads like this make me glad NQ doesn’t listen to us.

Well, honestly i don't mean to have a cry out or cry my brains out over schematics. Schematics is fine, they we're fine with how they worked in beta, before NQ decided to have us make only copies. The issue in beta with schematics was that it was too accessible, so overyone could run their mega factories. Without it costing anything at all(except maybe ore and to buy the schematics).

The biggest issue i can see with schematics atm is, they have a quanta cost next to their name, but territories have a cost too. So, for a new player without an organisation to join, or someone who want to start of as a solo you'd be [filtered]ed, there is pretty much nothing you can do to get off haven(without some knowledge) and work your way towards anything, How will you make enough money to pay your tax but also have fun?. I just can't see it.
I am solo right now, and between the cost of the territory tax and schematics(that we pay to NPCs apparently) i feel like i am being fu**ed sideways. It is insane and terrible design of(player run markets, and everything else). NPC missions(who is the NPC?)?. 

On a positive note. I am rooting for this game to succeed. So far it has the best building capabilities with voxels and everything that i have ever seen. But it is missing an actual story. And a actual way of making quanta when starting out(missions to a NPC we don't know exist, great!.) Let's start with giving the NPC a name. Then work towards from there.

If you are great at building you will make quanta quite easily by selling BP's, if your not building you are gonna have a hard time.
If you we're a industrial guy you are also gonna have a hard time since HUGE orgs takes over the markets if you want to focus on industry/factory..

I will keep playing, but i really hope there will be a change to some of this soon ish, i am slowly running out of good things to say about this game/world.

Best regards.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kirion said:

schematics people quit over?

People quit mostly because there is very little (enjoyable) content in game beyond building for sake of building (and building in very niche way, its not MC).