The best thing about this game....

DannyUK

Is the community, I have seen so many people helping each other out and that's what makes it the best to play for me. I also play another game called Wurm Online and that has an amazing community also that goes out of their way to help you, this game is the same.

I say this because yesterday I bought a brand new ship upgrading from a hovercraft, even though I did the tutorials I crashed a 500k ship. I now know what my mistake was, I was using manual instead of using cruise control which is so much easier but manual I came in to fast to land and panicked trying to land it and exploded. I had just moved to Alioth the day before and had no resurrection pad so it spawned me back on Haven. Anyway a guy called EdmundBlack came to pick me up and take me back to the crashed ship to repair it, I hope he doesn't mind mentioning him but thanks to him I saved my ship otherwise there was no way to get back to it.

I still find it daunting to fly, I go super slow even if the ship supposed to go fast, at least until I get used to it a bit more. Going from a hovercraft to an atmospheric craft is a big step if you are new to flying but yes the community here seems a very good one and hopefully one day when I get more experience I can help someone else out myself.

Indeed, I shall do that, I need a lot of practice although I'm doing ok now with the cruise control as you can set the speed. When I first started using it I was using default manual and the speed was spiralling out of control when coming into land.