Low FPS with RTX 3060Ti

Hadrac

Hey, I had in the beta a GTX 1070 and had about 40-60 FPS and on markets sometimes 15-20 FPS. Especially for this game I bought a RTX 3060Ti and have now the same FPS.

Windows has been completely installed new, so it's not a problem of the OS or driver.

I can set everything on maximum without a problem, but the shadows.

Is there any way to fox this? If there is no chance, I could imagine to buy a RX 6700 or something instead, but would it help?

Edited by Hadrac

It would probably help with average FPS, but FPS doesn't scale a lot in DU and the minimum FPS can still be relatively low. I don't have any issues with my RTX 3080, but there is a big range of FPS on planets, it jumps around between 30 and 100, avg maybe 60 fps

Hmm.... that's strange. Shouldn't the FPS scale with better cards? I've seen older benchmarks,

the highest tested card was a RTX 2070 which reached over 100 FPS, and I'm happy if I get 60.

I could live with the 45 FPS I have mostly, if they wouldn't drop at markets so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to update this.

I bought an AMD RX 6700 XT and the FPS are even worse (25 FPS average).

Might another CPU help, like a Ryzen 5 5600X? Currently, I have a Ryzen 5 3600X.

Anyone an idea?

Edited by Hadrac

@beaguest

There was indeed something wrong with the Windows installation, I reinstalled it and some things changed,

but the average FPS are still the same on default graphic settings. I ordered the CPU now to give it a try.

@Haunty

I tried it. With the new installation, I get now about 70-80 FPS with deactivated shadows, but that looks creepy.

I guess, I have to live with it.