What next for DU?

Shaman

I'd like to see some update that gives more purpose to building, instead of just more elements to manage in a mini-game loop. Like survival aspects, hazards that force you to build for shelter on planets other than Alioth/Sanc/Haven.

51 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

like to see it optimized 

it (still) runs like crap

True, when I teleported to the ship museum I had 30-40 fps, quite bad when I consider my setup (3070, 5600X, 32 GB RAM). I wonder what would the fps of a recommended PC be, 15-20?

On 10/1/2022 at 8:09 AM, Paralen said:

True, when I teleported to the ship museum I had 30-40 fps, quite bad when I consider my setup (3070, 5600X, 32 GB RAM). I wonder what would the fps of a recommended PC be, 15-20?

Mostly server based limits. I get about the same FPS with RTX3080, 5950X, 64GB RAM. 

For now I'm happy with the content and game loop, but the game need optimization badly! I would also be happy to see more settings for audio and graphics. The HUD also need some work to make it take up less screenastate.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:09 AM, Paralen said:

It seems there is a problem with RTX 3000 cards. I've seen benchmarks with older cards, they all work OK. Even a RTX 2060 is better than my RTX 3060Ti.

Will there be any NPC's in the game at all? Like maybe characters such as yourself roaming around the planets? Maybe you can kill them and dismantle for parts or something. 

I'm gonna wait for someone to say "this is PvP" but I'm not a PvP person, I much prefer PvE.

update? 

this game shud be rebuilt from the ground up to have a chance to deliver 1/5th of its promised featureset.    DU is a mismanged mess that never shud have seen the light of day in its current form. 

im sure from the steam sales they hoover up a few more victims to keep this charade up for a while, but give or take 3 months and most of those people will quit, and then wut?? 

15 hours ago, Bollox said:

update? 

this game shud be rebuilt from the ground up to have a chance to deliver 1/5th of its promised featureset.    DU is a mismanged mess that never shud have seen the light of day in its current form. 

im sure from the steam sales they hoover up a few more victims to keep this charade up for a while, but give or take 3 months and most of those people will quit, and then wut?? 

This is ridiculous.