Backers having DACs can't use them yet for play time and can't play without paying more

Aaron Cain

The most important thing to do today is log in fast and get the desired location with your friends, or just log in at all. but it seems we early backers are just F..ked over and forced to pay game time while we should have 2 free weeks?

This is no game breaker, this is just the next mess. Mess up for early backers so they all are far away from friends and byebye for most.

Good way to get people with free game time for years to be forced to sub.

Your friendly neighbourhood critizism

6 minutes ago, Chrius said:

Considering how many account issues I had on alpha/beta I kinda expected them to have all the issues fixed by release... looks like they got me again... 

It does seem like an important part of making a Release Product that relies on a constant connection to play, right? 😆

Well, when I backed that kickstarter campaign I didn't imagine other ppl could just buy in on the same reward level only one week before launch by investing in a year worth of DACs :D

I feel very sorry for all those who paid more than 120 and less than 500 on the original kickstarter. From 500 up at least there's the lifetime subscription thingy - but is there any huge difference between KS, Alpha, ATV, early Beta and last minute Beta that I'm not aware of? 👀

Btw: Interesting turn that we can just pick a tile from orbit now. I kinda liked the way before, where we would place the TCU ourselves... like... after we looked at the landscape 'n stuff? But that might be just me. Curious to see how I can get to Sanctuary now. Maybe I already messed up chosing a Haven tile? Ah, whatever. If I had wormed my head into late developments and/or news I might not be as puzzled 🤪

Logged in today, claimed a tile, followed Aphelia's instructions a bit, then filled the skill cue, logged off and launched SC. At least for me, considering it's release day, everything went pretty smooth. Bummer about the DAC system... thought we did this Beta DAC thing to iron out all such issues. Ehm... lel =P

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

The most important thing to do today is log in fast and get the desired location with your friends, or just log in at all. but it seems we early backers are just F..ked over and forced to pay game time while we should have 2 free weeks?

This is no game breaker, this is just the next mess. Mess up for early backers so they all are far away from friends and byebye for most.

Good way to get people with free game time for years to be forced to sub.

Your friendly neighbourhood critizism

Forced to pay?  Are you referring to attempting to download the client from Steam?  If you download the client directly from NQ you should be able to log in.  If this isn't what you were referring to then please ignore me.

16 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

Forced to pay?  Are you referring to attempting to download the client from Steam?  If you download the client directly from NQ you should be able to log in.  If this isn't what you were referring to then please ignore me.

I am using the standalone client and had the same account issues everyone else here had... by the time I was able to login every market was already surrounded by claimed land...

Not only that... now you have to select your land on char creation, and you have absolutely no way to know what market you are building around... so I left beta pretty much 3 hexes away from market 8, now Im in the middle of nowhere because I selected land near market 18 and I don't even know if I can teleport from there to alioth...

Yeah it's still the same old story, you've gave them your money, they've promised something but don't give a damn. I wanted to check the state of the game after a year or so today but it's still a mess and I'm never gona pay for it lol.

6 hours ago, vertex said:

Well, when I backed that kickstarter campaign I didn't imagine other ppl could just buy in on the same reward level only one week before launch by investing in a year worth of DACs :D

I feel very sorry for all those who paid more than 120 and less than 500 on the original kickstarter. From 500 up at least there's the lifetime subscription thingy - but is there any huge difference between KS, Alpha, ATV, early Beta and last minute Beta that I'm not aware of? 👀

Btw: Interesting turn that we can just pick a tile from orbit now. I kinda liked the way before, where we would place the TCU ourselves... like... after we looked at the landscape 'n stuff? But that might be just me. Curious to see how I can get to Sanctuary now. Maybe I already messed up chosing a Haven tile? Ah, whatever. If I had wormed my head into late developments and/or news I might not be as puzzled 🤪

Logged in today, claimed a tile, followed Aphelia's instructions a bit, then filled the skill cue, logged off and launched SC. At least for me, considering it's release day, everything went pretty smooth. Bummer about the DAC system... thought we did this Beta DAC thing to iron out all such issues. Ehm... lel =P

Even those of us with lifetime subscriptions are still getting screwed. Go check out the threads about the kickstarter rewards. Novaquark has a lot of explaining to do. 

1 minute ago, Jinxed said:

care to elaborate?

Err, I thought did. They don't - literally. NQ doesn't explain or answer or like... participate, at all. Maybe I missed something tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, vertex said:

Err, I thought did. They don't - literally. NQ doesn't explain or answer or like... participate, at all. Maybe I missed something tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair enough.

Paraphrasing, they said,

"NQ should explain clearly what happened" and you replied, "they don't."

I see, you we just being sardonic.

@Aaron Cain
(I edited your title for better clarity)
If you're not aware yet, since yesterday 15:15 UTC, 
Due to a technical issue related to DAC, the DAC system was disabled. In the meantime, we have allowed players who own at least one DAC to access the game for free, without consuming anything they may own. This is a temporary measure while the team is working on a fix for the DAC system (no ETA yet, but we will come back to you as soon as we will have one).

2 hours ago, vertex said:

@vertex
You indeed missed "something", like all the announcements and replies on Discord yesterday.
They were also replies on the forum yesterday, but not on this specific topic indeed.

A recap is planned today on both the forum and the steam Community Hub.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

• NQ-Nyzaltar changed the title to Backers having DACs can't use them yet for play time and can't play without paying more
3 hours ago, Virtuella said:

Bought the gold digital pack which are supposed to give like 23 DACs.

How much can that be converted into playing months when they get the system to work?

23 DACs can be converted in 23 months of play time. You can convert only a part or all of them.
Once the system will be operational, you will also be able to gift some of them to your friends if you want to.
The ability to exchange them in-game for quantas through the markets will be available in the future, but we can't give an exact ETA yet.

Best Regards, 
Nyzaltar.

Good tiles on Sanc? It’s a shithole that everyone tries to leave at first dawn… just look at the colour they especially chose the sky if you don’t believe me.

….and we have Haven anyway. 

Really don’t see what all the salt is about. 

Our whole clique has 10 sanc terry units between us and not one is even posted yet. 

why do we need two safe moons? I honestly don’t even know. 

28 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

Good tiles on Sanc? It’s a shithole that everyone tries to leave at first dawn… just look at the colour they especially chose the sky if you don’t believe me.

….and we have Haven anyway. 

Really don’t see what all the salt is about. 

Our whole clique has 10 sanc terry units between us and not one is even posted yet. 

why do we need two safe moons? I honestly don’t even know. 

Every hex on Sanc has better ore rates than my hex on Haven unless they nerfed it since beta. Yeah, Haven looks better, but I could live with that for adequate ore rates. When there was a way to make money, sure, I wanted to get off Sanc and do it; but I'm not seeing that now.

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

Pretty sure all the good tiles on Sanc are gone now and those of us who didn't get our STU didn't have a chance to compete.

I was on Sanctuary 10 minutes after the server  opened, and the realized I didnt  have my STU..  Sanctuary is where I was planning to build my main base. As for why, less lag, 7 SU to Alioth, 2 SU to moon 4..