First impressions.

Daphne Jones

FTUE: Good. It covers enough but is short enough to not get boring. Not too hand-holdy.

Stability: Good.

Performance: Good.

I don't like the voice over in the intro - just not very good acting. I don't feel it at all. And I never liked Aphelia's voice lol, but as an annoying, condescending b---, the acting is good.

Are the markets not working? No way to find anything on the buy/sell UI.

I do not like the new start the part where you just click on the map you have no idea what the land looks like and find out you are so far from the Maine hub  not even a choice two go two Sanctuary I spent near 10 hour's demolishing a base and moving it not two mention that the port two District 6 is not working correctly and it takes you two 3  but still having fun Remembering what it’s like being new and only having a xs container that is smaller then my nano pack lol  good times  but I do like that you do start with some material after demolishing the drop pod  and a lot of material in the free base if you want two take it apart and rebuild 

I like the new setup. Starting with a free base of operations, including mining equipment and a vehicle is a great way to get people a start. Plus the interactive VR tutorials are amazing. These are all things that were suggested from the beginning, and I'm glad they listened. Just dropping people in the wilderness next to the arkship and saying "Good luck, figure it out" was never going to work. 

I haven't had much time to explore yet, but so far, so good. I know folks are bringing up issues, and certainly not here to discount that, but so far my gameplay experience in this release version has been positive. 

7 hours ago, Schmidtrock said:

Just started today. I’m impressed and I love it this far. How do I go about demolishing my base for future reference? 

I’ve been following developments for years so glad to see it out of the gate.

Demolishing: In build mode you can pick up voxels and elements using their respective deploy tools (2 and 1 by default) and holding alt when you click.

Pro tip: Left Alt + LMB gives you a second action on most tools. With a few exceptions, the second action is to undo whatever the tool normally does.

15 hours ago, Schmidtrock said:

Just started today. I’m impressed and I love it this far. How do I go about demolishing my base for future reference? 

I’ve been following developments for years so glad to see it out of the gate.

Another method for fast removal of voxels if you're wanting to completely remove the construct:  Select Voxel tool (default 7 in build mode), click a voxel near the middle, hold (Left) CTRL and scroll up, then hit DEL key.