Demo version settings = Live ?

Leniver

Hello everyone,

Now that we have the game in demo, I have heard everything and nothing about the state of the game at release.

Would it be possible for us to have some clarifications? 

Those who like surprises don't have to read, for my part I prepared the release based on the game at the end of the beta and the surprise will be more unpleasant than anything else.

Distribution of ores in the system:
I've heard comments left and right about this.
If we refer to "Ask Aphelia Episode Fourteen", it should be different than on the demo.

Lua:
We noticed a few differences between the demo and beta. Should we plan to revise our scripts or is this just a side effect?

Recipes:
Some recipes have changed. Is this just an adjustment for the demo version or something final?

Prices:
The prices are excessively low in the demo version, I guess to help players progress faster.

My questions may be futile, but there are many players who want the game to succeed and the demo version is now the gateway for new players. Having some details about the differences will allow us to better advise/help these new players and thus have them on the live.

Personally, I'm not going to play the demo and live version just so I can advise / see the differences. 
On the other hand, following the evolution of the two platforms is quite possible if you are informed and can pass on the information further.

Edited by Leniver

Don't rely too much on what you see on the trial server.  From what I could tell it appears to be a backup of early Beta before multiple fixes were applied, including some performance fixes.

4 hours ago, Wyndle said:

Don't rely too much on what you see on the trial server.  From what I could tell it appears to be a backup of early Beta before multiple fixes were applied, including some performance fixes.

That could then be a total misrepresentation of the release game... We shall see Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Cergorach said:

That could then be a total misrepresentation of the release game... We shall see Tuesday.

It could be interpreted by some as misrepresentative of the experience.  More likely it is NQ cutting relatively safe corners where they can because they have a short deadline.  Had I not said it on the forum would anyone who didn't play early Beta even be able to notice?  Not likely.  I'm sure a good lawyer could get in a few points in court but I doubt it would get anywhere near "total misrepresentation" status.

I would so love to be a spectator at some of NQ's meetings where decisions like this are being made, well, until the inescapable nature of corporations triggered PTSD.  This is a case where knowing some of what goes into the recipe makes my heart grow more fond of the individuals at NQ for getting this far with the weight of corporate crap on their backs.  

The trial server has to be different, really, because your experience there is time-limited, and you won't have much, if any, community support. So, I'd expect there to be a lot of time-savings either by flat reductions in time taken for things, or via simplifications.

19 hours ago, Wyndle said:

I would so love to be a spectator at some of NQ's meetings where decisions like this are being made, well, until the inescapable nature of corporations triggered PTSD.  This is a case where knowing some of what goes into the recipe makes my heart grow more fond of the individuals at NQ for getting this far with the weight of corporate crap on their backs.  

Only if I was invisible and had a big fish to smack some sense into some people... 😉

My issue with it (potentially) is that stuff is very cheap and you can build/fly all kinds of stuff, then people buy a subscription and play on the production servers and the game is "Dual Universe: Enter The Grind"...

6 hours ago, Cergorach said:

My issue with it (potentially) is that stuff is very cheap and you can build/fly all kinds of stuff, then people buy a subscription and play on the production servers and the game is "Dual Universe: Enter The Grind"...

I agree that's a concern. There had better be some pretty big "This is a taster, representative to a degree, but not completely the same as the persistent server." warnings (popups when you do things* the "easy way" on the demo server, for example, which tell you what the point of difference is) or the tears will be torrential and, on this occasion unlike so many others, justified.

* Which of course is not going to happen. Those who essay the demo experience will be lucky to see any disclaimers from NQ at all.