Alien Cores

Deadrank

As seen during the beta, since the introduction of the Alien Cores in Athena, the group with the largest PvP force in the game can hold all 10 cores without much trouble. My personal opinion would be to make defending all 10 cores in the game virtually impossible for a single group/alliance to do (assuming there is an opposing side). However, this is somewhat of a balancing nightmare and would get complicated very quickly.

My initial proposal would be to make Plasma a non-warpable item (similar to Aphelia Mission packages). This would allow smaller groups to attempt to "pirate" plasma off of the main group holding the cores while they fly it back to safe zone. This still gives the core owners the ability to decide when and where they want to put the plasma at risk and require the "pirates" to do planning reconnaissance, etc in order to pull off a heist. But it at least gives non-core owners a chance at getting a hold of some plasma, even if they aren't a big enough group to hold a core, but still requires them to PvP for it.

From an outside perspective, implementation of this should be relatively easy (all mechanics are already in-place for the mission packages). I feel like it gives some balance to the alien cores in regards to smaller PvP factions, while not really making it harder for the larger factions to still control plasma.

Thanks,
Dead