Black Screen With Nasty Audio After Just Seconds Of Play

RaTzo

I cannot seem to find a more relevant spot to ask about this. Ever since the Beta when I launch into the game the graphics load and then my computer locks up with a black screen and nasty buzzing audio coming out of the speakers. I have to do a hard power off and power on. This is the only software which causes this problem. 

I don't know how to give more information. At one point I was able to get in the drop pod and make it most of the way through the atmosphere but other than that the game lasts for less than 5 seconds before the system locks. 

Think I had this at one point (years ago). DU was taxing my system enough that my GPU (& then PSU when I upgraded the GPU) couldn't keep up, so I ended up having to replace them both. I now have a 1070 and plenty of juice, and its fine. I.e. I think its your hardware (combined with DU, ofc).

10 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Think I had this at one point (years ago). DU was taxing my system enough that my GPU (& then PSU when I upgraded the GPU) couldn't keep up, so I ended up having to replace them both. I now have a 1070 and plenty of juice, and its fine. I.e. I think its your hardware (combined with DU, ofc).

Thanks for the reply. No it isn't my hardware. Again it is only DU that does this and it is instantly and has only started with the recent builds. 

i9900k, 6800xt, 32GB, 1000W 80 Plus Platinum. 

Not a lot of information to go on, but I think it safe to say the CPU is not stressing the GPU at all. I would start by turning down graphics options to see if that helps, and open a ticket with DU support with all the information you can gather.

Untested overclock maybe? DU has an AVX workload when you're loading planet terrain especially.

Could try reducing the number of cores used in the game settings to see if that is a quick workaround

There are a lot of potential causes for this and as JayleBreak said, we really need more information to be able to effectively help you. I also recommend you follow up with NQ support but if you like, I would be more than happy to spend some time helping you one on one. Feel free to hit me up on discord my ID is msoul#5459.

On 9/20/2022 at 12:12 PM, Haunty said:

Untested overclock maybe? DU has an AVX workload when you're loading planet terrain especially.

Could try reducing the number of cores used in the game settings to see if that is a quick workaround

My build has been running successfully for three years. New fresh install of Windows a year ago. I play many games from FPS to DCS World in VR. 

It is NOT my system. This is the only game this does it in and it does it within 5 seconds of the game starting. 

No there is not a lot of information to go on.... how could there be? The drop ship starts to fall and the system turns itself off. It sounds like an overcurrent problem, but it is not. 

On 9/20/2022 at 8:21 PM, Msoul said:

There are a lot of potential causes for this and as JayleBreak said, we really need more information to be able to effectively help you. I also recommend you follow up with NQ support but if you like, I would be more than happy to spend some time helping you one on one. Feel free to hit me up on discord my ID is msoul#5459.

Thanks for the kind reply. 

There is no way to gain more information because of how it happens. All I can say is the system is rock solid. 

I added a support ticket. 

Today with the reset I was able to have the drop ship go all the way down to the planet. When very close to the ground the detail textures started to load and that is when the crash happened. Fans increased to almost full speed. Displays when black. Had to do a hard reset. I wish there was more info to give. 

20 hours ago, RaTzo said:

I added a support ticket. 

Today with the reset I was able to have the drop ship go all the way down to the planet. When very close to the ground the detail textures started to load and that is when the crash happened. Fans increased to almost full speed. Displays when black. Had to do a hard reset. I wish there was more info to give. 

That could indeed indicate an unstable system even if it's stable in other games... DU uses AVX and it stresses CPU and memory quite a lot, I saw my CPU reaching 95 °C, it's hotter when playing DU than during compiling shaders for UE5 projects (cooled by Noctua lol). This huge load happens when you arrive to a new location (especially with many construcs nearby) and it needs to do some building too (it is stored to cache afterwards), which is also the exact moment your game crashes so...