LAUNCH MAINTENANCE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

I try not to be negative because I love this game so much but this is really aggravating. Not only do we not have a time but the day itself is apparently still up for change? I'm literally calling out of work for this as I imagine many are, who have been waiting eight years. Not only that, but apparently they cant be asked to reply to us in this thread? 

I am disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, Osyraa said:

I try not to be negative because I love this game so much but this is really aggravating. Not only do we not have a time but the day itself is apparently still up for change? I'm literally calling out of work for this as I imagine many are, who have been waiting eight years.

I was mildly sad when I noticed it's day X today and I have not been able to bring myself to connect since idk... june or so?? Byebye my stuff, you deserved to be inventoried so I can spam the list on any screen I'll ever build ingame, but it wasn't meant to be...

But your comment just gave me goosebumbs, thank you for your perspective. I feel so unencumbered.

13 minutes ago, Cybob19 said:

I was mildly sad when I noticed it's day X today and I have not been able to bring myself to connect since idk... june or so?? Byebye my stuff, you deserved to be inventoried so I can spam the list on any screen I'll ever build ingame, but it wasn't meant to be...

But your comment just gave me goosebumbs, thank you for your perspective. I feel so unencumbered.

You're welcome :) 

31 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Lol.  Game will launch when they've finished adding all the new bugs ...

To be clear, this is not the tone my comment was meant in. I love Dual Universe and I do not see it that way. I am just frustrated with communication from NQ. 

I recall the beta launch (I think it was the beta launch - not long after the free-play weekend that convinced me to contribute...) which got postponed by something like 5 days, enraging some of those who'd booked time off work to spam the servers to death on Day One... :) There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I'm glad one of my org-comrades reminded me of that when I mentioned I was thinking of taking time off for launch...

NQ has "previous" on this.

6 hours ago, Osyraa said:

I try not to be negative because I love this game so much but this is really aggravating. Not only do we not have a time but the day itself is apparently still up for change? I'm literally calling out of work for this as I imagine many are, who have been waiting eight years. Not only that, but apparently they cant be asked to reply to us in this thread? 

I am disappointed. 

You are calling off work for this game, in its current form??  you deserve your frustration and disappointment

On a silver lining line of thinking; As long as the trial server is up and stable during that time it gives us geezers a chance to whoop, er, um, I mean teach the incoming steam players the basics that much longer.

298873243-3omppd.jpg

2 hours ago, Kezzle said:

I recall the beta launch (I think it was the beta launch - not long after the free-play weekend that convinced me to contribute...) which got postponed by something like 5 days, enraging some of those who'd booked time off work to spam the servers to death on Day One... :) There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I'm glad one of my org-comrades reminded me of that when I mentioned I was thinking of taking time off for launch...

NQ has "previous" on this.

In fact for beta launch, after deciding on the launch date and players booking time off work to play, NQ suprised everyone by opening the servers 1 week **early** for backers. While I can understand that NQ may have thought this was a welcome gift to the players, it caused so much trouble with people who now had the wrong holiday bookings. I'm hoping that NQ have learned from this benevolent "mistake", though the lack of certainty over a launch date is not encouraging and is causing people similar holiday booking issues, as we see in this thread. 😞

We can hope that the "estimated" date is just someone being overly careful (though perhaps ill-advised).

18 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

In fact for beta launch, after deciding on the launch date and players booking time off work to play, NQ suprised everyone by opening the servers 1 week **early** for backers.

D'oh. Of course. Still. Teeth were definitely gnashed, and wails heard, due to unexpected scheduling,even if I forgot the precise reason why :)

The “(estimated)” is mind-blowing. 

The idea that they might not have built sufficient margins into their schedule to be able to guarantee meeting their own launch date - the single most important release in the game’s history - where do I even start?