Unanswered dac question for new price

Vyvacia

I have a sponsor pack so I will get as many DCs as that sponsor pack allows for however I do not plan on quitting this game and I do not want to pay more than I need to I have previously tried to reinvest money in this game and don't feel as if I should be punished or charged an additional amount when I have tried previously to provide additional funding to this company. 

Again I do not plan on quitting this game all I need to know is since the price is going to be about $150 and I have a sponsor pack which I am under the impression is going to give a few months of DC's do I need to purchase a subscription of a year to have that time at that price instead of paying the additional $70 that it will cost after the launch for the remainder of the year in the event that I only get seven downloadable access coupons

My additional question is will DU provide access coupons that are purchasable for amounts of quanta that are actually distributed from inside the game and not solely other players. Basically how can we obtain access coupons other than having previously backed the game or getting one from someone who has

Your first question is not really all that clear. It just seems like you are asking if you need to buy now to get the lower price, and the answer to that is yes. If you only have 7 DACs and want to play for a year, you would need to pay for more game time. Doing it now means you get it at the cheaper price.

The plans for DACs are that they will be player tradeable and purchasable in some type of cash shop that doesn't exist yet. This essentially would make it so that quanta can be exchanged for game time/real world money. The cash shop is not expected at launch nor is the trading of DACs.

But I don't understand I need to buy the game now in what faster I already bought the game so I need to pay for 12 months of subscription time right now to avoid a higher price? Being an alpha backer and not planning on having a second account how can I purchase additional time,?

As the holder of a sponsor pack you, will receive a total of 7 Dual Access Coupons (DACs) at release on the 27th of September. You will then have the option of redeeming said DACs to add 30 days of gametime to your account per DAC redeemed, for a total of 210 days or roughly 7 months. You do not need to subscribe or pay additional funds to redeem these 7 DACs as they were part of the sponsor pack rewards. Just consider the associated reduced cost as one of the perks to backing the game early on.

Now when it comes to adding additional gametime you will need to either purchase a subscription via https://www.dualuniverse.game/buy (Just login to your account and select the interval you want, this works even if you have a backer account) or gametime codes via https://store.markeedragon.com/index.php?cat=360 (an authorized distributed) and apply them to your DU account on this page https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/products. Note that if you wish to take advantage of the older reduced subscription prices then you must complete this transaction before September 22nd.

I don't think it's a great idea to commit too far in the future for a newly released game, but yes if you want to, you can buy a 12-month sub now at a lesser price, or game time code, and save your DACs to use after that.

1 hour ago, Deathknight said:

Maybe it is not smart to commit too far into the future on a newly released game, but most of us already committed to a game that was either not started or was still in development. Buying more game time at release is not a whole lot different.

I suppose if you treat it like a pledge or kickstarter rerun instead of a purchase of a product/service

23 hours ago, Haunty said:

I don't think it's a great idea to commit too far in the future for a newly released game, but yes if you want to, you can buy a 12-month sub now at a lesser price, or game time code, and save your DACs to use after that.

Why would you save your DACs for later? Unless prices will go up there is no logic in this. Use your DACs first in case the game goes south.

8 hours ago, xTru said:

Why would you save your DACs for later? Unless prices will go up there is no logic in this. Use your DACs first in case the game goes south.

The prices are going up. They are going up in 10 days. The DACs will be a month of game time forever, but we for sure know what the price difference is between today and on the 27th. Plus, the in-game trade value of a DAC will only increase, as players increase their in game wealth over time.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:02 AM, Deathknight said:

The prices are going up.

I thought these were rumors but I did some research and you are right. Outrageous. Well, in this case it might worth keeping the DACs, as you said, in time they will gain value.

Still, OUTRAGEOUS !!!

Just a friendly reminder of summer DAC and the ongoing dance around DAC...

I'd be kinda surprised if they are in fact tradable once it's all said and done.

I expect them to be phased out gradually, as all engagements have been fullfilled and all backer playtime has been spent.

I must say i am happy to have a full set of DAC at the moment as i do not think the new prices actually resemble the worth of DU, even FF14 can be played cheaper as DU. If you really want people to join, dont throw the highest sub prices at them.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm finding Sponsor Pack does not have lifetime Sub?? I was always under the impression the pack I bought had this perk. Shit paying for 2 sub's I don't think will happen. I just tried logging in and my main is getting the 112 error. So Now I'm extremely confused.

3 hours ago, Sophist said:

So I'm finding Sponsor Pack does not have lifetime Sub?? I was always under the impression the pack I bought had this perk. Shit paying for 2 sub's I don't think will happen. I just tried logging in and my main is getting the 112 error. So Now I'm extremely confused.

No, you should have DACs, you have to convert them to game time on your account page