NEW PRICE AT LAUNCH - Starting Sept. 27, 2022 - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

2 hours ago, Jinxed said:

My thoughts can be summed up in one image. First month not looking good. 

uvzpFI4.png

That might be a little misleading if not put into context with other MMOs, look at the first month of Lost Ark or New World. They start on launchday with massive numbers and then quickly start to decline. Lost Ark recovered a bit after after loosing more then half their players in two months. New World numbers kept plummeting. Compared to that, the decline of player numbers isn't that bad. It;s just a LOT less players overall.

Also keep in mind that these are the average number of players online, not players that have played that day. I suspect you're also seeing here less time per account/player being played. After the initial rush people are slowing down, getting back to normal. Etc.

That is not to say that DU is in a healthy state, but not as bad as the graph might indicate...

What might make matters way worse and won't show in the Steam Charts is the fact that a LOT of DU players from alpha/beta have subscription time, either from the KS, Foundation packs, DACs, or just bought many months or years already. That money has already been spent by NQ and we'll have to see if those accounts/players will still be around when their subscriptions/DAC run out...

200-300 current players on Steam, most of the times. Yeah yeah there's players not on Steam (like myself) but let's not spin this. It's TERRIBLE. How long will it take for NQ to understand that you are NOT going to survive without incoming new players and that this price is not anywhere near a realistic monthly price?

I'm not even complaining, I still have 10 DACs left but.. come on! I want the game to survive.

Lower the price.

Give new members more to do. More missions.

NPC buy orders so that they can find their ground... without being forced to be drones in orgs. (I was going to write "big orgs" but with 200 ppl playing at the same time, "big" would be misleading). 

Please note that even the debate in this forums is starting to disappear. People are just giving up on you, NQ.

I say this with great sadness :(

9 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

And I claimed TWO ....

Me too.  I'd say that perhaps, maybe, 1000 Patrons/Kickstarter type backers have come back.  

I was shocked yesterday (a weekend when presumably most play) when I actually saw another player on Madis - besides at Markets.  Alioth Market 6 seems to be busy most of the time, but that is the only spot in this "universe" (of 5 planets), that I routinely see other people.  And god help anyone if it remains that way and the game does succeed - landing there now is a major hassle.

19 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

And I claimed TWO ....

Me, too.  Or is that two… lol. 

so imagine if everyone was claiming two, that’s 650 avatars. Knowing that some people have half a dozen alts means there could be less than 500 kickstarters/patrons who even bothered to log back in. 

still, we don’t know how many people didn’t get their STUs. I know one of my Alts just received it a few days ago and used it yesterday. 

On 11/14/2022 at 6:29 AM, Jinxed said:

I think the fact that only 1300 sanctuary tiles have been claimed so far speaks volumes.  

I think it says something about the delay in issuing Sanc TUs, too. I've got one of those sat in my nanopack, and  zero motivation to fly over there and plant it. I'm sure I'm not the only one, given the comments in the "Where STU, NQ?" threads. But all those peeps who have the chance to claim a Sanc tile have already paid for the privilege of being here for this first period, at least, so are not adding to NQ's money pile at all.

With the removal of calibration mining (exchanging calibration charges for ore by simply placing/calibrating/removing/placing...) my final org member is re-evaluating their commitment to the game.  They have (4) paid up accounts they run, and did calibration mining in order to mine enough Chromium (which the org has a territory with some on) to make the space fuel he needed to fuel his other efforts.  Those efforts include scanning over 400 tiles on Alioth without a single T2 hit and hundreds of scans on moons with the same result.  Bless him for the effort - I would not have that patience.

They are turned off by taxes on territories, not to mention extremely frustrated at territory scanning.  This is suppose to be a fun game, those numbers above can not be viewed by any sane person as "fun".

Personally, I dread my twice weekly "Calibrate day" when I blow at least 3 hours using my 3 accounts to calibrate our 65+ mining units.  That's just drudgery, which I do to pay for the territory taxes on the 15 territories involved, and to have cash left to pay for schematics.  

We are shifting efforts to our L core space station and hoping that Roid hunting will make for happier days.  But Roid hunting requires a block of time (say 3+ uninterrupted hours) for us both to be available, and that is not common.   Throw the risk of having our ship blown up because the two of us are in Roid tunnels, and, well... I just don't see it lasting.

• 2 months later...