NEW PRICE AT LAUNCH - Starting Sept. 27, 2022 - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

8 hours ago, Cybob19 said:

Then finally: they did lower the price in an attempt to approach the problem with an economics mindset, and I am convinced it did jack sheet: you don't pick DU because it's cheaper, you pick DU because you want a game like DU... Who the [filtered] goes: well I wanted to play the scifi-sandbox but the fantasy-mmo is cheaper so I pick that instead?! It's not a thing.

That makes no sense logically... sure I'm not going to play a fantasy MMO because DU is too expensive, but I will absolutely not play DU if for the same price I can buy 4-6 full priced AAA games... if $10 wasnt enough for server operations this game would have died years ago, and if the playerbase has dropped off that badly, excluding more of the playerbase wont help. I cant think of a single company that gained more customers by raising their prices. Given the choice between almost $150 a month, and not playing Dual... I'll take not playing Dual

Even more ridiculous of all this story is that the game was not too bad, then we started to assist to the desperate attempt from the devs to reduce the cost of the server and doing so they destroyed the game with new boring mechanics and trying to slow down the progresses. Reducing also the ability for players to use industries and transforming the mining in the horrible actual state. They advertised a game full of player's constructions, practically entire cities.. and now.. look at that. It will never be again like that.

After assisting powerless to this frenetic attempt of cost saving now we are assisting to an increase of prices that it is simply ridiculous.

BYE NQ the result of the last 2 years behaviour and not caring about the community is what you are going to get now. Probably there only JC was the one caring about the future of this game infact it is not anymore there probably because of the direction that DU was going to have. This is what I think.

I'm also thinking that this money speculation makes you not deserving of all the hard work that people like me and others made in this game to increase its value. I will consider to don't give you the rights to use my scripts in your game anymore since the scripts are protected and for no reason should be used from other to earn money. Let's see how it will end up.

look it is what it is, this game had major promise and i spent hours everyday grinding at this game and was so excited for it i got everyone i could on, but you guys got too popular too fast, you let it go to your head and stopped listening to the majority of your fan base and who got you where you were. you had that mentality that "o well, we're popular now, we dont need you anymore." and now in a last ditch effort you're trying to wipe the progress of your last few member and resale a game called "DUAL" universe with 1 universe lmao trying to milk this one for all its worth when you could have just improved the game the way your fans were cheering you on for so long to do. well good luck and hope you guys turn this game around one day. it could start a whole next evolution in gaming if you pull it back to how it used to be

On 9/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, NQ-Wanderer said:

If you’d like to share your thoughts with us on the NEW PRICE AT LAUNCH, please let us know them below 👇

Feels like this wasn't thought through at all. You're going to lose more money from people that were already on the fence from the lack of content and developer choices, then you will gain from increasing price. The hype for the game has all but fizzled. Starbase was a foreshadowing of what is going to happen to DU, and they didn't even have sub cost.

I bought into the game years ago, but never played it. None of the 4 people that planned to play with me are going to even bother trying the free trial now. This has pretty much made it so I will never play it. I may play whatever time I get with the package I bought, if I even get any. I don't even know anymore since it doesn't tell me anywhere. But I'll definitely not buy any more time. It's nowhere near worth it, sorry. It's obvious to even someone barely paying attention that you have zero cares about the community. There's a negative image of the company before it even launches, all over reddit, steam and youtube.

Good luck though. Hope you have an ace up your sleeves and pull out a miracle instead of a Starbase.

This game is nothing more than a cash grab.  Taking advantage of the normies and the gamers suffering from SFB.  

NQ is cutting their losses and making back what they can and then milking this barren, lifeless, pay-to-wait, boring, non-sandbox sandbox game for the little it's worth.

The real entertainment will come from the reviews.  Watching the white-knights try to defend this game from real criticism is going to be fun to watch.

P.S.  all you plebs that said you where not going to play if there was a wipe... lol   Looks like you're all still here, lol

/feelsbadman   my saltiness comes from what could have been if the devs made an adventure game around the voxel building and industry, instead of treating the builders like the red headed step children and catering to the corporation and pvp players.  

/RIP what-could-have-been-DU

5 hours ago, Zireaa said:

I can just imagine what the steam reviews are going two

look like in the state the game is in (mostly negative )

Publishing the game on Steam as a released game instead of beta or early access is one of the worst decisions I could imagine NQ doing. Even worse for using materials (trailers, screenshots) from alpha and early beta, of things that probably never will exist again.  Not to mention that Steam alone is already going to eat through the $5 increase in subscription because they get to keep 30% of all sales anyways (which, if everyone ends up going to Steam, will mean NQ raising prices again to keep up).

I really want DU to succeed and even bought 6 months for my alt as a way of trusting them, but in absolutely no way I agree with their current decision making and really hope the Steam reviews don't hit as bad as I predict them hitting...

On 9/23/2022 at 4:51 PM, Roland_Clavain said:

So people who backed the kickstarter and bought both alpha and beta keys get no deal on the cost of the game outside of "6 days of free subscription?"

Backers will received DACs - Dual Universe Access Coupons - each of which is good for 1 month to time codes.  As a Patron backer, I'll get 12 - worth roughly what I invested back in 2018.  I think the company line is that Beta subscriptions were discounted because it was beta, but that the new pricing was always what they  had in mind (and that is reflected in the number of DACs vs. backing cost).

And in case you missed it, you can still buy subscriptions (through the 26th) at the old price via:

https://store.markeedragon.com/index.php?cat=360

All time codes applied now will carry forward on launch.

13 minutes ago, CdnBass said:

Funny launch is the 27th but the prices have already been increased gong to be thinking really hard on if this game is worth it. 

The Markeedragon link above still has the old prices for the next few hours (changes sometime on the 27th, not sure when)

yep,

byebye

It was fun when it lasted but the monthly cost will kill DU. 

asking this for a semi working empty sandbox and everything is limited to death with no real pvp or colaboration and the best it offers is calibration mini games.

You have offended probably your whole playerbase.

not in beta anymore........you never entered beta all we have seen here was at best open alpha.

If my boss starts running his business like this i am gone look for a new job Very fast.

22 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

yep,

byebye

It was fun when it lasted but the monthly cost will kill DU. 

Not arguing any of your points, but as a Patron at least you can play for free via your DACs for a year.  Perhaps not immediately, since the DAC system was still offline the last time I checked, but presumably soon.

16 hours ago, Pleione said:

Not arguing any of your points, but as a Patron at least you can play for free via your DACs for a year.  Perhaps not immediately, since the DAC system was still offline the last time I checked, but presumably soon.

No we cant, they even messed That up.

WTF where are you living guys with this Pricing for such a Game?

I tought there was some improvement since i am not playing, but its still the same. The Steam comments will kill you.

i also expected you to try and bring back old players for free. I dont want to start playing again on a crap Demo Server but also dont want to pay 15$ to see what you did since the last years.

i thought you were going to start a second chance via steam, but you won't get many players that way. Not the old ones and certainly not the new ones. How can you be so out of touch with reality. The game had potential, but this will never be something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, Aaron Cain said:

yep,

byebye

But you're still here.. LOL.

On 9/24/2022 at 6:51 AM, Roland_Clavain said:

So people who backed the kickstarter and bought both alpha and beta keys get no deal on the cost of the game outside of "6 days of free subscription?"

I got 12 DACs for my main account and 3 DACs for my second account.

7 hours ago, Pleione said:

Me too... but I'm going through almost daily love/hate/get pissed off cycles.

sort of the same, well and not puting in money untill all my friends can actually enter and actually get their rewards including STU.

They are still waiting.

Yep that would probably also be me.....

Frankly i am really pissed, payed good cash and there was no delay there to pluck it from my bank account but now the rewards should come in.......waiting from 27th september and still nothing.

yeah the dac came in and well nice but with no STU there is no way i can actually park near my friends.

We had the idea to build together on multiple hexes but that dream is already gone, and sure it is no problem to fly over and stuff but the idea about all people getting their stuff at the same time so everyone could look for a nice stu placement spot at the same time, boy You messed up!

Is this enough to actually stop playing DU? probably for most it is not but for me its just another nail and a token of disrespect to all those who have backed NQ in making DU possible. What would have helped? well maybe freezing all stu placement untill its fixed, just like the dac issue, but better then that would have been to just test it prior to launch and sent out the gifts in a way players/backers could actually check if all was there. should have been possible as i guess there should be databases that keep check on sent and received gifts and so all. If thats not then probably everyone with already sent gifts can probably sent in tickits too and the mess will be even bigger.

Would be nice to get the STU today, or this weekend. I was told one (not so good) spot is left to place it, so im in a hurry ><

STUs are not all one would hope for.  I was lucky, my two showed up within an hour or so of launch (but, no, they were not there when I first logged in).

Good news:  all Tier 1 and Tier 2 ores are available on Sanctuary.

Bad News:  Only Tier 1 ores are mineable.  

Territory adjacent bonuses don't work.

Territory adjacent bonuses are only for territories owned by the same person or organization (not just a Sanctuary thing)

Basically I left 1 alt behind on Sanctuary to mine my two tiles for profit - selling most everything it makes.  Kills me to sell ore when I'm short on my main factory currently on Alioth, but no easy way to shuttle stuff there until I manage to make a lot larger ship - and by then I'll probably be on Madis.

• 4 weeks later...