NEW PRICE AT LAUNCH - Starting Sept. 27, 2022 - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

Excuse me, but I think it's a dream that this game is no longer a beta. Also that it should have a value of 12,99€ (times Euro in my room). When I launch the game, which is more like half a game with no content, it will compete with real games bulging with content. How, please, does this price reflect the content of the game? Then please, slap a shop still in the game for cosmetic things so you can survive financially.

shoudda stuck with it all the way

you gave them some % so they could complain about backers not contributing, now they will complain about the new price, and you missed out on money in the meantime

wasn't the game cheapest when the servercosts were highest too?!

our state-of-the-art server infrastructure, which powers our single-shard universe.

You mean AWS, that grinds to a halt every other time there's a new patch, or every time there's a wednesday in the week.

Also what Zarcata said. You're gonna charge full price for half a game? What a joke.

Edit:

Obviously, the game won’t be in a beta state anymore when it launches on September 27th.

And this is a flat-out lie. The game is barely out of alpha, every bug fix introduces new bugs. "Won't be in a beta state" my ass.

Edited by Mncdk1

15$ for some complete-universe-huge-content-amount-mmo's and 15$ for almost empty DU with no options to even spend resources, except for gathering more resources.

I don't know guys, looks waaay too ambitious for your game in current state.

Hope these "DAC" wait until I activate it manually, maybe, later, when (if) it will be worth playing.

• Obviously, the game won’t be in a beta state anymore when it launches on September 27th.
    It's a joke, right?

• Our revenue share on Steam is much lower compared to operating the game on our website. 
    Then there was bad negotiation with Steam, was it the only way new players would be lured into the game in a media-friendly and cheap way?

• Our economic environment has evolved dramatically, with rampant inflation and the huge variations in the US Dollar to Euro exchange rate.
    For some time now, the rate has been constant at 1:1

It disappoints me that the prices cannot reflect what the game represents. If it was true to the game content, you would have lowered the subscription. But well, I understand that AWS is expensive and the money is hardly worth it in the current times. But I beg you, if you are facing bankruptcy and the whole project is dead, say so and don't drag the players down with you. It is negligent to think that new players will stay for a long time via Steam, accordingly you get some funds now, but in the long run the game will not be able to keep players over 6-12months and keep them busy. Has this been considered?

I am a silver backer am I going to need to buy subscription time or am I going to start paying $15 a month after you give me one downloadable access coupon. I'm not very happy about paying more money quite obviously but I'd like to know right now so I don't miss out on something like I did with the Ruby package if I need to purchase a subscription for 12 months so you don't charge me an extra $80 in 12 days

I chose to get a silver package as opposed to a ruby package for the challenge of seeing if the dual access coupons which were promised to be made widespreadly available in game we're still going to be as formidable of a factor or if the company is just going to need additional funding. I appreciate the honesty that the company is showing with its supporters as it goes to launch this game however I tried to reinvest in this game through the staff I also tried to purchase a ruby subscription from someone else and was told that that was not allowed I quite obviously want to pursue this endeavor but really need a better idea of just how much money you guys are going to want.  So as a silverbacker do I need to give you some 90 odd dollars right now or are you going to attempt to pull a hundred and something odd dollars from me over the course of the year if I fail to do so right now

49 minutes ago, Vyvacia said:

I chose to get a silver package as opposed to a ruby package for the challenge of seeing if the dual access coupons which were promised to be made widespreadly available in game we're still going to be as formidable of a factor or if the company is just going to need additional funding. I appreciate the honesty that the company is showing with its supporters as it goes to launch this game however I tried to reinvest in this game through the staff I also tried to purchase a ruby subscription from someone else and was told that that was not allowed I quite obviously want to pursue this endeavor but really need a better idea of just how much money you guys are going to want.  So as a silverbacker do I need to give you some 90 odd dollars right now or are you going to attempt to pull a hundred and something odd dollars from me over the course of the year if I fail to do so right now

Regular Silvers get 10 DACs (though your forum title says Sponsor which is 7 DACs), so you should have them on your account page and be able to use them when the game releases, no need to pay anything now

7 minutes ago, Honvik said:

I thought DACs were doubling on pledges or did thst go ?

I think that was assuming sub price would stay at $7, but with this increase it is closer to what was originally said in the kickstarter so the value per dac matches up

Well I upgraded my subscription so I went from bronze to silver I paid 60 bucks and then I paid another $60 to get another sanctuary territory unit which they have informed me I will no longer be getting as we are not going to be allowed a sanctuary territory unit outside of the single one that they are going to provide even though they provided everyone within an original sanctuary territory unit which would have made my sanctuary unit total two upon the launch of beta... I really feel like they conned me into buying a sanctuary territory unit by pretending like they were going to offer me one with just the bronze package at the time of beta..

it makes it quite apparent what's happening financially I think that they need to be working a lot harder and if there are not quite a few things that have been changed upon launch and a massive amount of content released within the subsequent months following this game's release they aren't going to get $20 a month from people who are paying 15 and additionally doubling the price from saying it was so fair to charge $7 is saying that inflation has doubled the price of the world economy in the past two years which is not true.....

Both prices are negligible. I don't see why anyone would complain about a five dollar difference. You spend more than that on a drive in gas. 

I am more than happy to pay this price for this game. 

Imo DU needs way more players so that emergence can happen and make DU successful.

Do you really think, this way DU gets more players?
Well im one of the biggest fans of DU, but i really dont think the Game is ready for a full sub price yet.
And even if it would... man... double the price?
No promissed AvA and no Terriory Warfare yet, that are two of the features that were promissed for Release.
The Game is not in Version 1.0 but at 0.31
You serious?
April fools?
I guess with this high charge, i will spend my 24 DACs for my Patron pack that were promissed...
And then so sad that it is, i will think about leaving DU

Your #DUFanNo1

41 minutes ago, Haunty said:

I think that was assuming sub price would stay at $7, but with this increase it is closer to what was originally said in the kickstarter so the value per dac matches up

That is correct.

40 minutes ago, Vyvacia said:

Well I upgraded my subscription so I went from bronze to silver I paid 60 bucks and then I paid another $60 to get another sanctuary territory unit which they have informed me I will no longer be getting as we are not going to be allowed a sanctuary territory unit outside of the single one that they are going to provide even though they provided everyone within an original sanctuary territory unit which would have made my sanctuary unit total two upon the launch of beta... I really feel like they conned me into buying a sanctuary territory unit by pretending like they were going to offer me one with just the bronze package at the time of beta...

Hi Vyvacia.
There were never Sanctuary Territories included in Bronze or Silver Founder Packs.
This perk came only with Supporter Packs (Contributor, Sponsor, Patron).
What are exactly the packs you currently own?
There might be a misunderstanding somewhere.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar

So just to recap. You are wiping all of our player made content and progress from the last two years, going from Beta to Launch with almost no real new content/systems ready at launch (only quality of life improvements) and now you are more than doubling the price of the monthly subscription? Do you guys say these things out loud in meetings before you announce them? You know it sounds crazy right?