Space Station Combat Mechanics

MarionXadi

There's a brief warning in the wiki that space stations are subject to combat outside of safe zones. I'm looking for more detail on what that looks like.

I found a brief description of how base shields work.

Is there a description of the steps you need to take to destroy a base?

Is there a way to take over a station?

Given that stations have a clear disadvantage vs other constructs in terms of cross-section and mobility will there be something to balance that? Maybe the base shield mechanic is meant to address that?

Here is NQ driving game logic:

warning, unlike other NQ game mechanics, this one is surprisingly fulfilling, complicated and highly nuanced so be warned that the learning curve to know whether or not your space station is in danger is steep:

if SpaceStation in SafeSpace:

state = everyThing100pcAllOK

else:

state = youreBasicallyFukt

I know it’s a lot to take in but this is 2022, and sandbox games are deep af these days. 

2 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

if SpaceStation in SafeSpace:

state = allok

else:

state = fukt

They have to find it first.  Are there any current examples of non-safe stations that have yet to be found?

19 hours ago, Wyndle said:

They have to find it first.  Are there any current examples of non-safe stations that have yet to be found?

That would be hard to prove since nobody's found them yet.

A bit like the DU version of Bertrand Russell's Golden Teapot. lol.

True, they have to find the station first, but obfuscation alone is rarely a successful military strategy: Merely delaying the inevitable. At some point you WILL be found and at that point you are toast...

Here is actual proof from my neck of the woods that even a master ninja gets detected eventually:

Spoiler

I love Japan so much.

2 hours ago, Haunty said:

After release I'll afk travel into deep space for 24 hours or so and deploy a small station and see how long it takes for someone to find it

They will not! We have had over 10 warp beacons in PvP space for 8 months now. None have ever been found. 

You should all know that the chances of finding a randomly placed station increases exponentially with the distance from the most populated area. The statistical chances become infinitesimal very quickly. Though I am not a fan of the current mechanic, it is entirely logical to use hiding as a military tactic in this case. 

NQ doesn't want us to do PvP.

No territory control in space, ridiculous radar range.

There are warp beacon and stations with shield who hide all over the place.

But if you are unable to win a head-on fight against the biggest faction in the game, you are guaranteed to have it destroyed if it find.

STILL NO [filtered]ING TERRITORY WAR MECHANICS TO ALLOW THE SMALL GROUP TO DO DEEP DEFENSE.