Retrieving schematics push them in nanopack

Leniver

Hello,

I know it's a detail, but why schematics work differently than all the other items? Its add more confusion.
When you retrieve schematics they don't go in the selected container (nanopack or linked container) they go systematically in your nanopack.

If you have a dedicated container for schematics, you have to push them manually. (boring gameplay to move stuff again and again + more operation on the server)
If they were working like all the rest, you just have to select the right container before retrieving and the job is done.

Kind regards

I am not sure that NQ ever acknowledged that this was a bug, but they did say it would go to the active container, so I assume this is a bug that they just have neglected to fix.

It does surprise me though that this type of stuff happens. I would think that however they code this, linked container support would be baked in and it would go to your "active" container unless overridden. There are only a few cases where it should also go to your nanopack, like when compacting a ship.

It does seem like system overload that there are so many disparate menus that work independently without overlap and obviously do not use the same inventory handling back end.  For those who remember the game prior to schematics it is patently obvious that the system used is an afterthought rather than a fully realized system.   I don't abhor the way schematics are used to temper production capabilities of individuals and viability of mega factories but the prior inventory system should be respected (or uniformly adjusted) by the new additions.  To restate my prior sentiment; schematics should be placed in containers and moved by transfer units like any other products input to industries.