BACK TO GAME CAMPAIGN - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

Same issue.  Returning player receiving "Not authorized to connect to private server (error:112)".

Update - I checked my DU profile again and a message along the lines of "welcome back - product added" showed up. I'm now able to login!

Edited by Frotth

On 9/27/2022 at 5:52 PM, Frotth said:

Update - I checked my DU profile again and a message along the lines of "welcome back - product added" showed up. I'm now able to login!

I do not see this message on either my wifes or my kids account, what is going on?

6 hours ago, MarionXadi said:

Do Alpha Testers also need to pay for the game itself?

Or do we need to pay for the base game before we can apply our DACs?

No, you can redeem your DACs from your account page on the website

A week into the two weeks free trial and a few things spring to mind:

- I miss the old mining system (planet side), but I quite like the mining units.

- The Voxel precision tool is great: so many nagging bits in my old designs that I had given up on can now be fixed; big thumbs up on this one

- Schematics still don't make much sense from a lore point of view and it adds yet another time gate, but the ability to trade them is nice.

- Haven is a "butt-ugly" moon... I miss my Sanctuary tile :( (seriously though, was this moon designed with the express intent to make people want to venture out to the other planets? Because it certainly gives me that vibe)

- Building still rocks (the voxel side of it anyway, for everything else the game is lagging its competitors quite badly; some more effort on this front will be necessary if you want to stay relevant in the market)

- Can't comment on the PvP side. DU's oversimplified approach to it has never appealed to me.

- The new/updated tutorials are well done... but you might want to guide new players to them a bit more vigorously. I've seen the same questions pop up on the help channel so many times over the last week it's actually amusing by this point :D (soon to become annoying and then exasperating) 

Can't say I'll stick with it after the 2 weeks are done. There are too many time gates and not enough content when compared with other titles that do not have recurring subscription fees. This is not meant as an attack or a call for action, it is merely an observation.

In conclusion, I would say the game has (or is) a solid foundation.

The question is: "What do you plan on building on top of it?" ;) 

On 10/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, Aaron Cain said:

Looks like this is not activated for beta players with no DAC or playtime, so players who got a key can actually Not get ingame to claim their stuff without paying a sub

No, if an account hasn't put any money into the game, you don't get any free play time.

You have to have paid for the base account itself or alternatively paid for at least one month of subscription. So people who gifted themselves their 4 Beta keys to use as Alts are going to only be able to play with their original Alpha account.

On 10/4/2022 at 12:52 AM, StaticAstraeus said:

In conclusion, I would say the game has (or is) a solid foundation.

The question is: "What do you plan on building on top of it?" ;) 

THE SPACE MMO ENTIRELY BUILT AND DRIVEN BY PLAYERS

cut from the front page of the site pretty much answers that question. They will point to that any time players say there is a lack of content.

51 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Indeed as @Jinxed stated/quoted we have to build the rest ourselves.

It would help to get the least portion of limitations as possible and the largest cores as possible to actually make this happen ;) and off-course a healthy full dose of inspiration

Right, right... "Emergent Gameplay" was it? 
There are many things I could say to that, but this is not the place, and the time has long since passed. 

@DU: Good luck with that, you'll need it.

Edited by StaticAstraeus
Clarity

On 10/7/2022 at 8:23 PM, Jinxed said:

THE SPACE MMO ENTIRELY BUILT AND DRIVEN BY PLAYERS

cut from the front page of the site pretty much answers that question. They will point to that any time players say there is a lack of content.

can u make items? can u make npcs??? no, u cant. what do u have with an empty world full of beautiful buildings and ships made by the players? a foundation or u could just say an empty world. the game needs more. its not an attack to point out the obvious. not everyone likes to build and if u dont, there isnt really alot there for u. there are alot of games like this that does each of these things differently. so lots of examples to pull from how they want to do theirs.