Stories of Inter-Organizational Conflict

MediatorJ

I'm looking for description of inter-organizational conflict (i.e. conflict within an organization or alliance) that happened during Beta. Managing orgs can be difficult, and sometimes.... expectations and interests of the members are not in sync. Does anyone have stories/descriptions of any non-violent conflict (e.g. power struggle, usurping a Super Legate, disputes over direction and goals, disputes that break up the organization, etc.) that happened and how the Organization or its leaders responded?

Why? I'm interested in hanging out my shingle in-game as someone who mediates these kinds of disputes and provides other non-combat conflict resolution to organizations and individuals. Maybe even have an organization of mediators, arbitrators and organizational ombuds.

Please let me know your experiences!

MediatorJ

• 2 weeks later...

He asked for org conflicts "that happened during Beta"; Terran Union fizzled out in sept 2019.

However, for a relatively full account of the affair, please look for "Too Large for Comfort: a History of Terran Union" and "What Happened to the Terran Union" at the Lexikon library (VR "Lexikon").

On 9/17/2022 at 4:30 AM, Peregrin said:

He asked for org conflicts "that happened during Beta"; Terran Union fizzled out in sept 2019.

However, for a relatively full account of the affair, please look for "Too Large for Comfort: a History of Terran Union" and "What Happened to the Terran Union" at the Lexikon library (VR "Lexikon").

Interesting, is this going to be recreated post launch?

8 hours ago, DarkHorizon said:

Interesting, is this going to be recreated post launch?

You mean the Lexikon Library ? Yes it will, since it is my personal opus in DU: an ingame public place for tales and essays by many authors (Beta-Lexikon had 45 "books" and art/ document viewing galleries).

There are not many pure blooded Terrans left from that era... Only a small hand full that I know of that even still check in here and there on the game. "Beyond those damned traitors that is!" 

Still have a log of everything sent on the old TU server though. If anyone is interested in that. I would be more than willing to provide un-redacted transcripts. It is mostly text, but I still have access to some of the media accounts, and of course the old server. 

Edited by Wilks Checkov

On 9/28/2022 at 6:31 AM, Wilks Checkov said:

Still have a log of everything sent on the old TU server though. If anyone is interested in that. I would be more than willing to provide un-redacted transcripts. It is mostly text, but I still have access to some of the media accounts, and of course the old server. 

Hello Wilks,

If that is not too much of a hassle to you, I'm interested, please.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, Peregrin said:

Hello Wilks,

If that is not too much of a hassle to you, I'm interested, please.

Just yell, off work tues / wed. And on most of the day today.