Will there be trackable roids on launch day?

Honvik

The DSAT only requires T1 ore.  You don't have to leave Haven to produce them.  The groups that pool effort and resources can have a DSAT very fast and many DSAT in a short order from there.  In other words, it will be on the market after the groups get first pickings.

15 hours ago, Wyndle said:

The DSAT only requires T1 ore.  You don't have to leave Haven to produce them.  The groups that pool effort and resources can have a DSAT very fast and many DSAT in a short order from there.  In other words, it will be on the market after the groups get first pickings.

You will need to build some M sized industry machines then an L assembly line first.  Then build an XL assembly line from that to make a DSAT (I think).  Then build the DSAT in there.  That's probably the critical path with other things able to happen in parallel.  IDK how long the schematic copies take though.

2 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

You will need to build an L assembly line first.  Then build an XL assembly line from that to make a DSAT (I think).  Then build the DSAT in there.  That's probably the critical path with other things able to happen in parallel.  IDK how long the schematic copies take though.

The DSAT and the XL Assembly line require T1 XL Element schematic at 3 hours 20 minutes each.  The L Assembly line requires T1 L Element schematic at 100 minutes.  The M Assembly line requries T1 M Element schematic at 50 minutes.  The S Assembly line can be crafted in the nanopack.  Once you get to the L Assembly line you will need other M Elements to produce the components but you're still not adding a lot of time to the process.  Schematic copy time is way less than the time to gather the required ore for a solo player.  A large group can, in theory, have enough ore to produce elements as soon as the schematics are done copying. 

It is technically possible for a DSAT to be on a ship in under 24 hours from launch, but that may not be the best course of action.  I suspect that line of logic is why this thread was posted in the first place:  We can make the DSAT on day one, but if there are no rocks until Saturday it would be a waste of time and resources to rush one.

41 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

The DSAT and the XL Assembly line require T1 XL Element schematic at 3 hours 20 minutes each.  The L Assembly line requires T1 L Element schematic at 100 minutes.  The M Assembly line requries T1 M Element schematic at 50 minutes.  The S Assembly line can be crafted in the nanopack.  Once you get to the L Assembly line you will need other M Elements to produce the components but you're still not adding a lot of time to the process.  Schematic copy time is way less than the time to gather the required ore for a solo player.  A large group can, in theory, have enough ore to produce elements as soon as the schematics are done copying. 

It is technically possible for a DSAT to be on a ship in under 24 hours from launch, but that may not be the best course of action.  I suspect that line of logic is why this thread was posted in the first place:  We can make the DSAT on day one, but if there are no rocks until Saturday it would be a waste of time and resources to rush one.

I don't think the schematic copy times are the bottleneck.  It's the actual building time which bottlenecks things.  But you probably could just about have one in 24 hours.

Regardless, DSAT could be in game before Saturday after launch and the topic question is relevant.  Odds are high that we won't get an answer short of actually going through the process ourselves. 

4 hours ago, Wyndle said:

Regardless, DSAT could be in game before Saturday after launch and the topic question is relevant.  Odds are high that we won't get an answer short of actually going through the process ourselves. 

Yep.  I have seen many questions asked on this forum.  Very few are ever answered.  Occasionally something happens which makes me wonder if NQ might be reading these threads.

Perhaps Aphelia can come down here and answer some stuff from time to time ....

I'm sure some of them are reading the forums since that is part of some of their job titles.  I suspect that their low levels of interaction, and evasiveness during, was either suggested or outright demanded by a lawyer.  It wouldn't need to be a lawyer representing NQ either.  Any one of their investors could have even politely asked for it to turn out this way.  

Meh.  Knowing what's in the sausage doesn't ruin it for me, but it doesn't make it taste better either.

21 hours ago, Wyndle said:

I'm sure some of them are reading the forums since that is part of some of their job titles.  I suspect that their low levels of interaction, and evasiveness during, was either suggested or outright demanded by a lawyer.  It wouldn't need to be a lawyer representing NQ either.  Any one of their investors could have even politely asked for it to turn out this way.  

Meh.  Knowing what's in the sausage doesn't ruin it for me, but it doesn't make it taste better either.

I'm not so sure.  Seems like we get completely ignored until someone  says something and gets banned.

Perhaps grepping the forums is a more accurate term.

Just for giggles I was looking through the Alpha NDA section of the forum.  It looks almost exactly the same as the general forums.  People pointing out things that are less than ideal, asking the same questions as the person two days before, and claiming the game dead because of feature X being or not being in the game.  The good news?  A few of the issues pointed out there are fixed according to the patch notes in Release Candidate 1. 

Being able to have that perspective helps a bit.  I may not be able to name specifics due to the NDA, but at least I can say NQ was listening to some of the feedback.

1 hour ago, Wyndle said:

Just for giggles I was looking through the Alpha NDA section of the forum.  It looks almost exactly the same as the general forums.  People pointing out things that are less than ideal, asking the same questions as the person two days before, and claiming the game dead because of feature X being or not being in the game.  The good news?  A few of the issues pointed out there are fixed according to the patch notes in Release Candidate 1. 

Being able to have that perspective helps a bit.  I may not be able to name specifics due to the NDA, but at least I can say NQ was listening to some of the feedback.

Well, that just means they were listening to *someone*.  Not necessarily the forums.

I would love to be proved wrong though.  Someone from NQ could like or reply here and we'd know they're at least reading this stuff.  But will they ....

2 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

But will they ....

Darn.  I was hoping the first response to my statement asked about issues that were called out during Alpha not making it to the fixed list on a patch notes until the release candidate.  Sigh.  Guess I just have to pick on NQ unprovoked this time.  B):P:lol:B)

15 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Seems like we get completely ignored until someone  says something and gets banned.

For a lot of the NQ staff, and especially at this stage of the process, the choice will be between reading/responding, or fixing the game. Depending on how much of a crunch culture there is, and how much of a deathmarch it has been, exhaustion and burnout are also a factor.

For the person/people who’s job is actually community relations, this is less true - but they still may be overstretched or have multiple roles, particularly if resources are constrained. 

On the whole I think we have to cut these people some slack. Most of the time they will be doing the best they can with the cards they’ve been dealt. If there is fault, it will be with the senior management. Either for the way they’ve set up the structures, or just for trying to do too much with too few resources. 

2 hours ago, Samedi said:

For the person/people who’s job is actually community relations, this is less true - but they still may be overstretched or have multiple roles, particularly if resources are constrained. 

Something else to keep in mind is that for each time a NQ* name appears in conversation it significantly increases the number of people directly talking to that individual.  I have been guilty of this as well. 

I try to be playful and helpful on the forums.  There is an infinitely tiny chance I may sometimes consider a tiny bit of trolling in good fun, but you didn't hear that from me. I've been in jobs where everybody wore no less than 5 hats each.  No matter how much you accomplish there is always a handful of other important things that don't get the attention they need.  None of us can make NQ's job easier but you can be sure dozens of people will let them know they missed a spot.