Could someone please shed some light on something.

GraXXoR

I've seen reference to a skill accelerator "event" that apparently gifts 100% bonus to SP gain in the first month, 50% bonus for the second third and fourth months and 25% for the fifth and sixth month after the game starts.

• Is this to everyone regardless of backer status?  Do we just have to have an active account for those months to get the bonus?
  • In the same release notes gumph, it says, "Please make sure you have 6 months of skills queued up"... But why, though? I don't see the need.
  • So if one was a backer for 13+ months or or a Kickstarter or patron, what happens to our skill points? That wasn't mentioned in the release notes.

If anyone less confused than me could explain, I'd be most grateful.

This is how I understand it:

29 minutes ago, Jinxed said:
  • Is this to everyone regardless of backer status?  Do we just have to have an active account for those months to get the bonus?

The "HOW TO PREPARE" message says "The talent point accelerator event, which is open to all players [...]". That sounds like it is regardless of backer status.

• In the same release notes gumph, it says, "Please make sure you have 6 months of skills queued up"... But why, though? I don't see the need.

We don't get the points gifted. The "event" just accelerates the passive talent point accumulation. Therefore you always need to have skills in the talent tree. Having skills queued up for the entire duration of the event is the best way not to miss points.

• So if one was a backer for 13+ months or or a Kickstarter or patron, what happens to our skill points? That wasn't mentioned in the release notes.

It has been mentioned that the reset applies to everything except core blueprints.

First just to be absolutely clear, on September 27th Dual Universe will launch and all player accounts will have their talent points reset to a nominal (near zero) starting value.

• The talent point accelerator event applies to all active subscribers. Backer status has no effect.
  • The 6 months of talent queue was merely a recommendation to ensure that players get the most value out of said event. Feel free pick a different time period if you wish but keep in mind longer queues will help NQ plan for the future since they can pull statistics on them and thus get a feel for what players are specializing in.
  • Being a gold Kickstarter or higher, a Patron Supporter, or having subscribed for 13+ months during the beta phase makes your account eligible for the Exotic Pioneer Pack. If you meet this requirement, have an active subscription, and login to the game at least once during the first month, then you will be awarded the items listed in Pioneer Pack Rewards. The quanta and talent point rewards listed in the packs are distributed at the end of each month for 6 months. Meaning an Exotic Pack owner will get 400,000 quanta and 3 million talent points at the end of each month for 6 months, resulting in a total of 2.4 million quanta and 18 million talent points by the end of the 6 month event. Note that the larger 52.9 million talent point value listed in the graphic also includes passive talent point accumulation (with accelerator) during the first 6 months and is hence a rough estimate for the total number of talent points said pack holder can expect to have at the end of the 6 month launch period.
  • 18627173_CompensationPackage.jpg