It's the hope that kills you

Samedi

I jumped on to the PTS yesterday and was pleased to realise that it has the reset world in it and took me through the starting sequence again.

I've not been through that sequence since the start of the beta, and I must say I found the new version way better.

I also found myself enjoying the feeling of a fresh start - even though of course on the PTS it's only a very temporary one.

If like me you've been feeling very cynical about everything DU, I'd definitely suggest giving the PTS a go. Despite all the things that are still wrong, and all the things that could go wrong with the launch, it seems to have made me feel cautiously optimistic and surprisingly enthusiastic.

I got the same sensation when I started a new account and saw the FTUE myself.  It's a diamond in the rough, and all of us salty players will be the grind tools to shape and polish it into something amazing.

1 hour ago, Samedi said:

I also found myself enjoying the feeling of a fresh start - even though of course on the PTS it's only a very temporary one.

I already spent the last weeks starting from scratch and progressing to a universal T1 factory in order to generate all the core blueprints I might need after reset. And yes, it was quite fun.

I love being that guy, so here we go.  The excitement you feel is manufactured in you imagination,  there is nothing wrong with that.  But the game does not have the foundation, the pillars, or the game loops to turn your excitement into something real.   You are flying high gents... good luck on the landing.

Why didn't I come up with this, this way I can do it 5 times instead of 4. But actually that won't be necessary I'll just make a new email account whenever I feel like playing 2 weeks. The period after where you can do stuff while you wait can hardly be called gaming anyway.