@NQ are the brakes now staying as they are for launch or are you going to change them ?

loaded

this needs to be addressed before launch, as it is now you have ships in the UEF store with airbrakes stacked on top of each other and obstructed by other elements and honeycomb, is it staying like this or changing, this really needs to be finalized before launch

Edited by loaded

12 minutes ago, Yoarii said:

DU is ready for launch, what are you complaining about? :) /s

On a serious note, you're completely correct, @loaded. This has been postponed for such a long time now.

im not compaining at all would just like an answer to the question ive fixed a fair few ships and seems it was for nothing as they didnt impement it after they changed it on the PTS and if theses changes arnt going forward for release i know what i can and cant do in the future, i would like to undo what i had to do to ships to free up space if they arnt going to change it

11 hours ago, loaded said:

im not compaining at all would just like an answer to the question ive fixed a fair few ships and seems it was for nothing as they didnt impement it after they changed it on the PTS and if theses changes arnt going forward for release i know what i can and cant do in the future, i would like to undo what i had to do to ships to free up space if they arnt going to change it

It was meant as a friendly jab, but as that didn't come through - I'm sorry. ❤️

I too did change my ships to follow the "new rules", for no reason it seems now. This *is* a topic NQ needs to address and you're completely right in asking the question.

14 minutes ago, NQ-Nyota said:

Hey there @loaded! Thanks for reporting this issue. I asked about this and I have been told that the UEF Store ships will be fixed for launch. :) 

Does that also mean that the atmospheric brake obstruction will be active on release?

38 minutes ago, Yoarii said:

Does that also mean that the atmospheric brake obstruction will be active on release?

9 minutes ago, loaded said:

this isnt really a clear answer i was looking for lol

It means they don't want to give an answer but they can't leave in rule breaking (even if only an aesthetic rule) in their own shop.

To be completely honest I hope brake stacking stays in at least until we have an assortment of models and shapes for various transport elements.  I can do far more for the impact of the visuals with a stack of L brakes than I can if they all have to be unobstructed; even if they require some portion to be exposed externally.  The M brakes are a better design for incorporating aesthetically on the outside, but obstruction isn't just brake stacks.  Now that I think about it, even the lander in the FTUE has lights over part of the brakes.

It is absurd that release is scheduled and we don't have this mechanic in game, so that we can go to release with ship designs that work. People have tried to build ships that they thought were going to conform to the occlusion rules for brakes, once implemented, and then the orientation was changed. Now we still don't have the final version to test against.

If the UEF ships will be fixed in time, why can we not get the fix in beta, to confirm that it actually works with all of the beta resources?

I would also REALLY like to know what is happening with Element stacking and obstruction.

The current system is still very unpredictable and broken.  Elements that possibly should be affected by the stacking detection, are not.  And Elements that should not be affected, are.

I really don't think that it is a good idea to launch the game with a system that allows you to place an element in a specific position.  And then two days later, after you blueprint the construct and deploy a copy, you discover that some of the elements are considered to be in an incorrect position and need to be moved.

We need to know where it is legal to place an element, as we are placing it, not two days later.

3 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I would also REALLY like to know what is happening with Element stacking and obstruction.

The current system is still very unpredictable and broken.  Elements that possibly should be affected by the stacking detection, are not.  And Elements that should not be affected, are.

I really don't think that it is a good idea to launch the game with a system that allows you to place an element in a specific position.  And then two days later, after you blueprint the construct and deploy a copy, you discover that some of the elements are considered to be in an incorrect position and need to be moved.

We need to know where it is legal to place an element, as we are placing it, not two days later.

During the PTS weekend I went into build mode on a starter outpost and got the element stacking error.  But only once though.  It is, indeed, very broken.

Even without the stackingnsystem it is irritating to click on blue elements and get errors, forcing builds to be trial and error.

You'd think, though, that if ever there was a good time to change the stacking rules for brakes it would be st the same time as a wipe so we don't have to fix a bunch of existing constructs we bought from ship sellers.

16 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

During the PTS weekend I went into build mode on a starter outpost and got the element stacking error.  But only once though.  It is, indeed, very broken.

Even without the stackingnsystem it is irritating to click on blue elements and get errors, forcing builds to be trial and error.

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."  I'm not sure if it is just me but I can't seem to get as close to symmetry as I used to be capable of with element snapping.  Unlikely, but any chance it's related?

16 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

You'd think, though, that if ever there was a good time to change the stacking rules for brakes it would be st the same time as a wipe so we don't have to fix a bunch of existing constructs we bought from ship sellers.

18 hours ago, REPONE said:

Stacking brakes is not rule breaking though, the elements do not glitch.

It may not glitch during placement but it is not conforming to what we were explicitly told the new brake obstruction behavior would be.