KICKSTARTER DIGITAL REWARDS ARE COMING! - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

@NQ-Admin My friend @Quillon is already waiting since day one on his digital ingame stuff, tickets are sent and everything, is there ever going to be a fix, just sent his STU or something? we picked a perfect spot on sanctuary and he already lost that opertunity, now there is only one bad spot close but atleast its close so it would be appreciated that after waiting for a STU for Four days it could be finally sent.

Sending out this post and all others regarding how to fix it are pretty useless if someone who sent in a ticket within a day of launch is just totally ignored.

@Serula @Wyndle
Our apologies for the late reply.
If you haven't seen it already, the monthly subscription is back since launch to its original planned price during the Kickstarter campaign, as mentioned in this news:

This is why the number of DACs for each backer won't change.

@Crash
If you're refering to the DACs contained in the Supporter Packs (Contributor, Sponsor and Patron), yes, it is the same than for the Founder Packs.

@Physics
You should have received your Resurrection Node skin at launch.
If not, please reach out to the Customer Support by writing a ticket on the CS Portal here:
https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@Zeddrick @Celestis
Everyone (Backer players and non-Backer players) spawn on Haven with a normal Territory. Backer players will have a small number of STUs depending on the Backer Packs tied to their account. You can read the details in this announcement:

If you are among those who have some missing STUs, please reach out to the Customer Support by writing a ticket on the CS Portal here:
https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@DutchEasyGamer
The Character Design tokens are not yet available, as they will be usable once we have a more advanced character customization system in the future.

@NeXaMo
It depends. Some Ruby Founder Packs had only the Lifetime Subscription (Ruby Founder Packs with Physical rewards) and some had DACs in addition (Digital & Boosted versions of the Ruby Founder Pack)

@KinG_BigJerk
There was a choice during the Kickstarter campaign (and even during one year after) to choose/swap between Physical or Digital versions of the Founder Packs. Today, it's not possible to change the version: Kickstarter Physical rewards have all been produced, and we're making good progress to fix the last issue of a long serie (finding a new partner to ship them to all the eligible backers), and we hope to be able to ship them before the end of the year.
For Supporter Packs, there was never an option to exchange the physical rewards for extra DACs.

@mghtyred

For the question "when will I have my rewards?" you have a first reply there: 

You should have received some of the Digital rewards at release, last Tuesday.
If you haven't received the ones planned in the announcement mentioned above, please reach out to the Customer Support by writing a ticket on the CS Portal here: https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Other Digital rewards will be released as soon as possible.
Kickstarter Physical rewards have all been produced, and we're making good progress to fix the last issue of a long serie (finding a new partner to ship them to all the eligible backers), and we hope to be able to ship them before the end of the year.

Is this a con?
No. It would have been if you didn't get anything, and that's not the case: as a Ruby Founder backer, you should have at least your lifetime subscription activated and at least 2 STUs right now. If this is not the case, please reach out to the Customer Support. We mean it. The other rewards will come.

Is this taking way more time than expected?
Yes, and we deeply apologize for it as we completely understand your frustration.
Digital rewards took way more time than expected and the dev team had to focus on game polishing as top priority, so we're delivering them progressively, with a few starting at launch. Physical rewards took also way more time than expected, as we had several important issues during production (among them, the statues, which were done twice from scratch, as the previous versions were not to the standard we wanted for our backers), then we had a logistic issue during the pandemic, to gather all the physical rewards in one place, then we had our partner supposed to ship the Physical rewards that cancelled his commitment a few months ago. We understand that the number of years you had to wait until now made the wait incredibly long and again we apologize for that. But we haven't dropped the ball for the Physical rewards, if this what you think. 

@cerveau
The fact that you have the STU on your account with a Supporter Pack and not the one on your Founder Pack confirm what has been uncovered during the ongoing investigation: There shouldn't be any missing STUs coming from the Supporter Packs, as it was a reward included in those packs by default. However, there are some groups of founder backers which seemed to have not received the gift promised at the Supporter Packs release (1 or 2 STUs for Founder backers, depending of the Founder level, starting at Silver).

@Cmdr_Matthew
If you pledged a Ruby Founder pack during the Kickstarter campaign (or during the year after the campaign), the fact that your ruby founder status isn't showing might be because of 2 scenarios possibles:
1) Your kickstarter pledge is not linked (yet) to your Dual Universe account. 
2) Your kickstarter pledge is linked to your Dual Universe account but you activated your profile on the forum not long ago, and it just doesn't show up on the forum. 
If it's the first case, please reach out to the Customer Support by writing a ticket on the CS Portal here: https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
If it's the second case, let one of CMs knows (Nyota, Nicodemus, Rubicon or I) and we will fix it quickly.

@SirRichardTheFirst
Inflation has nothing to do in the story.

First, you compare two things that are not the same: Months of subscriptions and DACs. 
Months of subscriptions have a lower value than DACs.
Months of subscription can only be used for your play time.
DACs can be used for your play time as well, sure, but they can also be gifted to a friend and later, DACs will be also tradable in-game for quantas (in-game money).

Second, the original value for a month of subscription is 13€ and the original value of a DAC is 18€.
For 20 months of subscription, the total value is 260€ before discount and could go down to 200€ if you're under the biggest discount.
For 20 DACs, the total value is 360€ and there is currently no discount available (as they're not purchasable at the moment).

@Aaron Cain
We totally understand the frustration and the ticket of your friend is not ignored: the team is working as fast as possible to solve the issue. We hope to have a fix for beginning of next week that will work for everyone having this issue. However, we can't start giving STU individually as it would create another problem: the fix will not be able to detect if the already existing STUs on each account targeted are coming from packs which worked properly or if it has been added manually from the Customer Support. That being said, would it be possible to have the number of the ticket of your friend, to make sure his account impacted by the issue that will be solved by the fix and not another (like his DU account not properly linked to his Kickstarter pledge)?

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

@NQ-Nyzaltar, Thank you for this detailed response. It is more than I expected to receive from NQ and I am grateful for it. I don't know if I have two STU's, I will have to check. I have used one, so I should by your indication have another one in my inventory. I will check on this shortly as I log back into the game. 

As far as the remainder of the rewards, yes, it has been years, and yes until this reply, dropping the ball after all these years is exactly what I thought NQ had done. Thank you for the apology. I appreciate it. I do believe NQ should issue a formal statement of apology to all of the Kickstarter backers, and give us a detailed timeline of when to receive fulfillment of all rewards, both digital and physical. Again, I appreciate your thoughtful and well thought out reply, but not all of the founders are active on the forums, and questions are still left unanswered. Considering we've been waiting since 2016, this is just unacceptable. Please relay this to the leadership team. 

Again, thank you for your reply. I look forward to a response from NQ leadership. 

@NQ-Nyzaltar How is it that you tell us to fill out a support ticket and then the support ticket tells us: 

> This ticket will be put on hold and get back to you with an update on the situation as soon as it becomes available. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, please don’t hesitate to let us know should you run into any additional issues or have any question.

So yes I have my DAC but no other rewards on my account. Seems your saying one thing in public and some of us aren't seeing any actions.

so everyone who is Ruby Founder will have lifetime sub ( Form mail NQ sent date 17-09-7. Lifetime Subscription (Ruby Founder pledge and above), now is the time to pledge or upgrade! Founder Packs won't be available after September 7th, nor the Lifetime Sub. )=)

Haven't received a single thing. Neither STUs nor anything else. But hey, this is the game where a small light weighs 80kg but a mountain weighs zero and can float, so what else is new ...
And I don't really care anymore. Just perusing the forums for amusement.

@NQ-Nyzaltar

I didn't receive any STU from a long-awaiting sapphire backer status, the package got even wiped from my account (My Products) the day of release when I had to supplement my account with a monthly subscription to be able to play on day one. When DACs were disabled and nowhere to be found anyway days after, though I got 40 by now, no refund for the subscription, don't really mind supporting fro an exytra month at this point. But my patience is really thin.

I sent tickets since day one, even keeping them alive, no answer, no reply, no solution and still missing everything but my in-game title.

Sound like a sad T-Shirt meme : I backed this game and all I got is... this Sapphire Founder title.

At least I'm in the credits lol, yeah me! Nah, to be honest, I got the pioneer reward package and my DACs as well... two Sanctuary territories are "just" free ressources and credits at this point, since all my settlement candidates have long been reserved by someone luckier than me.

Have a nice day and safe travels out there.

Well, my  old ticket said "this week" which has now past, I would like to see this resolved quickly.  I assume Sanc spots ("nice" ones) have been snatched, but I'm not really going to bother playing until I at least log in to what I should have had on day 1.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:05 PM, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

@cerveau
The fact that you have the STU on your account with a Supporter Pack and not the one on your Founder Pack confirm what has been uncovered during the ongoing investigation: There shouldn't be any missing STUs coming from the Supporter Packs, as it was a reward included in those packs by default. However, there are some groups of founder backers which seemed to have not received the gift promised at the Supporter Packs release (1 or 2 STUs for Founder backers, depending of the Founder level, starting at Silver).

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thank you for your response to my query.   However I am not sure i have been fully understood. maybe I am being a little dumb but it is not clear to me from

your quote above, that I will receive a STU on my Gold KS acc.

I have multiple NQ accounts, the Kickstarter Gold (early bird) is an entirely separate account to my sponsor/contributor (alt) account.

Yes I have recieved the STU and cosmetic items correctly on the separate sponsor account, i merely included that as a reference.

My query is for my first account, my primary account which is the Kick starter Gold (early bird) has only received the Pioneer pack and RAF items

from BETA and not any KS items (but im really only concerned atm about the STU), i am aware the other digital rewards as the pets etc will come later, so not to concerned about those atm.

Right now my only wish is for you to Confirm or Not that I will receive 1 STU on my GOLD KS account or that investigations are still on going in that respect.

Thanks cerveau

22 hours ago, Bociwen said:

Well, my  old ticket said "this week" which has now past, I would like to see this resolved quickly.  I assume Sanc spots ("nice" ones) have been snatched, but I'm not really going to bother playing until I at least log in to what I should have had on day 1.

Yeah, because the only surface natron is on Sanctuary, it's been significant setback not receiving the promised STU. 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:46 AM, cerveau said:

Right now my only wish is for you to Confirm or Not that I will receive 1 STU on my GOLD KS account or that investigations are still on going in that respect.

Hey Cerveau, I just wanted to let you know that you will indeed be getting a sanctuary control unit on your gold kickstarter account along with the other rewards you are entitled too. The support team is still investigating the issue and you can read the latest official statement here

3 hours ago, Msoul said:

Hey Cerveau, I just wanted to let you know that you will indeed be getting a sanctuary control unit on your gold kickstarter account along with the other rewards you are entitled too. The support team is still investigating the issue and you can read the latest official statement here

Well thats good news, I read your link, and thank you for taking the time to respond, its appreciated !

I shall rest easy now.

cerveau

I understand the frustration as I myself have not received the rewards !

However, JJ Rousseau once said "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"

Hey who knows, !! maybe we'll get extra rewards for the wait !  🍻😁 Cheers

1 hour ago, Ashron said:

I understand the frustration as I myself have not received the rewards !

However, JJ Rousseau once said "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"

Hey who knows, !! maybe we'll get extra rewards for the wait !  🍻😁 Cheers

While typically this is true of all aspects of life...in business it is an insult to your customers. I own my own business and if there is a pressing issue...ESPECIALLY on something that I was PAID to provide and failed to do so...then updates to my clientele are not only ESSENTIAL...but mandatory. If a client purchased something...and a promise was made to deliver...then failure to provide said items means you are not a trustworthy company and should refund the client/s back...or in the very least make great strides towards completing the obligation and providing regular updates that show you are following through with THAT obligation. 

Instead a product was released and side-stepped those that are owed the product...and charging them to buy it again in order for them to use said product that they already purchased and forfeit the original purchase under the guise of "soon". Unacceptable! I have emailed and received one reply back basically telling me they "hope" to get to fulfilling their obligations with no time table set. I requested politely an estimate on when they hope to achieve this goal and have received no further replies. I have requested 3 additional times in the span of 2 weeks and still no reply. At this stage I would hope soon a class action lawsuit is filed to force their hand or the very least Steam members band together to get Valve to push it off the platform until they are an honest company or just fold. If you offered a product and accept money for that product...then you must provide that product. If you cant, then you shouldn't be allowed to mislead people in order to make financial gains from that misinformation. Period.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my question is if my Patron account will ever get that extra million skill points my Refer a friend accounts have. I find it hard to understand how it makes sense for an original founder account can have a million fewer skill points.

The other stuff looks great and looking forward to it coming.