KICKSTARTER DIGITAL REWARDS ARE COMING! - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

25 minutes ago, Serula said:

In the kickstarter rewards it says I get X DAC worth Y euro's. The value of a dac is about half now. Does that mean we get more DAC's or a less valued pack?

From the way it was worded on kickstarter I believe the # of DAC was the offer, the Y euro was an estimation of the value at the time the offer was presented.  Most contracts and offers have a force majeure clause that would also protect the presenter in a similar circumstance.

How will things work with the STU?  Is it the case that only the backers will have a sanctuary territory unit and everyone else will spawn on Haven?  Or will there be another way to get an STU or the option to spawn on Sanctuary instead?

Quick question, will those backers who were promised 2x Sanctuary Territory Units be getting them both at launch, or is there a delay on the second one?  Plus I believe there were one or two contests (I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THIS IT HAS BEEN A FEW YEARS) where STUs were promised as prizes to the winners, will they be receiving them at launch as well?

Do we spawn on Haven anyway but have to fly ourselves to Sanctuary to place our STU?

Will the shuttle from Alioth to Sanctuary still exist?

If we go to the PTS to try out the new FTUE and we deploy the furniture you have given us in our nanopacks; I presume it will be in our nanopacks again when we launch the new game on 27th September, please confirm this.

Will the tile we choose on the PTS be our tile on Haven after Launch?

Will the Outpost we've chosen on the PTS be our chosen outpost at launch?

I am presuming that the PTS is merely a copy of what we will experience at launch so that anything we do on the PTS will be erased and reset for launch, including anything we do with our nanopacks. I'd just like to have this confirmed please?

I like the new FTUE 🙂

4 hours ago, Bobbie said:

NQ needs to answer the ff-ing question, it's been asked many times ever since the sub prices went down, and again when summer DACs were tested, and again when the launch was announced. They promised a devblog about it. They shouldn't leave it up in the air for another month. It's ff-ing rude.

Yes, NQ should answer the question.  I don't like answering with absolute terms so I used the word believe in my previous response. I believe there is a 99.99999% chance you will get the same quantity of DAC you agreed to.  The only holdout in that belief is the slight chance NQ's lawyer(s) may be forced go with an interpretation the former CEO mentioned off hand. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 8:46 PM, CousinSal said:

This needs to be answered.

Seems like you're not alone assuming this thread is something else than a "discussion thread". The premise was "What will you do with your DACs and other digital Kickstarter rewards, Noveans?" - so the only thing that should go here is praise about all the awesome stuff you'll do with your in-game pets 'n stuff, mkay? It's not meant for you to ask questions. You may discuss your plans with your pets tho, mkay? Oh wait, wait, let me clarify: You may discuss with other Noveans - not with NQ.

Srsly, NQ started this thread and didn't give a single response since then. As always. Did you just join the ride or were you guys asleep for the past 6 years? NQ doesn't answer anything in threads. I should start selling NQ Question Bricks. You could place it on your desk and ask about DU all day long. It would answer all your questions exactly the same way as NQ would - an emulation with up to a guaranteed 105.3% precision. Look at my early concept art. Anyone interested in a premium version?

So what will I do with my... err, what do I get? Let me copy and paste from kickstarter...

• Game at launch (PC Digital)
    -> Launch it, set the skill cue, close it, launch SC.

• Thanks in the credits as early backer
    -> Maybe search for my name. Still feeling a bit salty about that stupid mail not even mentioning "how" my name would be put exactly. Is it gonna be firstname "vertex" lastname, or just the pseudonym or just the real name? Pointless.

• "Ruby Founder" Forum Title
    -> Adore it as should you. Isn't it pretty. It got at least 11 letters and a space. Space is important.

• 20 DACs (value:360€ post-release)
    -> Mh, sell em to minimize losses?

• Lifetime Subscription
    -> Occasionally check out the building experience to check whether or not NQ implemented my suggestions from Alpha/Beta, or still creep around the very first iteration of choking creativity.

• Original SoundTrack (Digital)
    -> Err... wait for it? Did I already get it? Wasn't there something on the Tubes? I feel so special. I bet nobody else found it there. Wait, they did? And they didn't even have to pay for it? Oh. Ok.

• In-game Pet (lvl.1 version)
    -> Wait for it...

• In-game Pet (lvl.2 version)
    -> Wait for it...

• In-game Pet (lvl.3 version)
    -> Wait for it...

• In-game Pet (lvl.4 version)
    -> Wait for it...

• Closed Beta Key Access
    -> Already gave it away. Still feeling a bit salty about it not counting towards the recruit a friend program. Just as the others I brought to DU. Great concept waiting for everyone to gather their friends before letting it count towards referral points.

• Alpha Access Key
    -> Already used it up. Was nice for a time. Then the project got choked and poisoned.

• Alpha Team Outfit
    -> Waaait, I can change clothes now? Oh, wait. No. Wait for it...

Glad to answer all of your questions NQ. Best conversation ever.

Edited by vertex

On 9/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, Zeddrick said:

How will things work with the STU?  Is it the case that only the backers will have a sanctuary territory unit and everyone else will spawn on Haven?  Or will there be another way to get an STU or the option to spawn on Sanctuary instead?

my alt has a SANC tu in its nano, i was like WTF,  whats that doing there, where as my KS backer acc, nada, anyway to answer your question all I would have to do is fly to sanc and claim a tile with it.