LAST MONTH BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

25 minutes ago, Tional said:

Dates don't match. Which is it?

The building event starts at 14:00 UTC on Tuesday the 6th of September and runs continuously until 14:00 UTC on September 22nd.  That gives a span of just over two weeks the event will be active

The PvP event starts at 14:00 UTC on Friday the 16th of September and runs continuously until 14:00 UTC on September 19th.  That gives a span of a long weekend where the event will be crushing the server.

59 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

The building event starts at 14:00 UTC on Tuesday the 6th of September and runs continuously until 14:00 UTC on September 22nd.  That gives a span of just over two weeks the event will be active

The PvP event starts at 14:00 UTC on Friday the 16th of September and runs continuously until 14:00 UTC on September 19th.  That gives a span of a long weekend where the event will be crushing the server.

That's not what the text said at the time (quoted), but thank you all the same. It's been fixed.

And the event will be crashing clients, and probably the server as well. Plus there's the ammo thing.

I had a few questions regarding the build event.

For the speeder:
* Are we allowed to add extra elements . ( i think the awnser is yes, just wasnt 100% clear to me)
Also i think its missing a rule "Not allowed to use any advanced lua"

For the outpost building:
* Are we allowed to already start a build, and then be able to spawn in a BP at the event location.

Stay safe

1 hour ago, CrazyHenky said:

For the speeder:
* Are we allowed to add extra elements . ( i think the awnser is yes, just wasnt 100% clear to me)
Also i think its missing a rule "Not allowed to use any advanced lua"

I too have questions:

How many entries are being accepted per player?  (I suspect unlimited due to high number of players with alts being too difficult to effectively/fairly limit with everything else going on.)

What elements not explicitly forbidden would be frowned upon?  For example, there is no mention of wings or ailerons (size limitations, semi-functional decorations?). 

When stated that Stabilizers must be placed vertically does that allow for some angle of offset (ex. 5-30 or 33-45 degree tilt in a given direction) or must it be square and upright?

I second the questions about placing from BP vs. live build only and copy/paste from existing constructs.  

For my part unadulterated cynicism. I keep having these showerarguments in my head when I think about the game.

Like remember aaaaaaall the times somebody asked for their character to be reset. And we'd tell 'em in general like dude what for, you can reset the toturial, you can suicide respawn, and the talent points you have, you have, what's the point in waiting again. My warmest thoughts about the relaunch is just imagining how I would from time to time connect to ask general: "can NQ delete my backer rewards please I misclicked" to make a "joke" only I recognise as such despite not finding it funny either.

1 hour ago, Soaring_Carnivore said:

I have entered 3 constructs into one form. Could I have done it?

In my opinion it would be better to submit one form per construct.  This will help NQ keep better records if nothing else.

On 9/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, Soaring_Carnivore said:

where should we bring our designs? And will there be any other awards besides the fact that they may fall into your hands for distribution?)

All submissions are through a Google Form:  https://forms.gle/HcrJ6ySfgLpWtAFD8.  They need a few bits of information about the construct.  With that they will be able to teleport to it anywhere in the game similar to the way you would set a waypoint.  I am sure they have many GM powers that will let them see our entries.

On 9/1/2022 at 6:41 AM, Aaron Cain said:

Will there be building space be near the exchange for these event builds?

It is a Google Form submission with details about the construct, not a build-off (but that sounds fun).  The link is just above this post.  

I have seen a few build-off style competitions on streams.  I'm sure there will be more in the future.

On 9/7/2022 at 1:31 AM, Wyndle said:

In my opinion it would be better to submit one form per construct.  This will help NQ keep better records if nothing else.

I have not worked with such a Google form before. won't the record of the first construct be deleted if I open a new empty form and enter the second construct there? In addition, all constructs have the same owner and creator. I would still prefer to see the response of the organizers, and not such participants who can only suppose, sorry.

1 hour ago, Soaring_Carnivore said:

I have not worked with such a Google form before. won't the record of the first construct be deleted if I open a new empty form and enter the second construct there? In addition, all constructs have the same owner and creator. I would still prefer to see the response of the organizers, and not such participants who can only suppose, sorry.

While I cannot be sure of how they set this form up, from my prior experience such forms send an email for each submission without exposing the email address.  There were a dozen different ways to go about such an event that may have caused less confusion than the way they chose but each would have put more work in their path as they prepare for launch.